OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

I saw the Fresh Start relaunch with Avengers being renumbered. They just switched it back to legacy numbering and it's pretty close to #700. No Surrender is releasing weekly for 16 issues. Why would they renumber it again?

Not sure, but the entire final arc up to #801 might be key. They're Slott's last issues and I think they're changing Peter back to his classic self and not the CEO billionaire industrialist.

From I think 2012 there's been Marvel NOW, All-New Marvel NOW, All-New All-Different, Marvel NOW 2.0, Make Mine Marvel, Legacy, and Fresh Start.

All it does is confuse new readers. Someone might buy a #1 from Marvel NOW and a #2-4 from ANAD and what they thought was one story is two separate arcs. No one is going to confuse #520-#524 with anything. But I guess #1's sell. I thought it was cool that Spider-Man, Incredible Hulk, Daredevil, Avengers, and whatever else was going back to legacy numbering. Especially when they reach milestones like #600, #700, or #800.

Issue #s are meaningless. Something I can never understand why comic fans give a **** about.

But if it matters the Fresh Start relaunch will have legacy #ing and a new #1 going forward

Marvel2018.jpg

TOM BREVOORT CLARIFIES MARVEL LEGACY/FRESH START RENUMBERING

Not sure, but the entire final arc up to #801 might be key. They're Slott's last issues and I think they're changing Peter back to his classic self and not the CEO billionaire industrialist.
Peter stopped being a billionaire CEO during Secret Empire.

I know it's a Marvel event. Everyone knows it was a Marvel event. :lol: I just didn't read it.

All I know was it didn't effect any of the Marvel books I'm reading or they didn't have to have tie-in's.

Yeah but the majority of events include major Marvel characters.

ASM had direct tie-ins to the event.

Maybe Cap is a good fit for him. I know there's some salty racists, but Priest is writing what could be a defining run for Deathstroke right now. I had to drop Coates' BP because I didn't like how he wrote T'Challa (when he actual had T'Challa in his own comic) and it was boring me to tears.

I'm more excited about Slott on Iron Man. I think it could be really good.

20180228_162433.jpg

Bouta dive in. I know they were critically acclaimed but how were they for you all?

^ I love that entire Batman run. If you haven't read Court of Owls, start with that and read the run from the beginning. The last couple arcs are the weakest ones. Superheavy isn't Snyder and Capullo's best, but I actually really like the Mister Bloom arc after it. It makes Superheavy a little bit better.

Going to have to read the Slott's final run of ASM. Debating if I should look to buy or just read online.

^ I love that entire Batman run. If you haven't read Court of Owls, start with that and read the run from the beginning. The last couple arcs are the weakest ones. Superheavy isn't Snyder and Capullo's best, but I actually really like the Mister Bloom arc after it. It makes Superheavy a little bit better.
Agree 100%

20180228_162433.jpg

Bouta dive in. I know they were critically acclaimed but how were they for you all?
Stopped being good to me afterduring Death of the Family. The conclusion of that was beyond disappointing.

Tried some other Snyder stuff and while he has some good ideas, a good balance of action and character development, he isn't good at ending his stories to me. Then some times to me he buys in to his own hype with how convoluted or long winded he can get with plots.

Last edited:
Stopped being good to me afterduring Death of the Family. The conclusion of that was beyond disappointing.

Tried some other Snyder stuff and while he has some good ideas, a good balance of action and character development, he isn't good at ending his stories to me. Then some times to me buys his own hyped with how convoluted or long winded he can get with plots.
Fozz Fozz

I've heard about court of owls through Comics Explained on YouTube, But I'll read it for myself

Back
Top Bottom