OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

I just finished that whole run with the Knights team or w/e.

It was cool. Future Tim, trying to avoid that future, Omac and Brother Eye, Batwoman killing, mini Civil War for the team.

That Victim syndicate angle basically fizzled out. Showed up one more time.

I dunno though. Always been a light DC comics reader. I've dropped Batman and wondering if I should drop Tec. All I got left is those new age of heroes comics and I already know most of those are getting cancelled. Not counting minis not much from DC enticing me.

Given announcements so far I'm looking forward more to YJ returning.

I need this cover to ta-nieshi coates captain america. Anyones comic book store have them?
37657578_403255483497908_6565509453611794432_o.jpg

I need this cover to ta-nieshi coates captain america. Anyones comic book store have them?
37657578_403255483497908_6565509453611794432_o.jpg
I think one of the comic shops near me has this cover. The LCS I go to, said he held this cover for me. When I picked it up, he held the wrong one. Smh.

Really bummed that Saga is going on a break for a year.

Descender ends today and the new series Ascender won't start till next year.

Bummer.

For those who go to the lcs weekly to pick up singles: What percentage of your collection would you say is single issues and trades/hardcovers/omnis?

I tend to check out quite a few titles, so a large majority of my collection is now collected editions. Looks better on the shelf and easier to read.

For those who go to the lcs weekly to pick up singles: What percentage of your collection would you say is single issues and trades/hardcovers/omnis?

I tend to check out quite a few titles, so a large majority of my collection is now collected editions. Looks better on the shelf and easier to read.
One short box (That's already overflowing) and around 30 trades?

Only buying single issues for certain titles. If I had known Saga was going to go on hiatus for a year, I wouldn't have bought single issues starting at #50.

I like TBPs, though.

I think I'm getting to the point where I want to trade all of my comics in for TPBs.

im not trading mine in for it but im getting more TPBs than singles, outside of Flash, i'm continuing those in single form, I own every issue (minus annuals) from Vol 3-current.

I think the only title I'll continue to pull in single form is Amazing Spider-Man and Saga.

Descender just finished and Ascender won't begin till next year. So maybe I'll get the single issues for those.

I am pulling the current Venom title, Captain America, and for some reason really interested in the upcoming Fantastic Four release.

I want to get into more DC, since Wildstorm has caught my attention. But I don't even know where to start. I really like the are in the current Justice League run, but not sure if I really have an interest for it.

I love the collecting aspect and completing runs, but I'll get trades if its for an old run thats unrealistic to collect. Like there's no way I'm getting the original Lee/Kirby run of The Incredible Hulk in decent condition for a reasonable price. I've also been getting TPB's for stuff like David's Hulk, Simonson's Thor, and Geoff John's Hawkman.

I love collecting old runs that are reasonable to collect. I raid the old discount and dollar bins all the time. Find lots of dope stuff like Jurgens Thor, Spider-Man 2099, 90s Iron Man, Booster Gold, Martian Manhunter, and recently I've been collecting Hawkworld. When I found some Hawkworld issues in the dollar bin, the owner of my shop was telling me how much he loved that series. When you finally complete a run, it just feels so good. :pimp: Maintaining my collection is almost therapeutic. :lol:

My current box consists of 90s comics that I always wanted to really liked the covers of.

I'm trying to get as many of McFarlane's ASM covers but there are some that are priced a little too much.

Side note: The Power Rangers: Shattered Grid storyline is entertaining. If that storyline was made into a show, wow.

Said it before but DC continues to push me out.

Not rocking with Doomsday Clock. Its leaving me a bad taste the way they continue to pimp and piggyback off Moore. Not really rocking with John's next move.

Not feeling anything Snyder or King. Pretty much not interested in the rest. Young Animal is basically cancelled with Way announcing the line is being suspended or on hiatus so that means no more Mother Panic (last issue came out yesterday). Wildstorm just announced the cancellation of Michael Cray :smh:

I'm seeing where Detective goes, and a few of the New Age of Heroes books but i know most there are getting cancelled as well. Then theres the main Wild storm book and thats it.

Back
Top Bottom