Official: Chicago Bulls Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

Thats the thing though, if he signs an extension as a condition to the trade, Bulls don't get shanked. We simply have to hope that he stays healthy.

Again, I say that bailing on Tyrus Thomas and Kirk is a mistake. Tyrus is 5 years younger and has improved every year in the league. He also is not an injury concern. He puts up more blocks than Boozer and can score. But I guess the Bulls will screw it up and let him go for nothing in a year.
No...

Clear cap space for 2010. Someone will want to play alongside ROSE.

The goal is to build a championship contender and ultimately win it, not be a decent-to-good team.

And NO, tyrus thomas cannot consistently score. He has atrocious basketball IQ. And hinrich is a waste of money for what he's getting paid when wealready have Rose and he'd only serve as his back-up. He is not a shooting guard, and Salmons should be the SG anyways.

It'd be nice to get bayless in the deal, but either way I'm fine with it if it happens.

And if we could move Deng's contract, we would have already...

pax was an atrocious GM...

so, if you guys can get rid of deng, then what. would you resign salmons to fill his role? he's getting old.
i mean, i understand moving his contract and all, but deng is def. reliable, he's just overpaid.
hinrich is a great backup, but as well overpaid, and TT is going to want some big bucks once his (rookie??) contract ends.
boozer is a good trade, but no extension should be given imo. let him prove yourself. this team has a lot of concerns.
what happens next year, when miller, salmons, and a few others contract ends? do you resign, or do you pick up someone younger?

Originally Posted by SleepyBlueDemon

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

Thats the thing though, if he signs an extension as a condition to the trade, Bulls don't get shanked. We simply have to hope that he stays healthy.

Again, I say that bailing on Tyrus Thomas and Kirk is a mistake. Tyrus is 5 years younger and has improved every year in the league. He also is not an injury concern. He puts up more blocks than Boozer and can score. But I guess the Bulls will screw it up and let him go for nothing in a year.
No...

Clear cap space for 2010. Someone will want to play alongside ROSE.

The goal is to build a championship contender and ultimately win it, not be a decent-to-good team.

And NO, tyrus thomas cannot consistently score. He has atrocious basketball IQ. And hinrich is a waste of money for what he's getting paid when we already have Rose and he'd only serve as his back-up. He is not a shooting guard, and Salmons should be the SG anyways.

It'd be nice to get bayless in the deal, but either way I'm fine with it if it happens.

And if we could move Deng's contract, we would have already...

pax was an atrocious GM...

QFT ON EVERYTHING

Bulls Waive Anthony Roberson
moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png

Roberson_Anthony_nyk.jpg

Jul 20, 2009 12:49 PM EST
The Chicago Bulls announced on Monday that the team has waived guard Anthony Roberson. Roberson (6-2, 195), joined the Bulls on Feb. 19, 2009 in a four-player trade with the New York Knicks. In six regular season games with Chicago last season, he averaged 2.0 ppg in 3.8 mpg.

Via Press Release

boozer deal has probably fallen through. as a team right now and with the elite eastern teams improving this summer we're not getting closer to achampionship. sure you could say we'll improve just off of last seasons progress but we still lost ben gordons scoring and we have no post scorer somethingthat's been lacking since eddy "cheeseburger" curry left to new york. if trade talks did resume, i would say boozer and bayless deal would besolid. boozer would be able to replace gordon's scoring and giving us an inside presence and bayless would still be able to back up rose or maybe even beour future 2 guard. and a drose/boozer combination would be a better looking prospect so someone like dwade or chris bosh rather than just drose being the onlystar on the team alone.

I don't want Tyrus Thomas to go .

^Me neither. Free Money is young and learning. Once he can get blocks and rebounds on a consistent basis
eek.gif
what team wouldn't want that? Bulls need to quit trying to land a 30 ppg guyand keep building a team. Everybody on a winning squad plays a role including whoever is scoring on that given night.

how long have we been "building a team" for tho? enough is enough at some point

TT just doesnt get IT and i dont think he ever will. then you add in him and noah are both NBA PF noah is just playing out of postion cause we had no center

we been mising someone that can score night in and night out since brand left and if boozer is on the market and all we have to give up is hinrich and TT thendo the trade NOW

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

TT just doesnt get IT and i dont think he ever will. then you add in him and noah are both NBA PF noah is just playing out of postion cause we had no center

we been mising someone that can score night in and night out since brand left and if boozer is on the market and all we have to give up is hinrich and TT then do the trade NOW
I would cut Noah before I cut TT .
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

we been mising someone that can score night in and night out since brand left and if boozer is on the market and all we have to give up is hinrich and TT then do the trade NOW
frown.gif

Cut Noah before you would cut Tyrus? Im sorry to do this to a fellow bulls fan but
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by 6demonbag

frown.gif

Cut Noah before you would cut Tyrus? Im sorry to do this to a fellow bulls fan but
indifferent.gif

I will second that stoneface

frown.gif

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

I'm a Tyrus Thomas head . Don't mind me .

I would like to keep T2, last season he began to turn the corner on decision making and shot selection. Dude is 22 and we have gone through the growing painswhy give him to someone else now, we already suffered through the inexperienced years and now that's he establishing himself on D and O we going to go andgive him to some other team so he can shine...

I'm not a big Boozer fan... 7 seasons in the league he's only completed 3 of them. Granted I expect him to have a big year since it's a contractyear... but the same could be said about T2.

TT has the potential to an all-star,but the bulls want to give him up for a greedy bum thats always hurt.

frown.gif

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Tyrus Thomas is the truth. He's better than Aldridge. Yeah I said it.

Pump the brakes...

I support Chicago Bulls - Orlando Magic - Washington ******** - New York Knicks
How is that even possible to support 3 teams in the same conference even worse than that the Bulls AND the Knicks
frown.gif

Your credibility in this thread and any Bulls or Knicks thread just went out the window...
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Drama23

frown.gif

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

vi3de.gif

Come on SB, you know the kid has talent. Whether he applies that talent on a nightly basis is his problem area. That could be said for Boozer if you count hisinjury history. I'm just tired of the Bulls grooming players like we are a farm team. Reisendorf made no sense in his interview when asked if he mindedlosing Gordon for nothing in return. I believe Tyrus will become a better player. As I said in a previous post, he has improved every year. Also take intoaccount the two years with Skiles and then a rookie head coach. IMO it would be a mistake to give up on him, especially since the Bulls are willing to mail ina year.

Originally Posted by Drama23

1) Tyrus Thomas is the truth. He's better than Aldridge. Yeah I said it.

2) I support Chicago Bulls - Orlando Magic - Washington ******** - New York Knicks

1) You're wrong, point blank period.

2) This is not possible. PLEASE REFRAIN FROM COMMENTING FURTHER.

He's going into his FOURTH season. At a certain point you have to realize he's not a basketball player and he's not going to learn it anytimesoon.

Okay, for the sake of arguement, lets say he does improve in his fourth season....is he going to justify being taken 2nd overall??

ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Tyrus Thomas ain't no good and the sooner we all accept that fact...the faster we can move on

it took me 2 years to get on board with that but i saw the light
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom