Official Coachella 2017 Thread: Radiohead, Lady Gaga & Kendrick Lamar

Crystal Castles was terrible on the livestream

They need to get back the original chick

Was there yesterday (paid a friend of a friend for Friday only)

Saw crystal castles, Mac miller, empire of the sun (for like 15 min) caught a few Travis Scott songs from
Far away though
Radiohead though, loved it. Listening to Exit music for a film live was a amazing

Copped a Radiohead tee, KL hoodies and a tee
As for food, got a slice of spicy pie pizza (huge slice for $7), sticked to water all night, ol girl got some mocha ice cream (not a coffee fan) and some Mac n cheese topped with pulled BBQ pork.
Also came away with some records at the record store ($1 45's )

Tips: Enter Sahara from the right side of the stage

Shoutout to the nt'er who shouted money all when they saw my red NTLA soccer jersey
How do you exchange the wristbands to each other for single day?

They put my wristband on so tight that I had to cut it off when I came home. There was no way of taking that thing off without ripping it

Was there yesterday (paid a friend of a friend for Friday only)

Saw crystal castles, Mac miller, empire of the sun (for like 15 min) caught a few Travis Scott songs from

Far away though

Radiohead though, loved it. Listening to Exit music for a film live was a amazing

Copped a Radiohead tee, KL hoodies and a tee

As for food, got a slice of spicy pie pizza (huge slice for $7), sticked to water all night, ol girl got some mocha ice cream (not a coffee fan) and some Mac n cheese topped with pulled BBQ pork.

Also came away with some records at the record store ($1 45's )

Tips: Enter Sahara from the right side of the stage

Shoutout to the nt'er who shouted money all when they saw my red NTLA soccer jersey

How do you exchange the wristbands to each other for single day?

They put my wristband on so tight that I had to cut it off when I came home. There was no way of taking that thing off without ripping it

They?

Obviously you put it on loose enough to
Slide right off
But if it's tight, there's a trick to retracting the plastic clip on the wristband

Last edited:
Yea who's they? You put it on yourself.

And just look up ways to remove the bands on Youtube. It involves twisting the fabric so that it's as narrow as possible then spinning the plastic bit up and out.

Gotcha... it was a friend that put it on me, she put it on mad tight.

It was my first time, so curious how it was done without getting caught up.

Good to know for next time

After reading these comments it's making me not wanna waste my time or money to go anymore. I would rather go to EDC.

After reading these comments it's making me not wanna waste my time or money to go anymore. I would rather go to EDC.

Coachella is totally different than EDC. Although it's been more and more like it as the years go by.

Coachella > EDC.

Having been to both multiple times, I personally enjoy Coachella more for the camping aspect, sense of family that comes with it, and overall diversity of music. On the other hand, EDC always delivers with production, but I've been spending less and less time at main stage every year. With that said, they are totally different. So if you only enjoy electronic music and want better production, then EDC is right up your alley. 

Coachella > EDC.

Having been to both multiple times, I personally enjoy Coachella more for the camping aspect, sense of family that comes with it, and overall diversity of music. On the other hand, EDC always delivers with production, but I've been spending less and less time at main stage every year. With that said, they are totally different. So if you only enjoy electronic music and want better production, then EDC is right up your alley. 

Ya damn right I enjoy electronic music :smile:. Trance/House to be exact, but I do really want to go to Coachella because of the diversity of the music like you said. It will just bother me when there is a dead crowd that's only there for the IG pics and nothing else. I know it's none of my business but it really bothers me when people don't care about the event itself. The camping part of it to me is :smokin though.

EDC is no different
Ppl there to get drunk/high, trip out and bounce around
To the same beat non-stop

Yeah if not more. But if you love electronic music you should go at least once. Even with all the cheesey DJs you can still find a solid lineup of great DJs each day. I just can't do 3 straight days of electronic music unless it's a Detroit/Chicago House music weekend or something.

Coachella still reigns supreme in North America.

Ya damn right I enjoy electronic music
smile.gif
. Trance/House to be exact, but I do really want to go to Coachella because of the diversity of the music like you said. It will just bother me when there is a dead crowd that's only there for the IG pics and nothing else. I know it's none of my business but it really bothers me when people don't care about the event itself. The camping part of it to me is
smokin.gif
though.
It's not too big of a deal unless you're at Sahara tent for the big EDM/hip hop crowds. I haven't seen any trance acts booked too much in the past few years, but you can definitely catch house/techno acts in the Yuma tent. Much better crowd in there who loves to dance and enjoy the music. For any popular act on the other stages, there's always going to be folks who are there for social media purposes, but you can always move around. Weekend 2 is generally more mature and chill and there for the music. 

I'll be there for weekend 1.

When do they release set times?

I believe they released set times by Wednesday last year, if I remember correctly.

Have to really plan out the set times this year, too many artists I want to see. I'm sure I'll miss most of them, haha

I'm in there weekend 1. Car camping.

Set times should be out tomorrow.

7th year in a row :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom