OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

I second what Fozzy Badfest said in Descender, Deadly Class, Kill or be Killed and add East of West, Black Monday Murders for Scifi and Daytripper for a coming of age story. It won a few eisner awards. Check all these out at a shop and see whats for you.

nomnom nomnom

Five Ghosts
Southern Bastards
Paper Girls (kinda like stranger things)
Tokyo Ghost
Death of Glory (issue #2 just dropped this month fairy new but really good so far)

Just a few I came up with off the top of my head right now

I kinda have been way more genre based and writer focused so when he said no superhero books I drew a blank cuz I just consider all these comics now to be superheroes in skem shape or form like when I was reading long form manga.

But yeah pretty much all of the indie work by Hickman, Rememder, Aaron, Brubaker, etc.

Reading

Thor
Black Panther
Sentry
Venom
Dr. Strange
Vader
Avengers
& Spawn

How’s Black Panther and Thor going? Waiting for Cap to release next week, I think.

Collecting everything Black Panther related. Can’t wait to see how this Wakanda/Spider-Man mini series plays out.
F1ECE7AA-6331-4932-8AD7-AB45F6A7373E.jpeg

Anyone read Cap #1 or Cosmic Ghost Rider? Won't have a chance to pick up till next week.

Still have Oblivion song and Venom #2-3 to read. lol.

Just finished Vol.6 of Deadly Class. Man, what a fun book.

R.I.P. to the legendary Steve Ditko. |l Now's a good a time for me to go back and re-read my ASM MMW collections.

Also, if you're not copping the new Immortal Hulk series, you're missing out!

R.I.P. to the legendary Steve Ditko. |l Now's a good a time for me to go back and re-read my ASM MMW collections.

Also, if you're not copping the new Immortal Hulk series, you're missing out!
Have to read #2, but man. It feels like a horror book lol.

Anyone read Cosmic Ghost Rider?
LMAO at Baby Thanos already being crazy. Then Ghost Rider giving him the fade :rofl:

Amazing Spider-Man was good too!

I'm slowly enjoying Oblivion Song a little more now.

I really like Gideon Falls.

Currently reading:

Thor
Amazing Spider-Man
Immortal Hulk
X-23
X-Men Red
Doctor Strange

Can't wait for F4byke next month :pimp: (s/o @lamekilla )

Which DC titles should i jump on?

Haven't kept up since the Tomasi/Gleason Superman run

Yall can keep that Bendis Superman :smh:

Currently reading:

Thor
Amazing Spider-Man
Immortal Hulk
X-23
X-Men Red
Doctor Strange

I heard good things about Bendis’ Man of Steel. But I can’t get into Superman.

My recommendations are:

Batman:White Knight
Wild storm
Mister Miracle
Justice League

Currently reading:

Thor
Amazing Spider-Man
Immortal Hulk
X-23
X-Men Red
Doctor Strange

The new Hawkman is pretty dope. Really digging The Terrifics. Snyder just started a new Justice League run with John Stewart, Martian Manhunter, and Hawkgirl on the squad. Justice League Dark starts in a couple weeks too.

Hal Jordan has been one of my favorite series for the last couple years, but it's about to end at #50. A lot of the DC ongoings I like have been ending recently. I heard a rumor that Grant Morrison might be doing a GL book which would be pretty hype.

BMB's Man of Steel started okay, but its not that great. I already miss Jurgens. I thought from Lois and Clark to AC #999 he had a good run. (Except for The Oz Effect, which was underwhelming.)

Yoooo! Is the REAL Cyclops coming back?! What is this? :wow: :wow:

"Set it right"? I wonder if the O5 are finally going back. Or just away from the 616.

DiAyIAuWkAA6ZS8.jpeg

talking bout the all-new xmen right? Yeah they all gotta go. Im surprised they were incoporated for as long as they were.
Yes.

The time displaced original 5 X-Men.

But obviously they can't die :lol:

Lot of problems with Bendis' run and out of respect Marvel editors keeping it in place but overally there are bigger issues with the entirety of X-Men whichbis why they left them around.

I wonder if this is related to eXtermination. Probably some new X-books for Fall being announced this Sunday. Hopefully it's not disappointing like ResurrXion.

DiabWErUYAAc54i.jpg

Grant Morrison & Liam Sharp Helming Hal Jordan/Green Lantern Relaunch

The acclaimed writer is poised to make his long awaited return in a big way, teaming with artist Liam Sharp to launch The Green Lantern, a new series designed to explore the titular hero’s role as a “space cop.” But while you might be forgiven if you expect Morrison and Sharp to drop Hal Jordan neck-deep into the sort of massive, grand storylines space exploration and alien cultures tend to lend themselves to, the creative team claims their new series will actually be much more modest in scale.

“Instead of the big, epic, 12-part stories, we’re focusing down on the everyday life of a space cop,” Morrison told IGN. “Basically, it’s no more apocalypse-ending storylines. The basic concept is that [Hal Jordan] is like a space cop that patrols a sector of the universe where anything can happen. We’ve made it more like a police procedural.”

That doesn’t mean the series will be without Morrison’s signature touch; According to IGN, he and Sharp are quick to assure fans that they have plans to have Hal spend time with a number of weirder, more alien Green Lanterns than he has in recent years. To that end, don’t expect John Stewart, Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner, Simon Baz or Jessica Cruz to make an appearance. After all, Hal is, as Sharp describes the character, “a loner and a drifter and he’s an unreconstructed man.”

“We’re doing Hal Jordan where, you know he’s a good cop, but is he really a good guy? And we’re looking into his relationships and how he deals with people,” Morrison added, promising that while fans will immediately recognize the character they know and love, the comic will introduce a new side to him. “f you’ve got a job as a space cop, it’s hard to be stuck on the planet Earth. He has other lives on other planets. We’re gonna be looking into a lot of things that I don’t think we’ve seen a lot with Hal Jordan before.

The Green Lantern #1, by Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp, arrives in late 2018 from DC Comics.

Source: https://www.cbr.com/grant-morrison-liam-sharp-hal-jordan-green-lantern-relaunch/

Geoff Johns also just emptied the clip at SDCC. :wow:

3 JOKERS Lands at BLACK LABEL - But is In DCU Continuity

Geoff Johns and Jason Fabok's Three Jokers title has landed at DC Black Label - but will tie-in to DC Universe continuity. Announced during the Geoff Johns spotlight panel at Comic-Con International: San Diego, the series is scheduled to debut this winter as a three-issue prestige format limited series.

"It's not about other dimensions, or other Earths. It's a very grounded, emotional story," said Johns.

"If I could tell one Joker story, this is the Joker story I would tell. I always think of it as a Joker story," DC co-publisher Dan DiDio added.

"It focuses on Bruce, Barbara, and Jason," Johns said - that's Bruce Wayne (Batman), Barbara Gordon (Batgirl), and Jason Todd (Red Hood).

"This will explore a new facet of who Bruce Wayne is that's never been seen in comics," Johns said. "It connects him to the Joker in a way that will change their relationship forever."

The idea of 'Three Jokers' was established in Johns and Fabok's "New 52" Justice League run, and was briefly touched upon in 2016's DC Universe: Rebirth #1.

3jokers.jpg 3jokersv.jpg

Source: https://www.newsarama.com/40935-3-jokers-lands-at-black-label-but-is-in-dcu-continuity.html

DigAlBeVMAEfBZJ.jpg large.jpg johnsdidiosdccpanel.jpg

Dif5oFnU8AA4aJa.jpg large.jpg

BOOSTER & HARLEY's Confessionals in HEROES IN CRISIS #1 First Look

Here is a first look at Tom King and Clay Mann's Heroes in Crisis #1. These pages were shown Friday morning during a private Heroes in Crisis press cruise, which Newsarama wrote about here.

HEROES IN CRISIS #1
written by TOM KING
art and cover by CLAY MANN
1:50 variant cover by J.G. JONES
1:100 variant cover by MARK BROOKS
1:200 variant cover by FRANCESCO MATTINA
blank variant cover available
There’s a new kind of crisis threatening the heroes of the DC Universe, ripped from real-world headlines by C.I.A.-operative-turned-comics-writer Tom King: How does a superhero handle PTSD? Welcome to Sanctuary, an ultra-secret hospital for superheroes who’ve been
traumatized by crime-fighting and cosmic combat. But something goes inexplicably wrong when many patients wind up dead, with two well-known operators as the prime suspects:
Harley Quinn and Booster Gold! It’s up to the DC Trinity of Superman, Wonder Woman and
Batman to investigate—but can they get the job done in the face of overwhelming opposition?
ON SALE 09.26.18
$3.99 US | 32 PAGES
FC | 1 of 7 | RATED T+

hic01.jpg

hic02.jpg

hic03.jpg

hic04.jpg

hic05.jpg

Back
Top Bottom