Official: Chicago Bulls Offseason Thread

-The Chicago Bulls are reportedly heavily shopping Tyrus Thomas around the league, trying to see what kind of value they can get for him after the solid season he's coming off of. It appears that they don't see him fitting into their long-term plans as he's too similar to Joakim Noah, and they aren't interested in giving him a long-term deal that would put them over the luxury tax. It's possible the Bulls look to package Thomas and Hinrich together and land a big time power forward.

if we didnt resign deng to that stupid %@# contract last year i would be all for giving BG a fair market deal and keeping him around. if he isasking for 50-60 million then dude got to kick rocks. we are in postion to have GOOD cap room in 2010 to either get a big man(bosh or Amare) or try and bringwade home, if we resign BG we kill are cap space for that

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

-The Chicago Bulls are reportedly heavily shopping Tyrus Thomas around the league, trying to see what kind of value they can get for him after the solid season he's coming off of. It appears that they don't see him fitting into their long-term plans as he's too similar to Joakim Noah, and they aren't interested in giving him a long-term deal that would put them over the luxury tax. It's possible the Bulls look to package Thomas and Hinrich together and land a big time power forward.

if we didnt resign deng to that stupid %@# contract last year i would be all for giving BG a fair market deal and keeping him around. if he is asking for 50-60 million then dude got to kick rocks. we are in postion to have GOOD cap room in 2010 to either get a big man(bosh or Amare) or try and bring wade home, if we resign BG we kill are cap space for that
i don't really want to give up Hinrich. Trading Tyrus is okay with me because he has a really low IQ but Hinrich is a really good back up. Im all for bringing in Bosh or Amare along with Wade. But i would concentrate on getting a big man first. Drafting Terrence Williams would be great but ithink he will be drafted before

I do NOT want to get rid of Tyrus Thomas .

OR Hinrich .

indifferent.gif

What the hell is wrong with these people ?

But they won't give up Gordon ...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

I do NOT want to get rid of Tyrus Thomas .

OR Hinrich .

indifferent.gif

What the hell is wrong with these people ?

But they won't give up Gordon ...
smh.gif
Think 2010. As much as I'd like to keep Kirk, dude is definitely a starter in the league. As for as Ty goes, I wanna keep him. He'sfinally living up to some of his potential as our top pick.

i bring this up early in the season either this offseason or the next its going to come down to Noah or Thomas.. at this point im not sure which one i take

i bring this up early in the season either this offseason or the next its going to come down to Noah or Thomas.. at this point im not sure which one i take
if that's the case i would take thomas. His athleticism is incredible. He just needs someone to teach him fundamentals. Noah plays withenergy but he doesn't have Thomas' athleticism.

Originally Posted by AiRjOrDaN1217

if that's the case i would take thomas. His athleticism is incredible. He just needs someone to teach him fundamentals. Noah plays with energy but he doesn't have Thomas' athleticism.
The next season will be his 4th. How much longer do you wait to teach him FUNDAMENTALS? This is something he should be working on himself duringthe off season. I think he'll end up being another above average player that will never reach his potential because of lack of work ethic.

Originally Posted by goukiteg

if that's the case i would take thomas. His athleticism is incredible. He just needs someone to teach him fundamentals. Noah plays with energy but he doesn't have Thomas' athleticism.
The next season will be his 4th. How much longer do you wait to teach him FUNDAMENTALS? This is something he should be working on himself during the off season. I think he'll end up being another above average player that will never reach his potential because of lack of work ethic.

Bingo

I've let Tyrus' athleticism fool me year after year thinking this guy is eventually going to put it all together but he ain't

He is what he is and that's all he'll probably ever be.

Originally Posted by goukiteg

The next season will be his 4th. How much longer do you wait to teach him FUNDAMENTALS? This is something he should be working on himself during the off season. I think he'll end up being another above average player that will never reach his potential because of lack of work ethic.
Thomas never really had a mentor when it came to his fundamentals. Im talking about how Bynum has Kareem. Dwight has patrick. Tyrus doesn'thave anyone to teach him like that.

In preparation of NBA Draft 2009, the Chicago Bulls will conduct a series of draft prospect workouts beginning on Friday, May 22. This year's NBA Draft is scheduled to take place on Thursday, June 25.

Friday's on-court workouts will take place at the Berto Center. The workout schedule is as follows:

[table][tr][th=""]Player[/th] [th=""]Position[/th] [th=""]Height[/th] [th=""]Year/School[/th] [/tr][tr][td]Taj Gibson[/td] [td]Forward[/td] [td]6' 9"[/td] [td]Junior/Southern California[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mac Koshwal[/td] [td]Center[/td] [td]6' 10"[/td] [td]Sophomore/DePaul[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Leo Lyons[/td] [td]Forward[/td] [td]6' 9"[/td] [td]Senior/Missouri[/td] [/tr][tr][td]BJ Mullens[/td] [td]Center[/td] [td]7' 0"[/td] [td]Freshman/Ohio State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Luke Nevill[/td] [td]Center[/td] [td]7' 2"[/td] [td]Senior/Utah[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Scott Vandermeer[/td] [td]Center[/td] [td]7' 0"[/td] [td]Senior/Illinois-Chicago[/td] [/tr][/table]

Bulls are working out Mullens. I wonder if they would take him with the first or 2nd first round pick.

I we dont trade Kirk..Kirk off the bench is just as solid as any 6th man right now when he gets his minutes
Without a post player Bulls won't get anywhere sure they may be able to get past the 1st round next season since they will end up getting the 4th or 5thseed next season. a trade with Phoenix for Amare or try to trade for Bosh.

first i dont like any of those people we are working out, and second what about BG and one of our picks?

iight i stayed away from this thread cuz of that lose but im back

iight 1st off i only want BG to get signed if its apart of a sign and trade

deng better come back beastin or he can get his *%# shiped out of town by the deadline

ive always believed you take the best person available but got damn we need a Center
laugh.gif

why in the world are we working out anybody with a PF tag by they name
laugh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

and we better not draft a "project"

this class is weak but when can get atleast a half descent center with post moves already

if it ever comes down to TT or noah ill take TT everytime for a few reasons

noah will be a great off the bench back up center

TT has a much greater range which is the main reason id keep him you cant be playin 4 on 5 on O

but its hard to compare a C to a PF

but i dont think it will come to pickin one too keep niether of them is going to be askin for top dollar

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

How can you sign and trade BG when he's an unrestricted FA?

nerd.gif
Because if he finds a team he wants to go to, but they don't have the cap to sign him otright they can work out a sign and trade.

In just about every draft rumor, fans are speculating that their team will somehow land Bulls forward Tyrus Thomas. This is in part because Thomas has been rumored to be on the trading block for months now. But, according to Jason Fleming of Hoops World, Thomas is staying put. Fleming writes, "The word on the street is the Bulls will open contract extension talks with Thomas' agent this summer -- he is eligible for an extension that would kick in for the 2010-11 season this summer -- to keep him in Chicago. That's where Thomas wants to be and that's where the Bulls want him to be."

Bulls should stay away from Mullens dude is Aaron Gray vol.2, they really need to sign BG i see them as a viable contender for next year and the years to come,they just need to piece it together.

We all flash gang signs now and then.....don't mean we're in a gang....lol

Seeing Rose do that is no big deal.

Back
Top Bottom