OFFICIAL CHEF/COOKS THREAD... VOL I wish these pics were scratch and sniff.

laugh.gif
Thanks man.

Here's the recipe, if anyone cares.

Spoiler [+]
I was reading one clean recipe, and was reading the BB post your protein pancakes, and tried to take out what I envisioned would work from all the posts and made my own mishmash from it haha

1cup Buckwheat Flour
1/2C Oats
1TSP Vanilla Extract
1TSP Baking Powder
1TSP Cinnamon
2TBSP Flax
1C Whole Wheat Flour
2C Almond Milk
5oz Water
1TBSP raw sugar
I've had some issues with whey so I just bought a couple tubs of Soy Protein. 1 scoop of that.

I pulsed everything a few times before letting the blender go until smooth. I used Olive Oil spray , and tossed em into the toaster oven on "warm" as churned out the rest. I was happy with the result, but could probably stand to add a bit more water and halve the cinnamon.
It yields six cakes, but I could've added a few more oz water to make it go further IMHO. Hope this helps someone
smile.gif

Something I whipped up the other day
nl4axk.jpg

Saute'ed some chicken and onions, then tossed in some cut up tomatoes at the end. Diced up some culantro and matched it with some rice and guac 

Came out 
pimp.gif

Something I whipped up the other day
nl4axk.jpg

Saute'ed some chicken and onions, then tossed in some cut up tomatoes at the end. Diced up some culantro and matched it with some rice and guac 

Came out 
pimp.gif

Just marinated some pork loin chops, smelled delicious lets see how it comes out. Will post pics when cooked later today.
Marinate: Serving for 2 people

1/4 cup of water

1/8 cup of light soy sauce

1/8 cup of vegetable oil

1 tablespoon of lemon pepper seasoning 

2/3 garlic cloves, minced

2 pork loin chops, fat removed.

Mix all of above in a deep bowl and let it sit for at least 2 hours. After remove from bowl and throw on grill. (med high) 5-7 min on each side. depending on thickness of pork loins.

Just marinated some pork loin chops, smelled delicious lets see how it comes out. Will post pics when cooked later today.

1/4 cup of water

1/8 cup of vegetable oil

Mix all of above in a deep bowl and let it sit for at least 2 hours. After remove from bowl and throw on grill. (med high) 5-7 min on each side. depending on thickness of pork loins.

who was the one that posted up that Trinidadian chicken recipe? MPLS? Whoever it was, thanks.

mine turned out average (at best) but I think I know what I can do to make it a lot better the 2nd time around. I also opted to add in some potatoes, carrots, and some sliced jalapenos. I think the potatoes really helped. I served mine with a side of black beans and some mofongo. Anyone know how to make mofongo without it being dry? I thought I was fairly liberal with the olive oil yet it still was a tad dryer than i liked it. Maybe it was because I went with chiccharones instead of the denser pork cracklin.

I tried my first run at an oxtail ragu the same weekend and it turned out a bit better than my mofongo/stewed chicken. The problem with the oxtail is that it became a whole day ordeal. I dont mess with oxtail that much, but whoever said that you can get it fall of the bone soft in 2-3 hrs is a damn liar. I swear I was lettin that thing cook for ATLEAST 8 hrs from start to finish. Definitely a labor of love.

who was the one that posted up that Trinidadian chicken recipe? MPLS? Whoever it was, thanks.

mine turned out average (at best) but I think I know what I can do to make it a lot better the 2nd time around. I also opted to add in some potatoes, carrots, and some sliced jalapenos. I think the potatoes really helped. I served mine with a side of black beans and some mofongo. Anyone know how to make mofongo without it being dry? I thought I was fairly liberal with the olive oil yet it still was a tad dryer than i liked it. Maybe it was because I went with chiccharones instead of the denser pork cracklin.

I tried my first run at an oxtail ragu the same weekend and it turned out a bit better than my mofongo/stewed chicken. The problem with the oxtail is that it became a whole day ordeal. I dont mess with oxtail that much, but whoever said that you can get it fall of the bone soft in 2-3 hrs is a damn liar. I swear I was lettin that thing cook for ATLEAST 8 hrs from start to finish. Definitely a labor of love.

yeah that was me, i add a gang of habaneros to mine and yeah it NEEDS potatos.  there's alot of flavor for them to absorb.

some marlin

I've been eating out way too much.. especially in the month of April..

I need to start cooking again..

Originally Posted by sage909

1/4 cup of water

1/8 cup of vegetable oil

Here is how my pork loin chops came out.

Untitled by J_Perdomo, on Flickr

Untitled by J_Perdomo, on Flickr

I need to start taking pics of foods I cook. Anyone have any pics of stuff they put together this Memorial Day?

Forgot to post my 20 dollar grill
laugh.gif
it's all cast iron though and does work. Way better than a kettle grill.

Just some shrimp in a Cajun seasoning I made and some tilapia w/ salt pepper olive oil etc

Originally Posted by imthekang

thats whats up^..........i need to invest in one of those as a starter grill.....
it's all you need bro, no need to upgrade.  they make a bigger model too.  i can still fit about 20 chicken thighs on mine though.  i'm going to build a smoker this year.  i'm getting real deep into soul food/ carribean since i cook at a creole/ carribean restaurant.

i forgot to say this marinade is essential for grilling, mojo is easy to make, but for 2 bucks you can have cuban pork chops all night.
pimp.gif
i love goya products.

goya-mojo-marinade.jpg

i made this other thread a while ago... my traeger... it uses wood chips, i have apple wood in there now...
2llk5ki.jpg

before i turn up the heat to get color and a little burned taste
i2mv4j.jpg

my 2nd brisket
359fztt.jpg

6hours in
1z683lf.jpg

2z8tijq.jpg

bacon wrapped asparagus
2d7eats.jpg

oh.. is it me or that i just never really eat first when i cook... usually when i get done cooking i grab a beer/drink and ask people how it taste.. that is more of a satisfaction for me since i have been cooking (at home for people ) for a while now.. i usually wait til people get done, i will grab a small plate then continue to drink...
or maybe im just not a fan of my own cooking and like seeing people enjoy what i cook more...

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

oh.. is it me or that i just never really eat first when i cook... usually when i get done cooking i grab a beer/drink and ask people how it taste.. that is more of a satisfaction for me since i have been cooking (at home for people ) for a while now.. i usually wait til people get done, i will grab a small plate then continue to drink...
or maybe im just not a fan of my own cooking and like seeing people enjoy what i cook more...

laugh.gif
    lol.....my boy does the same thing....im always telling him,"sit down man, get a plate and enjoy it like the rest of us.....Can I get some more though?"

Back
Top Bottom