Official: Chicago Bulls Offseason Thread

not signing ben gordon is the dumbest thing they can do.. luol deng was a good player last year.. but he's not better than ben gordon and with the additionof john salmons, he has to go.. cause hinrich will back up rose and gordon will back up salmons, or become the 2 guard and let salmons slide over to the 3

not signing ben gordon is the dumbest thing they can do.. luol deng was a good player last year.. but he's not better than ben gordon and with the additionof john salmons, he has to go.. cause hinrich will back up rose and gordon will back up salmons, or become the 2 guard and let salmons slide over to the 3

Originally Posted by TheYoungestGun

not signing ben gordon is the dumbest thing they can do.. luol deng was a good player last year.. but he's not better than ben gordon and with the addition of john salmons, he has to go.. cause hinrich will back up rose and gordon will back up salmons, or become the 2 guard and let salmons slide over to the 3
If Gordon would back up Salmons at the 2 I'd say resign him but he won't. Gordon is too selfish and I think the future is brighter without him...unless the price is right.

I'm mad that we lost to the celts today but i guess i have something to look forward to, our future. BG is nice but he is unreliable at the defensive end.I say resign him, trade him along with other players or picks to try and get a superstar bigman

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

theres a few teams about to make a run to get him off Tor this offseason with the Pistons being at the top of the list.....and whoever gets him, that team's fanbase will ultimately
grin.gif
, cuz you not winning no championship with Chris Bosh. "Franchise" players dont lead their teams to a 20-30 win season in a weak conference (who command max money at that)... I dont give a damn who he playing with, that aint supposed to happen.

Eh, I don't necessarily agree with that. Wade last year, T-Mac with Orlando, Paul Pierce AND Antoine Walker together with the Celtics back in the day.....

The problems with the Raptors go beyond just Bosh.

I DO agree that he's not someone I'd want to build around though. More of a complimentary piece instead of the guy who you can ride to a chip.

i few things

- im not sure what to think about vinny, he pissed me off at times idk if we should expect it from a 1st time HC or it shows he just doesnt have it. im 50/50on the fence with him

- i will always be a BG fan but he has got to, he is a black hole on offense and will stunt Drose Growth, i cant take a full year of 2 ball hogs in salmons andBG both on the team

-Free money work on that jump shot

- make sure deng has heart surgey nothing more needs to be said about that

-noah and TT need to raise there bball IQ

-Rose SHOOT and SHOOT and SHOOT jumpers all *%%*#++ summer, i better not see this fool in one picture partying this summer

i will add more in the morning

I must say Jokim Noah officially got the "bust" off his name dude played amazing during the playoffs. Get rid of Salmos/BG/Deng.

I'm in favor of letting BG walk. It's just so hard to watch the offense completely stop when he gets the ball, it's like everyone just stopsmoving because they know he's going to shoot
tired.gif

With Rose running the point, I can see tons of ball movement going on after he penetrates, and with no BG to stop the offense.

Going to miss his shooting, but I think we'll be better off without him.

Eh, I don't necessarily agree with that. Wade last year, T-Mac with Orlando, Paul Pierce AND Antoine Walker together with the Celtics back in the day.....

The problems with the Raptors go beyond just Bosh.

I DO agree that he's not someone I'd want to build around though. More of a complimentary piece instead of the guy who you can ride to a chip.

Wade was injured last year, T-Mac is self-explanatory, Antoine Walker lol. I def dont think he's the 'problem', but I mean, was there really anydifference between Miami and Tor roster this year?

We on the same level tho, thats pretty much what I was tryna say, you not going anywhere if thats who you build around. But the Pistons (and others) are goingafter him as their superstar peice, thats not who he is (more Pau Gasol-like). You build a team around dude, at best, your a 45-50 win team and out somewherein the first 2 rounds. Thats not enough for a max-deal player "franchise" player, which is how dude is looked at.

I do like him on the Bulls tho now I think about it, a scoring big is exactly who they need.

One of the problems BG does what he does is because not alot of plays are ran for him, Del Negro seems to be a big fan of isolation either with Rose, BG, orSalmons, he does NOT know how plays work.......so sometimes the players are out in the battlefield by themselves. Coaching is horrible.

Rose SHOOT and SHOOT and SHOOT jumpers all *%%*#++ summer, i better not see this fool in one picture partying this summer
u talk like he doesnt already have a decent j
laugh.gif

anyway id like to see derrick work on his ballhandling and passing more..too many turnovers being careless with the ball. and work on defensive stances andfootwork. hes athletic enough to keep anyone in the league in front of him, he jus needs to learn how to do it.

ive never liked ben gordon even with his amazing shots. he can go all i care..we need a legit taller shotmaker than create his own shot and able to play the 2.i couldnt stand seein ben and salmons dribble dribble dribble..then turnover!..everytime.

someone had a great idea in bringin in a big man coach..that wont happen its too much like right
laugh.gif

as far as coaching goes..i dunno i think vinny has won over pax..so hell prolly be here for as long as derrick is here.

BG should be resigned, but i agree, he does create too many liabilities. this was def the greatest series by far, thanks bulls!
a few things i should add, even though you guys got it covered:
1. coaching. enough said.
2. drose def. needs to work on his ball handing. those careless TO's really hurt.
3. deng is def. a great player, but his contract is a big no no. it creates little flexibility, which the bulls need for a legit center. (salmons can takedengs place at the 3)
4. Tyrus needs to stay. he has so much potential with his shotblocking ability. i remember when everyone said "bust"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

5. i never knew noah was this good. he plays with heart, and does the dirtywork cleaning up boards and etc.
6. ive got mixed feelings about b.miller. he has a great court vision for a big man, but eh.
7. you guys got such a big rotation, with many more players sitting on the bench doing nothing. you guys need to find a way to either trade em for draft picks,or if they got a short contract, trade em for a role player. these days, everyone is looking for short contracts to save some $$.
ill come up with more later, but ill see how other real bull fans respond to my commetns first.

Originally Posted by morningstar7777

One of the problems BG does what he does is because not alot of plays are ran for him, Del Negro seems to be a big fan of isolation either with Rose, BG, or Salmons, he does NOT know how plays work.......so sometimes the players are out in the battlefield by themselves. Coaching is horrible.

Are you blind??? Did you not see the countless times Pooh just sat at the top of the key waiting and watching Ben run off screen after screen to pass him theball? If anything tooooooooo many plays were ran for him. Vinny even stated that the 1st plays of the game were designed to get him a shot. Countless timeshe has stopped the flow of the game jus to get him a shot
smh.gif
We need a two who can get us buckets while being a part of the offense as well as play somedefense. All things that Ben can not and will not do. I would love to have him if we could resign him at 7 bringing him off the bench to let him go facegetting as many buckets as he can. Thats the ideal role for him

Salmons needs to move over to the 2 allowing Luol to come in at the 3... I'm fairly certain they can co-exist with each other seeing as tho Luol scoresmostly off slashing and catch and shoots while John does most of his work off of the bounce, it could definitely work

I need Pooh to work on his defensive footwork and his decision making process. A lot of his turnovers were unforced, creating for others and trying to do tomuch. If he can do that and continue to develope that J while adding some range... PROBLEMS.

Vinny isn't an X and O guy nor is he a good developer of talent or manager of the game... forget all that 1st yr head coach, we need someone who can giveus an edge, some balls so to speak. I'm supportive of that Lambier option.

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

1 word . 2 words .

Chris Bosh .
theres a few teams about to make a run to get him off Tor this offseason with the Pistons being at the top of the list.....and whoever gets him, that team's fanbase will ultimately
grin.gif
, cuz you not winning no championship with Chris Bosh. "Franchise" players dont lead their teams to a 20-30 win season in a weak conference (who command max money at that)... I dont give a damn who he playing with, that aint supposed to happen.

We just need somebody down there who is a legit presence... He doesn't need to be THE man, he can share that with role and pressure with Pooh, togetherthey can be a hell of a 1-2 punch. If he can give us 25-29ppg and 11rebs while playing some defense, we will be a legit title contender if they geltogether.under the right leadership. The leadership is critical.

Originally Posted by AirGordon10

Originally Posted by CurtisCarter23

MANAGEMENT SHOULD DO EVERYTHING IN THEIR POWERS TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

Huh?

This ain't Summer '07
Its summer '09 and he can opt out after this season. Why wouldnt some of you guys want kobe? he would make everyone on this team A LOT better!

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by morningstar7777

One of the problems BG does what he does is because not alot of plays are ran for him, Del Negro seems to be a big fan of isolation either with Rose, BG, or Salmons, he does NOT know how plays work.......so sometimes the players are out in the battlefield by themselves. Coaching is horrible.

Are you blind??? Did you not see the countless times Pooh just sat at the top of the key waiting and watching Ben run off screen after screen to pass him the ball? If anything tooooooooo many plays were ran for him. Vinny even stated that the 1st plays of the game were designed to get him a shot. Countless times he has stopped the flow of the game jus to get him a shot
smh.gif
We need a two who can get us buckets while being a part of the offense as well as play some defense. All things that Ben can not and will not do. I would love to have him if we could resign him at 7 bringing him off the bench to let him go face getting as many buckets as he can. Thats the ideal role for him

Salmons needs to move over to the 2 allowing Luol to come in at the 3... I'm fairly certain they can co-exist with each other seeing as tho Luol scores mostly off slashing and catch and shoots while John does most of his work off of the bounce, it could definitely work

I need Pooh to work on his defensive footwork and his decision making process. A lot of his turnovers were unforced, creating for others and trying to do to much. If he can do that and continue to develope that J while adding some range... PROBLEMS.

Vinny isn't an X and O guy nor is he a good developer of talent or manager of the game... forget all that 1st yr head coach, we need someone who can give us an edge, some balls so to speak. I'm supportive of that Lambier option.
QFT!

laugh.gif

and yea Cake, thats what I said in that other post. I like him on the�Bulls, seem like the best fit for him. Yall aint gon�progress further w/o a�scoringbig.

Originally Posted by coolgy023

I'm in favor of letting BG walk. It's just so hard to watch the offense completely stop when he gets the ball, it's like everyone just stops moving because they know he's going to shoot
tired.gif

i agree...let BG go...dude dribbles way too much...he plays so selfish...yeah, he can score...but he isnt that consistent when it comes to scoring...he isalways turning the ball over

Chi ILL wrote:

We can get rid of Gray, Tim Thomas, Johnson ... we have a whole bench that doesn't play .
smh.gif

Thats because theyre on the bench. Duh.

Every team needs players on the bench who dont get a lot of minutes, but still understand the system and how its run.

Any team that goes more than 9 deep with significant minutes is a team that wont win.

Originally Posted by AirGordon10

MANAGEMENT SHOULD DO EVERYTHING IN THEIR POWERS TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

Huh?

This ain't Summer '07
Its summer '09 and he can opt out after this season. Why wouldnt some of you guys want kobe? he would make everyone on this team A LOT better!

grin.gif
What?

He is on the brink of a championship with the Lakers and they have a team built to succeed in the future.

Why would he put himself in a lesser position?
grin.gif

No one would be ON the team for him to make better.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom