\\//OFFICIAL//\\ Boston Red Sox vs. Aneheim Angels ALDS Thread; (Lock it up, 2009 We Off That)

YOU NEED 3 OUTS, SON!!!! NOT 2!!! THE INNING IS OVER... THE GAME IS OVER... WHEN YOU GET THREE OUTS!!!!

LET'S... GOOOO!!!
Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers:
right now an angel fan who lives in kentucky is going crazy
Prett sure everyone here at work hates me. I was going all over the grounds here like '2 out baseball, baby!!! Let's GOOOO!'

Oh boy
laugh.gif

The look on Papelbon's face during the post game interview was my greatest joy of the weekend, I could not stop laughing at him. Holding back the tears.The looks on all of the fans faces was ridiculously funny.

Sorry DS, AIF and JD.

i havent loved the angels this much since the 2002 world series against the giants
laugh.gif
...is this the beginning of the downfall of boston sports?
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

Sorry DS, AIF and JD.
Its all good. Its been well documented that Pap has had my finger on the life-alert button for the majority of the season. I knew when it cameplayoff time he would cost us a game. It was inevitable. You would think with Bard nipping at his tail that he would step up and show he should be our closer,but he has just played like trash.

Shakier than Michael J. Fox
2r4udlt.jpg

westcoastsfinest:
is this the beginning of the downfall of boston sports?
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

I don't even care so much about that.

Just wanted them to stop whooping US (Lakers, Angels).
laugh.gif

P.S. Yes, this is me not posting in the LAA//NYY thread until gametime.
nerd.gif
embarassed.gif

laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Yea I might have to stay out of that thread as well. The new "Yankee Fans Since Birth" are starting to take over in there.
laugh.gif

You know you're cool with the regulars.
smokin.gif

laugh.gif

Good to know. Yea im just hoping for a good series. I love to see good baseball even if we arent involved.

They will be gone the second you guys are eliminated anyways. So no biggie.

But wait for it

Wait for it

Good Luck Yankees.
4fuya8.jpg

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth

This one game for Paperlbon he probably now has a higher career ERA and gave up more runs then Mariano Rivera for his entire career.
eek.gif
sick.gif

Filthy what Mo has done in his career. Just nasty.
smh.gif

Props to the Angels, great comeback win.

It's definitely not the last game he'll pitch in Boston. They're two years removed from a WS where he played a vital part. They'll keep him andgradually mold Bard into his replacement. Who knows, they may even think about converting him back to a starter. Just throwing it out there, I really doubtthat he's done in Boston.

Yea I dont think hes done. He had a bad season. But hes got to do something to get back on track. Because he really never looked that great this year. Had acouple 1, 2, 3's but they were very few and far between

i agree...hes not quite done just yet. to be honest he was shaky ALL year long. it was bound to catch up to him. i do think pitching to vlad instead of hunterwas the right decision, but who cares really. it's over with now.

CP1708:
This one game for Paperlbon he probably now has a higher career ERA and gave up more runs then Mariano Rivera for his entire career.
eek.gif
sick.gif

smh.gif

My sarcasm meter isn't working. Or... I don't own one. One or the other.

So in either event, were you being serious with this reply?

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

CP1708:
eek.gif
sick.gif

smh.gif

Yes sir, Mo's postseason numbers are stupid, plain stupid.

And with just this one game by Paps, he's damn near equaled just about every run Mo has ever given up in the postseason.
eek.gif

a .077 ERA isn't a joke, that happens with no runs ever being scored on you. Pap will have to throw like 100 innings from here on out to get an era likethat.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

No disrespect at all to him, I was just commenting on how insane Rivera's #'s are.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Done in Boston? No way.

If they can get something of note in return for him, namely some power hitting, they need to deal him. His act is tired.

Mo is no doubt the best I have ever seen in my 23 years. Possibly the best ever. Cannot argue. I always thought Pap was a little out of line calling him out.But it is what it is. I hope this post season humbled him a little and he just gets back to pitching rather than talking like he big %+%%.

Thats the thing I respect about Mariano and Jeter. Those guys are arguably one of the best ever at their positions and what they do. But you never hear themout there spouting off about we the best, no1 can get hits off me/strike me out. The guys just go out there and produce night in and night out.

PS. We wont get into the whole Jeter is the greatest SS of all time thing. Because although I dont think he is, he is definitely top 3. And I cant deny howgreat he actually is.

^ theres a reason we (or at least i) hate jeter, because you're right, he's THAT good. i respect him like no other, but god do i hate him
laugh.gif

CP1708:
23ska909red02:
CP1708:
eek.gif
sick.gif

smh.gif

And with just this one game by Paps, he's damn near equaled just about every run Mo has ever given up in the postseason.
eek.gif

a .077 ERA isn't a joke, that happens with no runs ever being scored on you. Pap will have to throw like 100 innings from here on out to get an era like that.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

No disrespect at all to him, I was just commenting on how insane Rivera's #'s are.
Didn't Pap give up 3? You didn't think that in 14 years, Rivera had given up 3 runs? You thought there was a possibility that he hadactually given up LESS than 3 runs in 14 years?

Granted, his numbers are 'mind-bottling', but I first read your first response and thought 'You don't honest;y think he has only given up just1 or 2 runs, and that now Pap has passed him up in one game by giving up 3, do you?'

I see that Rivera has given up 10, which is crazy impressive, but still nowhere close t 'less than 3'.

Know what I mean? THat's where I was coming from, off your first reply.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

CP1708:
23ska909red02:
CP1708:
eek.gif
sick.gif

smh.gif

eek.gif

a .077 ERA isn't a joke, that happens with no runs ever being scored on you. Pap will have to throw like 100 innings from here on out to get an era like that.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Didn't Pap give up 3? You didn't think that in 14 years, Rivera had given up 3 runs? You thought there was a possibility that he had actually given up LESS than 3 runs in 14 years?

Granted, his numbers are 'mind-bottling', but I first read your first response and thought 'You don't honest;y think he has only given up just 1 or 2 runs, and that now Pap has passed him up in one game by giving up 3, do you?'

I see that Rivera has given up 10, which is crazy impressive, but still nowhere close t 'less than 3'.

Know what I mean? THat's where I was coming from, off your first reply.

Eh, ok so I was off a few runs, sue me.
laugh.gif

Whatddya want facts or somethin in here? Come on, I'm not a library.
laugh.gif

Either way, I was close enough. 10 runs in 14 years is stupid. 3 runs in less then an inning, gets him 30% to that total with still 13 years left to go.
eek.gif
sick.gif

Yeah, to have one inning where you reach 30% of what someone else did in 14 years speaks VOLUMES for Rivera.

Also, he has the best song entrance ever, I might add.
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom