Official CAR AUDIO Thread FAQ added

Originally Posted by zichardruniga

I was gonna cop the jbl for 285

the thing is I can't run the sundown at 1ohms, it'd have to be at 2 ohms right?

So I'm gettin less power from the sundown

or can I?
get the jbl then

Originally Posted by Scienz of Life

aiight monday

have both the mb quart amp and the ps gold speakers now. Anything else I need to know before I go get them installed?

Sound deadening

http://www.amazon.com/Ele...id=1277521421&sr=8-2

Put that stuff on your doors

you should be able to find some tutorials to run you through the process

yo eggy im sorry about the thing when I said i was about to buy the stuff I thought i was able to get it then stepdad turned it down after he said I could and things got heated and I didnt get back on haha and ive been at my dads since. I felt bad about that though. Im going back over the 4th and I gotta make sure but im pretty sure he said I could order stuff then so ill hit you back up with that

Decided to cop the Rockford fosgate x7

It's rated 1500 wAtts @ 2 ohms

But everyones birthsheet says 1700+

copped for 250 flat retail is supposdly 1400+

deal, steal, or bad move?

how many watts would you run on stock alt./battery...? i have a cheesy cadence fxa500 with two kicker cvr 12... i want to get one of them 1000.1 anything at this point... is this going to be safe w/ my 4gauge wiring and my 100amp fuse...? i like the Audioque 1200.1 joint... but i dont wanna fry my ford taurus....

Originally Posted by lebrady23

yo eggy im sorry about the thing when I said i was about to buy the stuff I thought i was able to get it then stepdad turned it down after he said I could and things got heated and I didnt get back on haha and ive been at my dads since. I felt bad about that though. Im going back over the 4th and I gotta make sure but im pretty sure he said I could order stuff then so ill hit you back up with that
Aight

Originally Posted by zichardruniga

Decided to cop the Rockford fosgate x7

It's rated 1500 wAtts @ 2 ohms

But everyones birthsheet says 1700+

copped for 250 flat retail is supposdly 1400+

deal, steal, or bad move?
Good deal

Originally Posted by The King Of Maryland

how many watts would you run on stock alt./battery...? i have a cheesy cadence fxa500 with two kicker cvr 12... i want to get one of them 1000.1 anything at this point... is this going to be safe w/ my 4gauge wiring and my 100amp fuse...? i like the Audioque 1200.1 joint... but i dont wanna fry my ford taurus....
stock alt...

i'd say around 1300 watts total

Use 0 gauge runs and put a big batt upfront..not a yellow top.

i have two 12's (kickers)
and a 800 watt punch amp and it bumps but not louder than smaller systems in friends cars.
some friends have smaller speakers and they bump louder
any sites? help? i think i installed it wrong...
maybe a site that tells u step by step
?

ok nt so i want to change all my speakers and hook a amp to them i really dont want too much boom but i want something you think i will be satisfied with this? btw am also keeping my stock radio for now and the speakers in the back are 4 by 9 i believe and the front are 4 n a half not sure if am saying it right but ya help me!

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

what kind of box are your subs in...prefab? custom?
doors deadened?
speakers amped? if so, what amp?
there in a box that has been called "too small for my speakers" rectangular shape. default style box
door are stock aswell.
only my subs are amped punch a2 :nerd:owatt amp.

No wonder

You need to do 4 things

Put the subs in a custom box
Get aftermarket components
amp them
deaden doors

Do that and you'll be louder and better sounding than your friends...

No wonder

You need to do 4 things

amp them
deaden doors

???
what do u mean..
and would a air ported longer bigger box add that much more bump or barely noticeable bump...

Originally Posted by KiiidThrash

No wonder

You need to do 4 things

amp them
deaden doors

???
what do u mean..
and would a air ported longer bigger box add that much more bump or barely noticeable bump...
5712.jpg

Components = woofer, tweeter, and crossover.

And yes, a ported box will make a world of a difference.

No wonder

You need to do 4 things

amp them
deaden doors

???
what do u mean..
5712.jpg

aight.
and crossover..? please explain.
thanks bruhh.

ok but would it help it sound better do the only reason am keeping the stock is because i cant find a good radio for my car

No wonder

You need to do 4 things

amp them
deaden doors

???
what do u mean..
5712.jpg

aight.
and crossover..? please explain.
thanks bruhh.
Crossover is used to send the right frequencies where they're suppose to go

tweets get the highs
mids get the mids

Originally Posted by Murkn3m

ok but would it help it sound better do the only reason am keeping the stock is because i cant find a good radio for my car
Would help if you mentioned what kind of car you had

alright we'll get on aim sometime this week and you have any amps you got your eye on? cause that one guy ended up selling the one we looked at

ok.... in my car, i was told i cant remove the headunit because of the passenger airbag.... i seen other people ghetto-mount a headunit in the ashtray and that $%@ is horrible... if you want to keep the stock headunit, you gotta get a Line Out Converter or an amp w/ it built in... my amp has it built in, but i have a LOC connected.... Not as quality sound, but it booms enough... but if i was you and i could get a headunit, i would... cuz w/ caraudio, no matter what you have, you will always want more and louder... trust me....
Sidenote- have you got any suggestions for a good clean 1000 watt amp... im thinking of doing a single HDC3 and i had my eye on that aq1200.1...

Cool little article on midbass

Midbass is lacking in 95% of car audio installs.

How to achieve awesome mid bass

I have recently received many questions about mid bass. Instead of making several replies I have opted to make this post. Questions and additions welcome.

This is one of the most complex and misunderstood topics in car audio for the following reasons that I will explain.

1.     Phase
You must be able to grasp the concept of sound in the incremental phase domain as well as sound in the frequency domain. I will explain.
2.     The cars dimensions
The car itself conflicts with good mid bass response do to various interior dimensions of a typical automobile coinciding with the physical size of sound waves in this frequency range.
3.     The misconceptions
The misconception that poor mid bass is due to low amplitude in this range. More won’t help. I will explain.
4.     Futile attempts
Many of the attempts people make to increase mid bass response only make it worse including gaining up, expanding crossover pass band, adding more speakers, and placing the mid bass drivers in an enclosure.   

The term mid bass can be interpreted many ways. In car audio however this band is pretty much set as the band between 50hz and 250hz. This is due to many reasons that are beyond the scope of this article. What’s important to understand is that in the 50hz-250hz range humans are the very least sensitive to variations in frequency response but we are the most sensitive in this range to changes in phase. As frequency rises above 250hz the opposite becomes true. Humans become less aware of phase response and much more aware of frequency response.

Phase
Phase is the angle measured at a given point on a sound wave.
sign1.jpg

Here you can see that from where Homer sits the sound wave arrives at his ear at one angle but below you can see that when he changes is position relative to the speaker the angle of the sign wave changes as well.
sign2.jpg

he can’t hear any difference in the sound. But when you add a second speaker things change.
unequil-distance.jpg

Now his brain is picking up one sound coming from two different places. His brain knows its coming from two different places partially because the phase angle is not the same. When this happens your brain will red flag this sound information as “invalid

Need Recommendations For An Amp..

Got 4 6x8 Kappa Series Inifinity Speakers Put In To Replace The Stock Ones In There...And Got An Alpine 9856 HU

Back
Top Bottom