OFFICIAL CHEF/COOKS THREAD... VOL I wish these pics were scratch and sniff.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

i made this other thread a while ago... my traeger... it uses wood chips, i have apple wood in there now...
2llk5ki.jpg

before i turn up the heat to get color and a little burned taste
i2mv4j.jpg

my 2nd brisket
359fztt.jpg

6hours in
1z683lf.jpg

2z8tijq.jpg

bacon wrapped asparagus
2d7eats.jpg
putting in work, sir!
pimp.gif

oh.. is it me or that i just never really eat first when i cook... usually when i get done cooking i grab a beer/drink and ask people how it taste.. that is more of a satisfaction for me since i have been cooking (at home for people ) for a while now.. i usually wait til people get done, i will grab a small plate then continue to drink...
or maybe im just not a fan of my own cooking and like seeing people enjoy what i cook more...

Real life! Its so hard to eat when you're done cooking/grilling. It's like I'm full off the process and the smells (if that makes sense!) 
laugh.gif

I grilled for a group of folks for the 1st time a few weeks ago and I was the same way. I wasn't really hungry after I was done. I just wanted to make sure everyone else was aight.

I never eat when I throw a cookout. My girl always puts me a plate up tho. No matter how hungry I am before hand, my appetite always goes away when I get on the grill and start cooking

Originally Posted by tee eye ehm

oh.. is it me or that i just never really eat first when i cook... usually when i get done cooking i grab a beer/drink and ask people how it taste.. that is more of a satisfaction for me since i have been cooking (at home for people ) for a while now.. i usually wait til people get done, i will grab a small plate then continue to drink...
or maybe im just not a fan of my own cooking and like seeing people enjoy what i cook more...

Real life! Its so hard to eat when you're done cooking/grilling. It's like I'm full off the process and the smells (if that makes sense!) 
laugh.gif
yeah... and your still nibbling of some of the burned crispy goodness that gets stuck to the grill... i made some pulled pork once, put it on at 2am, cooked all damn day, forgot to eat anything, took a couple shots and some beers and i was out for the count
laugh.gif
.. even missed out on the ufc fight i ordered....

Haha yup. I cook all day at work and eat a bowl of rice and 3 chips for dinner and work but have like 5 drinks. For me though I'm just not that hungry since I steady snack through the shift. I just want beer once it's clean up time.

Made some Shrimp w/ Pasta..with tomatoes, spinach, garlic in a white wine sauce...and crumbled feta on top
c492508eb56d48785ff1ac4b9e97cb37e35c66a.jpg

i made this other thread a while ago... my traeger... it uses wood chips, i have apple wood in there now...
i2mv4j.jpg

my 2nd brisket

6hours in
1z683lf.jpg

2z8tijq.jpg

bacon wrapped asparagus
2d7eats.jpg

i came

tried to make some pancakes with fruit in it

seen pics of it b4...

so i figured its easy..

lemme try..

DaulCakes

2u5xezt.jpg

2nlfpk6.jpg

i made worlds first ever Scrambled pancakes. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DaulDierce

oh i was high as f when i did that btw.. dont what went through my head.

roll.gif
did you eat it? was it good? i have been wanting to make orange pancakes

Something I will be attempting to do off the top of my head.

I am going to try and make a ground turkey chorizo.
Add chili powder, cumin, coriander, black pepper, little salt, cayenne pepper to ground turkey. Now you can put that into a chili or you can make some lose meat sandwiches. #Roseanne

And I want to make some black bean + ground turkey burgers.
Mash the black beans and mix in carmelized onions + ground turkey. Make your burgers as normal.

Yeah you don't need to case your sausage. It's easy to do either way but yeah all you do is mix the spices with the meat and boom sausage.

Charred a few up before I got the vents dialed in. Dat charcoal
pimp.gif
. Jerk chicken and catfish.

In the future try to move away from canned beans to dry beans.

I am cooking up another storm today. I enjoy doing this on Sundays.

Pinto Beans
String Beans
Sweet Potatoes (Diced and boiled. Seasoning with ground ginger/cinnamon/nutmeg)
Baked Salmon (Seasoned with Lime Juice, Mrs. Dash, Black Pepper, Ceyenne Pepper)
Brown Rice (Cooked in the Pinto Bean juice)

I will say this. Folks, NEVER waste broth. If you cook something that gives you juice, you need to re-cook with that juice or drink it. It shouldn't be wasted.

You can freeze broth and reuse at a later date. For example, I just made some string beans, I am going to freeze that juice and use it for a future bean project.

There is never a reason to waste broth man.

Charred a few up before I got the vents dialed in. Dat charcoal
pimp.gif
. Jerk chicken and catfish.
Please explain the process of jerking your chicken. :lol: (I know)

Do you use a jerk powder or liquid. What is the process? What brand do you use. Etc. Tell me everything man.,

Looks good!

let me put you onto some greatness. love this dudes youtube channel. i've tried alot of jerk marinades before i got it right. his is by far the best i have tried. i have marinated it for 5 hours, a few times. do yourself a favor and give it 24 hours. it has so much more taste. after that i just throw it on the grill. it would be good any way you cooked it but i like the smoke on it. you can throw a can of allspice berries on the grill too for additional smoke. closest thing i can get to pimento wood here, which is what traditional jerk is smoked with.

http://caribbeanpot.com/a-classic-jamaican-jerk-marinade/

Back
Top Bottom