OFFICIAL CONVERSE THREAD

I remember this crap from 1999. These looked like some bootleg And1 shoes. I swear everything coming from Master P has some plagiarized dynamic with it.

front.jpg

It's always interesting seeing old photos of Michael Jordan wearing Converse when he played for the Tar Heels.

Just hope they will retro Wade 1

927dc7b9f8763ed566d2fa7fcd13d5ed--tenis-basketball-converse-shoes.jpg

converse-wade-1-playoff-1-1.jpg

Nike could since they own Converse. But that's doubtful because they haven't even focused on rehashing popular Converse models from the '80s to early '90s.

Coincidentally, Dwyane Wade was under the Nike umbrella because he started his NBA career with Converse and then transferred over to Jordan Brand. Then he ended up with a lifetime deal with Li-Ning.

If they ever rehashed those they would definitely omit any branding tied to Wade on the finished product since he's no longer signed to Converse. They'll just make them generic looking, devoid of branding just like how they rehash other signature shoes that were tied to an athlete no longer signed with the brand.

Just hope they will retro Wade 1

927dc7b9f8763ed566d2fa7fcd13d5ed--tenis-basketball-converse-shoes.jpg

converse-wade-1-playoff-1-1.jpg
Probably wont due to wade being signed to another company. Now they could release the shoe again without the wade branding but I’m not sure there’s a retro market for non dwade branded sneakers

Probably wont due to wade being signed to another company. Now they could release the shoe again without the wade branding but I’m not sure there’s a retro market for non dwade branded sneakers

Shoe companies can always rehash signature shoes of any former client that's devoid of any branding tied to them at will if they see there's a market for them since they clearly own the design copyright. It's just dependent on how motivated they are to do it.

Adidas has been doing it for years after Kobe Bryant left them in 2002. They've just been renaming them and omitting any design ties to him with the rehashed stuff.

Nike can rehash Wade's shoes despite him having a lifetime deal with Li-Ning. But they don't see a market for them, so they will most likely remain in the archives.

The dynamics with rehashed shoes of formers clients are interesting. The shoe company can legally rehash them because they own the design. Omitting all branding and design ties to the former client absolves them of having to pay him. And the former client can't sue them for rehashing his former shoes with them because the rehashed version is devoid of any ties to him.

Back
Top Bottom