Official Childish Gambino (Donald Glover from Community) Thread - Signs multiyear deal w/ Amazon and opts out of FX partnership

I can't **** with this album. The beats are all pretty damn good, but he left way too much open space on the songs. It almost feels like an instrumental tape 

Last edited:
Antidope doesn't know **** about music I don't know why y'all even engage him anymore.

As a huge Parliament-Funkadelic head, I'm loving this album. Surprised me pleasantly.

Last edited:
Giving the new album a spin and I really like what I hear so far. He's on his Andre/Jimmy hendrix steez. This album puts me in a really good place.

Last edited:
Somebody needs to rap over the first 2 minutes of Me and your mama ... I could listen to that looped all day

Wish there were more songs like redbone on here

Last edited:
I've never listened to a full album from him, but this album is awesome! "Me and your mama" is a dope song it puts you at ease, punches you in the gut and then backs off smoothly.

Somebody needs to rap over the first 2 minutes of Me and your mama ... I could listen to that looped all day

Wish there were more songs like redbone on here
I just skip the first 2 minutes. Those two are the only decent songs on the album. Can anyone recommend some songs or artists that are in a similar style to those songs?

Last edited:
wil give it a few more spins but i can see why people are giving it mixed reviews.
Its a good listen...but forgettable. Completely agree with the dead space comment. A lot of long instrumental breaks...on every song it seems. His voice on California is just strange, cant really get with it.

I don't see myself coming back to this album after 2-3 spins through.

Finally gave it a listen and I love it.

Again I'd prefer if he would stick to rap, but I was surprised at how great this album sounded. I immediately wanted to relisten to it after finishing it. 

I do like the vibe of the album. It definitely reminds me of my pops favorite music; the P-Funk Funkadelic vibe. Nice switch up from what I expected.

Surprised by this album, the album jams.. prolly gonna place it in my top five for the year.

Terrified is the best cut on here too and California should have never made the cut

Everything else is wavy. Cant say im disappointed he didnt rap cuz I never have been that tied to him as a rapper.

I like this album the more i listen to it. Wasn't expecting this at all. I'm a fan of 70's funk and this reminds me a lot of Sly and the Family Stone. Can't even be mad that he's not rapping on this one. :pimp:

Last edited:
Surprised by this album, the album jams.. prolly gonna place it in my top five for the year.

Terrified is the best cut on here too and California should have never made the cut

Everything else is wavy. Cant say im disappointed he didnt rap cuz I never have been that tied to him as a rapper.

You're not lying about Terrified. Joint had me sliding on freeway last weekend.

smokin.gif

Last edited:
Never been a fan of Gambino, but this album is solid. Straight classic funk right here. I may review his older music.

Redbone is straight heat. Sometimes I wish I could know how dudes come up with certain songs. Wonder what made dude hop in the booth and record this fire

Redbone is straight heat. Sometimes I wish I could know how dudes come up with certain songs. Wonder what made dude hop in the booth and record this fire

This album is a mirror of a Funkadelic project. Don't get why people say they hear Parliament too because there's little to no elements of their stuff in here.

Repped, when I was listening to it, it reminded me of the song you posted and the other oldie that goes "could it be I'm falling in love...? Witcha baby"
Edit this one

Last edited:
Wait....

That's Childish Gambino singing Redbone?????? Huhhhh????

Yeah bruh. :lol:

Who did you think it was?

Oh and Awaken My Love definitely has some Prince, Sly and the Family Stone and Ohio players influence also.

Last edited:

This album is a mirror of a Funkadelic project. Don't get why people say they hear Parliament too because there's little to no elements of their stuff in here.
One of my favorite songs of all time. Also this album is growing on me, mostly for the beats. Still not a fan of most of Gambino's singing 

Back
Top Bottom