Official CAR AUDIO Thread FAQ added

I am planning to get a cd receiver install into my 96 honda accord. I do no know much about cars, so i was wondering if this was an easy project to do at home. I found the JVC-KD-R210  receiver on amazon however i am open for suggestion on other cheap decent cd reciever. Any tips on how to go about this are appreciated.
Link:

http://www.amazon.com/JVC...id=1279398302&sr=1-7

I recently picked up a JVC KD-AX77 DVD deck back in late May:
x105KDAVX77-f_dg.jpeg

The deck is cool, great features, alot of expandability, the eq was great and the ability to adjust individual speaker level, size, distance etc was awesome. This was the best deck I've had in a while...

Until it stop providing me sound. I was able to get sound to all my speakers in my door panels (tweeter, 4", 6") and rear speakers (6 1/2") but my subs stopped working (2 10" Alpine type r's). The subs sounded like they were blown and just overall produced a horrible sound. I went thru testing, checking, and replacing a bunch of stuff, from getting a new sub, new amps, checking wires, rechecking, changing wires until I gave up. 

I got so frustrated, I ripped out the deck and went and bought this:

h113KiV900B-f_mt.jpeg

Kenwood KIV-BT900. I like it so much more then the JVC. Only 'downfall' would be there is no cd player...but who plays cd's nowadays? 

So if anyone is looking for a 'higher-end' deck...pick up the Kenwood. 

I know have to try and get JVC to replace this deck thru warranty. 

Originally Posted by MC OTAKU

which decks work with the iphone 4??
do any kenwood dnx work? or alpine
don't think any will fully work with the 4 yet until an update

the alpine w900 is pretty nice though

Originally Posted by JCMRocaFella

i found these 2 10" JL Audio Subs for $150
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/ele/1846321974.html

i just bought a 97 Civic with stock speakers and decent Alpine deck, not too sure what model
 things.Im not looking for some sound that"ll get ATTENTION just something not too exaggerating

thanks in advance.
cool subs...***$%! box

yo mmn

currently gotta type x 12 solo, in a ported box

looking for more of a heavy hit when the bass kicks in

should i cop another type x, so i have 2? will that make a difference?

i love the sound quality of the type x's

kinda sucks cause my trunk is connected with the inside of my car so there isnt the bang coming thru

the trunk, but the inside of the car is filled with bass, if u get what im saying?

thanks

i forgot you gave me the specs tho, tuned to 32, 2.0 cubic i believe, i gotta lot of trunk space, wouldnt mind adding a sub an getin a dual box

i dunno how to explain it, im fine with the actual quality

i just want it to hit harder, feel the air punch me a lil more

Time for diff subs then

Those are sq subs and for what they are they get loud, but that's not what they're meant for.

fi btl or ssa xcon is what you're looking for.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by MC OTAKU

which decks work with the iphone 4??
do any kenwood dnx work? or alpine
don't think any will fully work with the 4 yet until an update

the alpine w900 is pretty nice though

Originally Posted by JCMRocaFella

i found these 2 10" JL Audio Subs for $150
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/ele/1846321974.html

i just bought a 97 Civic with stock speakers and decent Alpine deck, not too sure what model
 things.Im not looking for some sound that"ll get ATTENTION just something not too exaggerating

thanks in advance.
cool subs...***$%! box
when i check out these subs what should i look for to see how the subs are?

To mmn, I'm in a moment of debating,

if I were to swap my type x 12 for a fi btl 12

flat out would I notice a difference in spl?

Also does the fi btl work well in a ported box?

Lastly, is the btl the best out of the fi line?

U recommend that one the most I notice...

Looking into some new subs, so are these FI BTL the best on the market given a proper box and powered correctly?

I ended up getting FI subs in the end, got 2 new SSD 10"

It was awesome I got to go down to their warehouse and check out their whole setup and pick my dustcap colors - the whole operation they have going on over there is serious. I'm super impressed and can't wait to hear how these new subs are gonna sound =)

I'm a complete noob when it comes to these things so just bear with me here:

I want a sub for my car. I pretty much understood what needs to be put in order for it to work. Now, since I got a leased car (through a family member, who's very anal about my lease), I want it to be concealed. I just want a little kick, nothing too loud. I also want to just use my factory deck for less complications.

Questions:

1. is there anyway to plug and unplug the sub from its wire connections?
2. best way to conceal a sub? I know somehow it'll be noticed since it'll be a 10'' sub in a box

thank you.

How much should I pay to have a head unit and the stock door speakers installed in a 03 Tahoe.

I already have the parts I just need somebody to put them in. About what should I pay?

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

How much should I pay to have a head unit and the stock door speakers installed in a 03 Tahoe.

I already have the parts I just need somebody to put them in. About what should I pay?
100-200

Back
Top Bottom