...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by TheAfricanDream

For those with the 8900, how is it typing on it? I saw it in the store last week, and thought it would be a little too small for my tastes.
It took a couple of days of adjustment from the Curve 8320 to the 8900 for me. Nothing too bad, the letters aren't spaced out like on theCurve 8320, whereas the Curve 8900 has them all basically next to each other, so you press an extra letter here and there. But all it takes is a couple of daysand you get the hang of it. Plus, I love the compactness, the Curve 8320 feels HUGE compared to the 8900.

Originally Posted by Datnggag

Originally Posted by AQPHAME

i ordered my 8900 and should be recieving it anytime this week. i have a few questions about the AIM is on BB because im switching from a sidekick lx.

1. is it close to a sidekick aim?
2. will it sign me off when i make phone calls?
3. do i need to download a different aim than the one it comes with?
4. can you read/put away messages and buddy icons?
The stock aim on the Blackberry sucks..Get JIVETALK..its the closet thing to the Sk aim every..All theese answers are in response to JIvetalk
1. Yes the closet
2. No It will not
3.Download JiveTalk
4. Yes you can..And you cant set buddy icons..and everything..

thanks. i just got my bb this morning. i like it so far. i downloaded beejive for aim, and its pretty good. is it the same as jivetalk? and i tried usingyoutube, its very blurry, nothing like when i use it on my itouch or iphone. its soo blurry, i'd rather not use it. and i cant seem to find BBM so i triedto download it off the link it the first page and it says my deivce does not meet requirements to download it, any advice?

and browsing NT on it is kinda weird, it was easier on the sidekick. everything else is good.

^^^^^I didn't realize email was instant. IF I get a job this fall, a lot provide Blackberries or iPhones because email is necessary. I'll probably justwait until then, but thanks for the info.

YO'
IS THERE A PLUG IN FOR BBs THAT ALLOW YOU TO PLAY YOUR MUSIC IN THE CAR

AND IS THERE A APP OR SOMETHING ALLOWS ME TO "DELETE" MY MYSPACE PICS?
I HAVE NO TROUBLE ADDIN JUST DELETING THEM

YES IVE TRIED THAT MYSPACE APP

Originally Posted by stepinitup

2o4
I think it takes more energy to write a comment then to check for a link
roll.gif

yeah i ending up searching, found 2 nice ones.
laugh.gif

this may have been stated before so sorry if im asking again but, when is the new 8900 coming out for AT&T? thanks in advance

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, my boy let me use his BB Storm, and that joint is weeeet!!! It's pimp as hell, and im bout to get my job to get me one forthe free-zy! ya herds??
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 2o4

links for some good themes on the bold?
lazy to check the list on page one.
Wifey got me the Bold for Valentine's Day and I immediately searched for a blank theme. It's just like the Precision Theme except therearen't any apps on the home screen. I like seeing my wallpaper in entirety and it gives a clean look.

Found this: Blank Bold Theme (OTA)

And it looks very similar to this:
blankboldbn0.jpg

Originally Posted by Dellibedaboss

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, my boy let me use his BB Storm, and that joint is weeeet!!! It's pimp as hell, and im bout to get my job to get me one for the free-zy! ya herds??
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
i use to hate my storm but now im liking it...slacker radio on it is the only thing that keeps me from not selling it...the fact that i STILL cantpost on NT has me
mad.gif
but i have finally learned to use the suretype and alli just need a good weather app and im good!

useful apps:
slacker radio slacker.com
google maps
trip planner (NYC Transit)

Originally Posted by PoLo Sport NYC

^^got slacker and changed my theme to the 3g Iphone...serious!!!

i need that mta map and weather no doubt

put me on that theme my dude

Originally Posted by mike23theking

Originally Posted by 2o4

Wifey got me the Bold for Valentine's Day and I immediately searched for a blank theme. It's just like the Precision Theme except there aren't any apps on the home screen. I like seeing my wallpaper in entirety and it gives a clean look.

blankboldbn0.jpg
that one looks sweet.
i dont know how to install ota files, just the other way which has like two files forget and you use the desktop manager.

^OTA files are easy to download. All you need to do is click the download link in your BB browser, and your straight.

Originally Posted by 2o4

Originally Posted by mike23theking

Originally Posted by 2o4

Wifey got me the Bold for Valentine's Day and I immediately searched for a blank theme. It's just like the Precision Theme except there aren't any apps on the home screen. I like seeing my wallpaper in entirety and it gives a clean look.

blankboldbn0.jpg
that one looks sweet.
i dont know how to install ota files, just the other way which has like two files forget and you use the desktop manager.
What I sometimes do is take the link and email it to myself using wifey's email address. Open up the email and click the link and it'llprompt the download.

well i have the opportunity to go from a 8830 we to a storm or a curve.

i DO love the 8830 and all of its capabilities, but after hearing that the 8830 is pretty much a goner, ive been having mixed emotions.

i do love the 8830 for its keyboard and functionality, but the ringer volume sucks and i feel that im getting left behind, while new firmware and devices arereleasing my device is left in the dust.

this thread will basically determine the fate of my beloved 8830we.

tell me the pros and cons of the storm and help me make my decision!

OTA is easy all you do is click on the link from ur bb browser and a download screen should pop up.

And that theme is nice for the bold but when I downloaded it it was all black, not like the blue one shown.

Originally Posted by stepinitup

And that theme is nice for the bold but when I downloaded it it was all black, not like the blue one shown.
Sorry, I just made that real quick to give an idea of the blank theme. I immediately changed the wallpaper to a photo of my 2 girls.

I love the theme though.. it gives the phone a cleaner look. Pretty much the same theme I had on my Curve.

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

Originally Posted by bigsupa

Originally Posted by PoLo Sport NYC

^^got slacker and changed my theme to the 3g Iphone...serious!!!

i need that mta map and weather no doubt

put me on that theme my dude
go here:
http://www.themes4bb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18924http://www.themes4bb.com/...um/showthread.php?t=18924

YO GOOD LOOKIN...I WENT BANANAS CHANGING MY THEMES FROM THE IBERRY TO THE DARK KNIGHT...ALL I NEED IS THAT NY YANKEE THEME AND IM GOOD....OH WAIT NO I STILLCANT POST ON NT
mad.gif

Has anyone elses BB Storm been acting funny lately???

My friend and I both got Storms and our joints been freezing and reseting...
smh.gif

What up everyone? I'm a month or two away from getting my first BB, Right now its between the Storm (b/c im currently w/ verizon) or the Bold ... I'veonly read a few pages back b/c this thread is so long, from responses it seems like the Bold is the best out?

How is AT&T's service? Dont know if i want to switch companies again, ive been w/ t-mobile and currently verizon...but if the Bold is that much better,then i may just have to...i guess ive got a lot to learn as well, w/ all of the updates and apps, etc. ive never messed w/ any of that and i feel like i'dbe lost...

...but i think its time to get a BB

Back
Top Bottom