***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

How was the interview?

Dont even waste your time watching that interview fams........back to Jhene

Last edited:
Tamar's expression in the thumbnail is exactly how I reacted when I saw that she was interviewed.

i like Tamar...she does too much at times but i only see it once a week so it doesn't bother me...she had my favorite album of 2013

i like their talk show also...i know when they did the test run last summer it was prerecorded....i wonder if it will be live now cuz if not they will always be behind on the hot topics

Adrianne is cool too...

That interview was REAL!!! and once again charlamagne just not getting basic concepts.... the justice system, financial system, education system etc etc all favor whites by a VERY big margin, but no we have Obama so blacks & whites are equal. :rolleyes

I liked the interview.

Here's what I said on YT:

People seem to have taken "I want to be big and white" the wrong way. I'm not a CG fan and have never listened to any of his music or seen any of his shows, but he referenced Will Smith in the interview as an example of "big and white."

I think he means to say so popular (big) that you are accepted by white people no matter how black you are. Will Smith has never toned down his blackness to fit in. On Fresh Prince he was basically himself. I used to think he wasn't going to be a good actor in movies because he played himself on his show to a degree. I also remember him saying he wanted to be the next Tom Cruise 20 years ago and thinking to myself white people are never going to accept someone that doesn't tone down their blackness as a leading actor and much less going to pay him $20 million a film (that's what Tom Cruise was making at that time) and Will Smith proved me wrong.

The way I take CG's message is he wants to be himself AND successful to the point that people don't put him in a box of he can only do "this". I don't think he's self-hating or confused. When he says that "we" create culture, he's right. Even in sports, black people change the way that things are done. We change the way things are done, said, seen, etc. I'm feeling that a lot actually. Make them pay you for what you are worth. And if what the masses consume is our culture, charge them for it. That clarity just dropped a jewel if you're paying attention.

Back
Top Bottom