Official Captain America: The First Avenger Thread....OUT NOW!!!

Originally Posted by wHo NicE as HiM

so i've just seen thor, and i still stand by my opinion

blade, stay true to the comics...gave you the PERFECT live action portrayal....blade is number 1

thor was aight, so was capt. america...but what made blade and spiderman good movies, they weren't selling you a "first appearance for other franchises"
they sold you a good movie.

hope avengers lives up to the hype, or it will kinda dent marvel's credibility...i know the last few RUSHED films has with me already
i like blade so i'll agree with you on that. but to say spiderman was a good movie? please.. for one the casting was all horrible, tobey maguire as peter parker? uhm no, that should've been topher grace. who shouldn't have been casted as eddie brock because he's too small and not muscular enough. the green goblin looked stupid, mary jane was supposed to be a hot red head, not ugly **! kirsten dunst. and not to mention the emo peter parker.. so no, spiderman 1,2 and 3 were huge failures in my opinion.

Originally Posted by wHo NicE as HiM

so i've just seen thor, and i still stand by my opinion

blade, stay true to the comics...gave you the PERFECT live action portrayal....blade is number 1

thor was aight, so was capt. america...but what made blade and spiderman good movies, they weren't selling you a "first appearance for other franchises"
they sold you a good movie.

hope avengers lives up to the hype, or it will kinda dent marvel's credibility...i know the last few RUSHED films has with me already
i like blade so i'll agree with you on that. but to say spiderman was a good movie? please.. for one the casting was all horrible, tobey maguire as peter parker? uhm no, that should've been topher grace. who shouldn't have been casted as eddie brock because he's too small and not muscular enough. the green goblin looked stupid, mary jane was supposed to be a hot red head, not ugly **! kirsten dunst. and not to mention the emo peter parker.. so no, spiderman 1,2 and 3 were huge failures in my opinion.

Watched it today, LOVED it.

Acting was on point
Agent Carter
pimp.gif
devil.gif

Hugo Weaving is one of my favorite actors
Story was pretty good
Ending Credits
eek.gif
tongue.gif

Oh, how come people were griping about this being Chris Evans 2nd role as a comic book character, but I haven't heard anyone mention this being Hugo Weavings 2nd

Watched it today, LOVED it.

Acting was on point
Agent Carter
pimp.gif
devil.gif

Hugo Weaving is one of my favorite actors
Story was pretty good
Ending Credits
eek.gif
tongue.gif

Oh, how come people were griping about this being Chris Evans 2nd role as a comic book character, but I haven't heard anyone mention this being Hugo Weavings 2nd

Thought the movie was solid; loved the Cold War period setting, and it exceeded expectations as far as popcorn flicks go in terms of plot and acting. It had it's corny moments (locket with Carter's picture?
laugh.gif
), and it did seem to have a lack of peril, but the excellent action scenes made up for it. Regardless, I'm never overtly critical of these types of films anyway.

I don't usually get excited by these generic actresses that populate big-time movies, but the woman playing Peggy Carter was stunning. The English accent was just bonus
pimp.gif

Thought the movie was solid; loved the Cold War period setting, and it exceeded expectations as far as popcorn flicks go in terms of plot and acting. It had it's corny moments (locket with Carter's picture?
laugh.gif
), and it did seem to have a lack of peril, but the excellent action scenes made up for it. Regardless, I'm never overtly critical of these types of films anyway.

I don't usually get excited by these generic actresses that populate big-time movies, but the woman playing Peggy Carter was stunning. The English accent was just bonus
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by saint lt

Originally Posted by DimSum9

I have a feeling that Red Skull and Bucky Barnes aren't dead. Red Skull either teleported somewhere or disintegrated. I might be wrong but HYDRA might have administered the soldier serum to Bucky when he was captured.
Anyone notice the last scene and the girl? Might be Sharon Carter. 

they did, the room he was in is where they experimented on people.

Where would they get the serum from? The whole premise of the movie is the serum and that only one man can make it, he died and the last one was destroyed. 
they already had the formula it just wasn't perfected.

I have a feeling that Red Skull and Bucky Barnes aren't dead. Red Skull either teleported somewhere or disintegrated. I might be wrong but HYDRA might have administered the soldier serum to Bucky when he was captured.
Anyone notice the last scene and the girl? Might be Sharon Carter. 

Where would they get the serum from? The whole premise of the movie is the serum and that only one man can make it, he died and the last one was destroyed. 

i watched it, i loved it.
but i felt that they kinda rushed the ending a little bit
ohwell.gif

they should have shown him frozen, and it would have been cool to see the reaction of Stark, and Banner, when they found out it was him.

i watched it, i loved it.
but i felt that they kinda rushed the ending a little bit
ohwell.gif

they should have shown him frozen, and it would have been cool to see the reaction of Stark, and Banner, when they found out it was him.

Yeah Hayley Atwell
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
stole the movie.  Best part was when she shot the shield after Capt kissed that blondie.  
hayley_atwell_captain_america_premiere.jpg

Yeah Hayley Atwell
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
stole the movie.  Best part was when she shot the shield after Capt kissed that blondie.  
hayley_atwell_captain_america_premiere.jpg

Exactly and just like in Incredible Hulk (2008), they had a unperfected version tested on Blonsky who eventually became abomination. 
Also, that rock that Howard Stark found was the cosmic cube that melted through the plane. I'm guessing it has been in SSR/SHIELD custody the whole time in the movie plot and Tony Stark has been unaware of it. 

Exactly and just like in Incredible Hulk (2008), they had a unperfected version tested on Blonsky who eventually became abomination. 
Also, that rock that Howard Stark found was the cosmic cube that melted through the plane. I'm guessing it has been in SSR/SHIELD custody the whole time in the movie plot and Tony Stark has been unaware of it. 

So does this mean that iron man suit is powered by technology of the god's?
Spoiler [+]
giorgio-a-tsoukalos.jpg
mind blown

So does this mean that iron man suit is powered by technology of the god's?
Spoiler [+]
giorgio-a-tsoukalos.jpg
mind blown

Back
Top Bottom