Official Coachella 2017 Thread: Radiohead, Lady Gaga & Kendrick Lamar

Discussion in 'Music' started by scotthallwithapick, Jan 3, 2017.

1. servechilled81

servechilled81

and it ran long too, delaying the Beyonce stream, people were pissed

Migos on now, embarrassingly lack luster. They got so many hype songs but these dudes are not performers

Peep Game and diorandjordans like this.
  2. millenial

millenial

just watched Jorja Smith, love the british accent

3. 360wavesandxbox

360wavesandxbox

Reasons why Beyonce isn't overrated (list form to avoid a wall of text)
    -She actually SINGS, while doing choreography(youtube her mic feeds, then go do Rihanna or even Mariah >D)
    - 2 Straight hours of dancing and singing, no breaks ( only for costume changes)
    -Her transitions between songs is unparalleled. (people that actually study music can see how she matches up they keys and chords of songs, so that the transition is flawless)
    -Her never refusing to put black culture into the forefront (Black Panther super bowl performance, HBCU probate here)in the midst of "white events"
    - Every performance is a production, and almost everyone she incorporates in her shows , usually young black artists, use that as a platform to do bigger things.

Bottom line nobody is doing close to what she does in the game, Michael Jackson wasnt doing this at 36..:pimp::pimp::pimp:

4. CJ616

CJ616

That last bullet of your post is very important. That one performance Saturday night will probably be a huge career boost for a lot of the dancers/musicians/artists involved in it. It's dope to see so many black creatives getting a chance to shine on a state as big as Coachella.

5. millenial

millenial

wonder why Khaled wasnt at coachella this year, oh well at least he still made his presence felt with his voice and his song during Beyonce's performance

6. Peep Game

Peep Game

Wow :lol: was he really singing what amounted to slow lullabies?

And I’ve never seen a good Migos performance. They’re excellent for your car and headphone, but they are pretty bad live

7. definition of dopeness

definition of dopeness

Post Malone had ppl so pissed that “damn another song” and get off the stage was trending :lol:

8. Honestly I can’t wait to see what she has in store THIS weekend . Beyoncé will not repeat that performance . I’m sure she has a whole new set and concept for week 2.

9. debso

debso

I don't give a damn, mj > Beyonce period and ppl are smoking dust to compare.

Hahahaha likes this.
  10. thrasher83

thrasher83

yeah this MJ and Beyonce debate is blasphemous imo. Beyonce is a great performer no doubt, but MJ was on a whole other level.

11. daruma

daruma formerly clu713

vince staples was :nthat: half of my friends went to watch Deorro half way through vince's set and missed out on KDot. :lol:

it'll probably be the same thing, too bad weekend 2 won't be streamed

12. cragmatic

cragmatic

Some of you are seriously giving Beyoncé way too much credit. Someone who has a team of writers and plays zero instruments is all a sudden the greatest performer ... smh