OFFICIAL: BOSTON BRUINS 2011 STANLEY CUP CHAMPS!!!

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

interesting...watch at a bar or at the garden? hmm, decisions, decisions....
Just heard on the radio that the Mayor said there will be no viewing at the garden.  I guess I can see them trying to keep the crowd level low on Causeway but come on.  

Just heard on the radio that the Mayor said there will be no viewing at the garden.  I guess I can see them trying to keep the crowd level low on Causeway but come on.  

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

that's lame as hell...i still plan on being down at one of the bars on causeway/canal/friend st...eff that low key crowd crap. let's riot

that's lame as hell...i still plan on being down at one of the bars on causeway/canal/friend st...eff that low key crowd crap. let's riot

Well, another game 7. I don't know what to say. This run to the Stanley Cup has been just amazing. There has been so much emotion this year because of what The Bruins have endured the past few years. It started with game 7 against Montreal, our first demon to excorcise. One of our most hated rivals pushing us to the limit and there was so much more "unfinished business" against other teams it wasn't even funny. New guy Nathan Horton brought something to our team, his smile. Some may say that he hasn't produced much because of his draft status but he brought a physical game to line up with Lucic. I was very happy that we advanced but I was even more happy that we showed some resiliency in winning the game against The Habs.

However, it was just one demon and there were three more to slay.

The Flyers- what can I say? They ended all hopes last year and it was this bad taste in my mouth for a whole year. I felt like %%#% after that game and had the same empty feeling in my stomach when I watched the Patriots lose in Super Bowl XL. What the !%%% happened? That's what I kept saying to myself. I thought we were going to go 7 with The Flyers as well but the goaltending carousel was still rotating and Pronger was out. Krejci was just krechin' off and it was wham, bam thank you ma'am.

The Eastern Conference Finals- Everybody said that if Claude Julien made it to ECF he would still have a job. I thought otherwise. I had some faith in Claude sometimes but he is always so dull and narrow. He looks dumb and goofy and that's how he goes about things as well. The Lightning were a suprise team. Everybody knew about Stamkos, Lecavalier and St. Louis and I knew their offense was going to be downright filthy. I felt an achilles heel on their D though. They brought in Eric Brewer but what they really needed is a more offensive minded defensemen to pair with Hedman. That kid is going to be great but Ohlund was not cutting it with me and Seguin ripped them apart. This round, was a round I respected and enjoyed. The Lightning have a great offense and grit guys like Bergenheim and Downie chipping in. Yzerman is doing a great job with that team and will go places with them. But, this was Thomas vs. St. Louis for me. And it was awesome. I posted something about the two embracing each other after game 7. And I loved every minute of it. It made me almost cry to see St. Louis because I know they feel for each other because he was doubted as well.
frown.gif
 Both teams played one hell of a round of hockey and I give The Lightning so much respect.

I have been wanting to get this off my chest for a long time. When they handed out the The Prince of Wales trophy, did anybody see what Zdeno Chara did? He brought the whole team for the photo. Henrik took the picture by himself. This reminded me of the 2001 Patriots coming in for introductions and The Rams not doing it. This is when I knew something special could happen. It was about that team unity that everybody talks about. The trip to Prague, the anticipation of Tyler Seguin, the collapse from last year. This is what I have been waiting for such a long time. Take a look at the picture people and you guys will laugh. Chris Kelly is the typical guy in the front so he knows he has to squat. Grandpa Rex put his arm on that old hag's shoulder as well as though he was part of the team. 
laugh.gif
 That was happiness and it was 
pimp.gif
. I couldn't have been more happier for The Bruins and I was honored to know that in my lifetime, I am able to say that I saw The Bruins play in a Stanley Cup Final. 
I didn't know much about The Canucks but that one game I saw during their road trip. I knew Lucic was happy since he's from there but I couldn't gauge anything but their stacked lineup. Then, I saw Burrows bite a finger. What was the reason to that? Bergeron is not much of a fighter and you're biting a sweaty glove. I really gave it no mind but these shenanigans need to be corrected. Then, I saw Lapierre punk Bergeron and I knew these guys showed no respect to anybody. Wait until you come around here and I will show you something. The Canucks showed me that they wouldn't let up by knocking out Horton. They took out Che Guevara to my Fidel Castro. It was a devastating blow and it was horrible to see his eyes in the back of his head, pointing to God, wondering what the hell just happened?! I thought about all the concussions and wondered why it always happens to The Bruins? It felt as though there was some kind of curse and all people wanted to do was concuss Bruins players and it sucked. We won a few of the battles but the war still is unfinished. 

If the Bruins win The Stanley Cup, I will probably cry. I know The Canucks have never won before but I live and die by these guys and I have seen so much failure from this team. How good would it be to see Horton hoisting the cup? How good would it be to see Marc Savard hoist the cup?! I want to see another team picture again. Not just the players. But, with the trainers, coaches and anybody else they can fit in that picture with that big shiny cup.

I can't thank you enough for reading this and I haven't been this excited for hockey in such a long time. I went to my first hockey game this year and it was so much fun to finally see it live. This ride has been unbelievable. I have been to all the parades here in Boston for football, baseball and basketball. I have never seen it for hockey. I am not tooting my own horn or about saying that Boston is the best. It's a privilege to see The Bruins and hockey players win it because they play every minute like it's their last. They don't half-*@+ anything like I see in basketball. They go in and never come back. It's that feeling you get knowing that this is it. What doesn't kill only makes you stronger, I am still here; I am still fighting and I will keep fighting until I get to where I want to be. I am not going to settle for anything less and that's how I feel in life. I want to be on top of that mountain and I want that feeling of pure nirvana. 

Well, another game 7. I don't know what to say. This run to the Stanley Cup has been just amazing. There has been so much emotion this year because of what The Bruins have endured the past few years. It started with game 7 against Montreal, our first demon to excorcise. One of our most hated rivals pushing us to the limit and there was so much more "unfinished business" against other teams it wasn't even funny. New guy Nathan Horton brought something to our team, his smile. Some may say that he hasn't produced much because of his draft status but he brought a physical game to line up with Lucic. I was very happy that we advanced but I was even more happy that we showed some resiliency in winning the game against The Habs.

However, it was just one demon and there were three more to slay.

The Flyers- what can I say? They ended all hopes last year and it was this bad taste in my mouth for a whole year. I felt like %%#% after that game and had the same empty feeling in my stomach when I watched the Patriots lose in Super Bowl XL. What the !%%% happened? That's what I kept saying to myself. I thought we were going to go 7 with The Flyers as well but the goaltending carousel was still rotating and Pronger was out. Krejci was just krechin' off and it was wham, bam thank you ma'am.

The Eastern Conference Finals- Everybody said that if Claude Julien made it to ECF he would still have a job. I thought otherwise. I had some faith in Claude sometimes but he is always so dull and narrow. He looks dumb and goofy and that's how he goes about things as well. The Lightning were a suprise team. Everybody knew about Stamkos, Lecavalier and St. Louis and I knew their offense was going to be downright filthy. I felt an achilles heel on their D though. They brought in Eric Brewer but what they really needed is a more offensive minded defensemen to pair with Hedman. That kid is going to be great but Ohlund was not cutting it with me and Seguin ripped them apart. This round, was a round I respected and enjoyed. The Lightning have a great offense and grit guys like Bergenheim and Downie chipping in. Yzerman is doing a great job with that team and will go places with them. But, this was Thomas vs. St. Louis for me. And it was awesome. I posted something about the two embracing each other after game 7. And I loved every minute of it. It made me almost cry to see St. Louis because I know they feel for each other because he was doubted as well.
frown.gif
 Both teams played one hell of a round of hockey and I give The Lightning so much respect.

I have been wanting to get this off my chest for a long time. When they handed out the The Prince of Wales trophy, did anybody see what Zdeno Chara did? He brought the whole team for the photo. Henrik took the picture by himself. This reminded me of the 2001 Patriots coming in for introductions and The Rams not doing it. This is when I knew something special could happen. It was about that team unity that everybody talks about. The trip to Prague, the anticipation of Tyler Seguin, the collapse from last year. This is what I have been waiting for such a long time. Take a look at the picture people and you guys will laugh. Chris Kelly is the typical guy in the front so he knows he has to squat. Grandpa Rex put his arm on that old hag's shoulder as well as though he was part of the team. 
laugh.gif
 That was happiness and it was 
pimp.gif
. I couldn't have been more happier for The Bruins and I was honored to know that in my lifetime, I am able to say that I saw The Bruins play in a Stanley Cup Final. 
I didn't know much about The Canucks but that one game I saw during their road trip. I knew Lucic was happy since he's from there but I couldn't gauge anything but their stacked lineup. Then, I saw Burrows bite a finger. What was the reason to that? Bergeron is not much of a fighter and you're biting a sweaty glove. I really gave it no mind but these shenanigans need to be corrected. Then, I saw Lapierre punk Bergeron and I knew these guys showed no respect to anybody. Wait until you come around here and I will show you something. The Canucks showed me that they wouldn't let up by knocking out Horton. They took out Che Guevara to my Fidel Castro. It was a devastating blow and it was horrible to see his eyes in the back of his head, pointing to God, wondering what the hell just happened?! I thought about all the concussions and wondered why it always happens to The Bruins? It felt as though there was some kind of curse and all people wanted to do was concuss Bruins players and it sucked. We won a few of the battles but the war still is unfinished. 

If the Bruins win The Stanley Cup, I will probably cry. I know The Canucks have never won before but I live and die by these guys and I have seen so much failure from this team. How good would it be to see Horton hoisting the cup? How good would it be to see Marc Savard hoist the cup?! I want to see another team picture again. Not just the players. But, with the trainers, coaches and anybody else they can fit in that picture with that big shiny cup.

I can't thank you enough for reading this and I haven't been this excited for hockey in such a long time. I went to my first hockey game this year and it was so much fun to finally see it live. This ride has been unbelievable. I have been to all the parades here in Boston for football, baseball and basketball. I have never seen it for hockey. I am not tooting my own horn or about saying that Boston is the best. It's a privilege to see The Bruins and hockey players win it because they play every minute like it's their last. They don't half-*@+ anything like I see in basketball. They go in and never come back. It's that feeling you get knowing that this is it. What doesn't kill only makes you stronger, I am still here; I am still fighting and I will keep fighting until I get to where I want to be. I am not going to settle for anything less and that's how I feel in life. I want to be on top of that mountain and I want that feeling of pure nirvana. 

solemate...nice, dude
pimp.gif

it's certainly been a helluva run for us. let's finish it right tomorrow
pimp.gif

solemate...nice, dude
pimp.gif

it's certainly been a helluva run for us. let's finish it right tomorrow
pimp.gif

City of Boston is afraid to sanction any kind of group viewing of a sporting event probably cuz of what happened in the '04 ALCS and I think they're cheap and don't want to commit the money and time. Personally, I don't think the people that run this city are actual sports fans. Do you sense any kind of passion from City Hall here when it comes to sports? I've never heard of Menino being a fan of any team in this city. 6 Championships in this town in the last 10 years and only 1 victory rally, which was the 1st Superbowl. Something about 1.5 million people downtown being unsafe...whatever. BS i tell you. "Rolling-Rally" my ***.... they can't be bothered with committing the time and money for the organization.

City of Boston is afraid to sanction any kind of group viewing of a sporting event probably cuz of what happened in the '04 ALCS and I think they're cheap and don't want to commit the money and time. Personally, I don't think the people that run this city are actual sports fans. Do you sense any kind of passion from City Hall here when it comes to sports? I've never heard of Menino being a fan of any team in this city. 6 Championships in this town in the last 10 years and only 1 victory rally, which was the 1st Superbowl. Something about 1.5 million people downtown being unsafe...whatever. BS i tell you. "Rolling-Rally" my ***.... they can't be bothered with committing the time and money for the organization.

i dont blame the city cause quite frankly, any of us in and around boston know the bruins crowd is a FAR different crowd than the sox and celtics crowds. celtics are close, but theres a large part of the bruins fan base that are middle aged alcoholic nutjobs that WILL go drunk crazy if and WHEN we win.
laugh.gif

solemate very nice piece.
pimp.gif
i noticed the wales trophy thing too. in a very general sense, i feel that the bruins "get it" and the nucks just dont. for instance:

luongo: I'M one away from a cup.

thomas: WE'RE focused on game 6.

i'm a little upset they wont be having a viewing party, i've seen everyone else have them and always thought they looked cool.

savard is the lone bruin not on the trip. apparently he isnt improving too much.
frown.gif
i wonder, does he potentially get his name etched on the cup?

i dont blame the city cause quite frankly, any of us in and around boston know the bruins crowd is a FAR different crowd than the sox and celtics crowds. celtics are close, but theres a large part of the bruins fan base that are middle aged alcoholic nutjobs that WILL go drunk crazy if and WHEN we win.
laugh.gif

solemate very nice piece.
pimp.gif
i noticed the wales trophy thing too. in a very general sense, i feel that the bruins "get it" and the nucks just dont. for instance:

luongo: I'M one away from a cup.

thomas: WE'RE focused on game 6.

i'm a little upset they wont be having a viewing party, i've seen everyone else have them and always thought they looked cool.

savard is the lone bruin not on the trip. apparently he isnt improving too much.
frown.gif
i wonder, does he potentially get his name etched on the cup?

i can't wait for this. heading downtown tomorrow at 10 AM, hopefully to find a pub to watch the game. anticipation is killing me. helluva series and i'm glad to see that for the most part there's no garbage in this thread unlike some of the other forums i frequent 
laugh.gif
enjoy the game everyone, go nux!

i can't wait for this. heading downtown tomorrow at 10 AM, hopefully to find a pub to watch the game. anticipation is killing me. helluva series and i'm glad to see that for the most part there's no garbage in this thread unlike some of the other forums i frequent 
laugh.gif
enjoy the game everyone, go nux!

i fully plan on spending most of the day listening to all these montages of the entire season and/or playoffs

i fully plan on spending most of the day listening to all these montages of the entire season and/or playoffs

BJM, Deadset and anybody else:

I couldn't do it without you guys. It's been a great season and this was the only thread that I was focused on. My post count went up because of the hockey thread. 
laugh.gif

BJM, Deadset and anybody else:

I couldn't do it without you guys. It's been a great season and this was the only thread that I was focused on. My post count went up because of the hockey thread. 
laugh.gif

same here, ive added a lot of posts in here. everytime i look at my last 5 its always 4 from the hockey thread.
laugh.gif

i cant take this all day. listening to gresh and zo right now ready to jump out of my skin..

same here, ive added a lot of posts in here. everytime i look at my last 5 its always 4 from the hockey thread.
laugh.gif

i cant take this all day. listening to gresh and zo right now ready to jump out of my skin..

laugh.gif
no doubt

by far THE best threads on this board are these hockey threads. the people that post and the content...unmatched
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
no doubt

by far THE best threads on this board are these hockey threads. the people that post and the content...unmatched
pimp.gif

Man I'm pumped for the game tonight...

I can give a rats %!$ who wins, but I wanna see some 0-0 5OT +@*+ go down
roll.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom