Official: Chicago Bulls Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by w3stchicag0

I know but picking up a point at first pick would be a complete waste. How would Rose do as a SG?

Dwyane Wade is not a point guard.

Dwade is not a full time PG, he can play it some times but not full.

i dont see why yall wouldnt want shaq for 1 year, his 23 million comes off the book in 1 year and gives us GREAT cap space to go after another big men in the2010 FA class. we are missing a big man down low that can score having him for 1 year wont hurt this team

we dont have the money to sign hedo and i wouldnt want him anyways

laugh.gif
Going for Shaq is useless. We still need to figure the SG position out. We're set at the PG positions.

Shaq, Noah, Salmons, ?, Rose starting.

Miller, Hinrich off the bench.

Then you factor in two first round picks and free agency, and it's not a bad at all. Sets up a better future too.

Rose is gonna have to feed a lot of mouths (word to Nash) if they resign Gordon.
Rose
Gordon
Salmon
Shaq
Tyrus/Noah
Way too many mouths to feed and you know that Shaq isn't going to be happy with a few touches.

I like the move for several reasons

1) We get a "real center" for the year...I remember Shaq saying he would retire in '10.

2) We get rid Luol's contract for good. (didn't Tim Thomas end up in PHX last time he left the Bulls? that's wild!)

3) We would be $20 million+ under the cap in 2010 and could make a play for a SG and C/PF

4) If Shaq comes in ready to play (all games, back to back included) we would have a solid inside outside game.

This is a move that would bridge us to 2010 when we could then sign a big man that will be with the team long term. If healthy, this team would challenge Clefor Eastern Crown. Quote me on that come playoffs

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

derrick-rose-gang-signs.jpg

not even sure what that is probably some memphis gang
That is GD(Gangster Disciple) that D. Rose throwing up.
We all know that, but what is the other dude throwing up? I've never seen that in my life.
I wanna say Unknown Vice Lord

I would like the Shaq deal if he was that missing piece to win an Chip but bringing him in would just mess up our chemistry as a young team and we are stilllooking for our identity.

On the low though I wish we could hire Bill Laimbeer as an Asst. now.

I think we should just let BG go,get our Draft Picks, and work with what we have.And next year start working on getting Bosh even though I thought Amare wouldbe better,I just have a feeling he is going to NY with Nash and Bron.

Is it me or is the Eastern Conference about to be stacked again?

Deng for Shaq would be horrible for the Bulls. People don't realize how good Deng is when healthy. Shaq needs to go to a team where he can be the lastpiece, Chicago is not that team, they'd rely on him too much and he's not that Shaq anymore.

Originally Posted by besthandsInDM

Deng for Shaq would be horrible for the Bulls. People don't realize how good Deng is when healthy. Shaq needs to go to a team where he can be the last piece, Chicago is not that team, they'd rely on him too much and he's not that Shaq anymore.
ill start with this Salmon is cheap and just as good if not better then deng we over paid for him BIG TIME

let this be clear deng had a great year before signin that deal the bullas thought that he had started to realize wat he could do but he didnt he was justballin for the next pay day like so many others
smh.gif

this year our biggest problem was we didnt have a inside game at all we couldnt throw it down to noah and let him go to work

getting shaq even if only for a year would give us that AND tons of cap space

Interesting trade, but Dwade and Rose who would be point?

sick.gif
G i thought you was better then this
tired.gif

rose at the 1 wade at the 2
pimp.gif

Some of you have got to remember that Shaq can only help the development of team by teaching Noah. He will give us someone that can demand some double teamsand give the shooters more room. It is only a quick fix, but dumping Deng is reason enough to pull the trigger on this one. I hope Gar (Pax) gets it done.

I do question how would Vinny handle the rotation. That was a weakness for him last year and the Diesel would get in his face.

Originally Posted by CasperJr

Originally Posted by besthandsInDM

Deng for Shaq would be horrible for the Bulls. People don't realize how good Deng is when healthy. Shaq needs to go to a team where he can be the last piece, Chicago is not that team, they'd rely on him too much and he's not that Shaq anymore.
ill start with this Salmon is cheap and just as good if not better then deng we over paid for him BIG TIME

let this be clear deng had a great year before signin that deal the bullas thought that he had started to realize wat he could do but he didnt he was just ballin for the next pay day like so many others
smh.gif

this year our biggest problem was we didnt have a inside game at all we couldnt throw it down to noah and let him go to work

getting shaq even if only for a year would give us that AND tons of cap space
I disagree about Salmons vs. Deng. Deng is a more complete player, Salmons strictly as an offensive force I'd give the advantage but Deng tome is a better player and of course has far more potential. If they'd take Salmons, I'd be all over it.

Jun 17, 2009 6:57 AM EST

Gordon_Ben_chi.jpg
Ben Gordon's agent is reportedly telling people that his client has a guarantee from the Pistons.

The agent claims that Detroit has promised Gordon $11 million annually, which makes sense considering that the guard rejected $10 million and $9 million from Chicago in the previous two years.

There have been rumors that the Pistons are looking to trade Richard Hamilton, which has only accelerated the speculation that they are targeting Gordon.

For the Deng supporters that dont like the Shaq trade..understand that they put in a lot of work without him during the reg season and playoffs 2. hes makingthe kind of $$ you can pay an actual nba all star or someone better at the sf position i'd take a maggete or stephen jackson ot turkolu over deng ..whatsgonna happen when d.rose is up for a new contract your gonna wish Deng never got that big contract 3. Deng is not a game changer hes not gonna stretchdefenses, require double teams 4.Salmons is better than Deng ..If Salmons was healthier in the playoffs they would have beat the celtics 5.Bulls will never getout the 2nd round without a post player not saying Shaq is the answer but a one year run wouldnt hurt because 20 mil is off the books u still have your coreand u can make a run for Bosh or Amare in 2010

At this point, I'm not gonna bother worrying about speculation. Whatever happens happens.

I just want D-Wade in '010.

Originally Posted by AiRjOrDaN1217

Jun 17, 2009 6:57 AM EST

Gordon_Ben_chi.jpg
Ben Gordon's agent is reportedly telling people that his client has a guarantee from the Pistons.

The agent claims that Detroit has promised Gordon $11 million annually, which makes sense considering that the guard rejected $10 million and $9 million from Chicago in the previous two years.

There have been rumors that the Pistons are looking to trade Richard Hamilton, which has only accelerated the speculation that they are targeting Gordon.

Wow, that seems like a downgrade for the Pistons, defensively, if they were to replace Rip with BG.

Yeh I think Joe might be falling asleep at the wheel. Stuckey and Gordon would be an undersized backcourt with suspect D. So then they are only relying onmaxiell, prince and whoever they trade Rip for.

[h1]Bulls talking trade[/h1]
K.C. Johnson

The Bulls have talked to several teams ahead of them in next week's draft in an attempt to turn picks Nos. 16 and 26 into one selection, according to league sources. Several media outlets reported that one of the teams is New Jersey, but one league source said there have been talks with other teams.

The reason for this could be twofold. Not only might there be a player the Bulls want who they don't think will be available at No. 16, but they aren't crazy about adding two rookie salaries to their payroll as they continue to explore ways to clear money and possibly re-sign Ben Gordon.

Yahoo Sports first reported the Bulls are trying to shed injured Jerome James' expiring contract in an attempt to free up money for Gordon. Detroit is expected to make a major run at Gordon, an unrestricted free agent, on July 1.

The Bulls will continue their draft workout schedule at the Berto Center this weekend with 11 players visiting on Saturday and Sunday, including Louisville forward Earl Clark.

Article on ESPN CHICAGO by Scoop Jackson
http://sports.espn.go.com...son_scoop&id=4280776

"Entering the 2009 NBA draft, the Chicago Bulls need to create magic in order to become next year's version of the Orlando Magic (and maybe even nextyear's Lakers). To do this, they'll have to pull off seven semi-miracles.

The Bulls own the 16th and 26th picks Thursday night. But it's more complex than just whom they will pick. The Bulls must make serious -- but not drastic-- decisions on certain positions, players and strategies. Is it easier said than done? Of course. But it all starts with having a plan in place inside thedraft room Thursday. So, Chicago needs to have an ironclad, rock-solid, foolproof plan in effect. In other words, the Bulls can't afford to screw up thisdraft.

[+] EnlargeDeJuan Blair
Matthew Emmons/US PresswireDeJuan Blair's inside muscle is exactly what the Bulls need.

Here's my seven-point plan:

1. Draft DeJuan Blair with the 16th pick.
If the Pitt big man is available, this is the no-brainer of the entire draft (including the Clippers' picking Blake Griffin at No. 1 and the Knicks'picking Steph Curry at No.
glasses.gif
. Blair would be the perfect complement to everything Joakim Noah and Tyrus Thomas aren't inside. Blair is a force on theblock. Noah is a warrior, and Thomas is a potential All-Star. Together, they could create the best young, three-headed defensive monster in the NBA. Which, ifhandled with brilliance, could be the missing piece for Chicago to become the most feared team in the East.

2. Hire Charles Oakley as a special assistant to player development. For Blair to become the player the Bulls really need, he needs to learn how to play theNBA game the way it used to be played -- before the game went soft. He needs to learn from the sensei. The NBA today is full of players who want to be hard butplay like pampered soccer superstars. Under Oakley's tutelage, Blair could become the type of player whom people in the league don't want to go upagainst. He has all the physical tools, he just needs the right person to bring out the Maurice Lucas in his game. The second the Bulls draft Blair, Oakleyneeds to be on the payroll.

3. Use the 26th pick in one of these three options:
Option 1: Package No. 26 in a Ben Gordon sign-and-trade deal to be announced July 2.
Option 2: Package the pick in a Luol Deng deal that will be finalized by night's end.
Option 3: Simply select Wayne Ellington with the 26th pick.

[+] EnlargeBen Gordon
Gary Dineen/NBAE/Getty ImagesThe Bulls need to clear up the Ben Gordon situation ASAP.

4. Make an agreement with Gordon before Thursday for him to remain a Bull.
Technically, the Bulls can't offer BG anything before July 1. All the talk is that the Pistons will go at him hard. The Knicks are reportedly in the mix,too. As his first order of business, new Bulls GM Gar Forman needs to conduct a back-alley, off-the-record deal with Gordon, "persuading" him tostay. This needs to be done before the draft so that Chicago can enter Thursday with a sense of stability about its starting lineup.

5. Or make an arrangement with Gordon before draft day so that he agrees to a future sign-and-trade with Houston to get Tracy McGrady to replace him.
The Rockets have proven they might not be a "better" team without McGrady, but they play harder, win more and overachieve without him. The businessside of the game will hit the Rockets the same way it's about to hit the Bulls. It's never good business to lose a great player and have nothing toshow for it. T-Mac would be the perfect complement to Derrick Rose in veteran leadership, size and skill. Plus, the "chemistry" issue that McGradyhad to deal with in Houston would not exist in Chicago. And the Bulls don't lose more than 20 (very necessary!) points a night in the process.

6. At 10:20 p.m. ET, John Paxson needs to put the call in to Steve Kerr.
Pax: "Steve, hey it's me, Pax."

Kerr: "Hey. So you're calling about Amare, I figure."

Pax: "No. We had that conversation last season before you fired Terry [Porter]. I know you are trying to keep Amare, so I'm not even going to go downthat road with you."

Kerr: "Thanks, man. Because when I saw you name come up on the caller ID, I was skeptical about picking it up because I knew you were calling to try tomake a deal with Amare. So, what are you calling for, my friend?"

Pax: "I want to talk to you about Shaquille."

Kerr: "O'Neal?"

Pax: "Unless you have another one on your roster (laughs). See, I heard you say with all this talk about Shaq possibly going to the Cavs that youdidn't want to trade him for nothing. Well, I want to offer you something much more than nothing."

Kerr: "Who?"

Pax: "Luol."

Kerr: "You mean, Deng?"

Pax: "Unless there's another one on our roster that you might be interested in (laughs). Yes, Deng. John Salmons kinda threw a wrench in our plans. Wehad no idea he was going to be this good. So now we don't know what to do with Luol. He's too good to come off the bench, and Salmons is too good toplay behind him, and we really can't start both because it will create balance problems for our offense. Now, the way I see it, Deng would be the perfect 3for you to replace what you lost in Shawn Marion and Boris Diaw. He's a perfect complement to Amare, and he'll take pressure off Grant Hill to carrythe small forward position all season long. We'll also throw in Tim Thomas and around $3.5 million in cash."

Kerr: (Quiet)

Pax: "Steve, you still there? Steve?"

Kerr: "John … I'm gonna have to call you back. Stay by the phone. Don't move!"

7. Get everyone's ring size if you can make this the Bulls' 2009-10 roster:
Derrick Rose, Tracy McGrady or Ben Gordon, John Salmons, Tyrus Thomas, Shaquille O'Neal; with a bench of Kirk Hinrich, Joakim Noah, DeJuan Blair, WayneEllington, Brad Miller, Anthony Roberson and DeMarcus Nelson.

Like I said, "semi-miracles." But if between Paxson, Forman, owner Jerry Reinsdorf and a little friendly help from Kerr (think Danny Ainge/KevinMcHale in the Kevin Garnett deal), the Bulls can get creative with salary structure and not live in fear of the salary cap, miracles can happen.

Don't trip, it all really could happen."

Scoop Jackson is a columnist for ESPN.com and ESPNChicago.com.

Back
Top Bottom