Official Childish Gambino (Donald Glover from Community) Thread - Signs multiyear deal w/ Amazon and opts out of FX partnership

Dog....this **** is FIRE. Had zero clue what to expect going into this--I can honestly say I've never listened to any of his albums. I know this isn't his usual sound, but whatever the case, this **** is FIRE.

Then again, I love funk and all that 70's mashup music.

This right here.

Baby Boy though :smh: this album got me feeling like I'm back in my great grandmas living room watching that tv with the antenna on top.

Album is absolute fire besides California.

Production, mixes and transitions on here are all high level.

His voice is great in the right spots too, I like when he's more in the back than on songs like Zombies.

Definitely an artistic statement though, I'm not sure there is another guy doing exactly what he's doing from a creative standpoint when you look at his art through other mediums + his own progression in music.

Wasn't a fan of any of his earlier rap stuff until Because Of The Internet which had some great moments but this album is much more than I expected.

Last edited:
The messages contained within the funky *** music are the best damn part. Music of substance. I'm loving it so much I had to scoop a physical copy for the archives.

Redbone fire. Honestly this album is GREAT music. It's just not MY type of music. I can see my mom jamming this or something, still a fan. Hope he raps more

Lol wut

How is that dumb? I think Jimi Hendrix made great music but do I have his albums on repeat? No...it's not my type of music. **** are you talking about :lol:

Lol wut

How is that dumb? I think Jimi Hendrix made great music but do I have his albums on repeat? No...it's not my type of music. **** are you talking about :lol:

I agree with what you saying but plz dont use the REAL Hendrix as an example lol. Thanks

Nah man, you just have to like it just because. Never mind if its a genre that you just flat out dont rock with. You just gotta like this 1980s sounding old people music or else you have bad taste in music.

lol I do like it though. Just like I like al green, the temptations, etc. do I listen to their music like that? Sure when someone plays it, but go out of my way? Nah. But that's ok. Still quality work

Funk is not "1980's old people music", you showing a lot of ignorance with that statement.

You can not rock with funk (which I don't understand if you love music, hip hop specifically) but you need to respect the art form.

A lot of y'all showing how narrow your view is, I get not liking the direction he went but to try to **** on a genre that influenced your favorite music is foolish.

Still no, but you have bad taste in everything besides basketball so it doesn't surprise me.

Lol wut

I agree with what you saying but plz dont use the REAL Hendrix as an example lol. Thanks

Nah man, you just have to like it just because. Never mind if its a genre that you just flat out dont rock with. You just gotta like this 1980s sounding old people music or else you have bad taste in music.

I'm not saying it's dumb because you don't wanna listen To it. But because you said it's GReAT Music. Then proceeded to say you won't listen to it.

Huh?

I'm not saying it's dumb because you don't wanna listen To it. But because you said it's GReAT Music. Then proceeded to say you won't listen to it.

Huh?

Artistically it is a good album but other parts of the music he doesnt care for. I feel the same for most of the album too. Its not hard to comprehend honestly lol. Its not like he all out bashed it like Anti did lol

Back
Top Bottom