Official DA HEMI thread

What kinda deals y’all get in Michigan??? :nerd:
I got offered a loaded scat charger for $270 and passed

Ended up getting a ram for a STEAL but like I said at that price that was my regret but no joke every other whip on the road is all these kids in scats and revving engines at the lights at every car

Fca had a bunch of announcements last week
Next gen charger/challenger is coming
Haven’t said when yet
Will be LX platform still
But the LX platform will be “barely unrecognizable”

they not scrapping that lx wit da sedan market da way it is...joint beeeeeeeeeeeeeeen paid off :lol:

Saw video of the Grand Cherokee track hawk.

OMFG-thats-disgusting-GIF.gif

So fca said viper either not coming back
Or nothing to announce about it
But car and driver which is a reliable source
Is saying it’s coming back
No word on when
Also new Jeep trim coming
Called sand hawk
Or sand trail
Or something not at home so can’t link
I’ll try later

I have the overland now...i really want that dodge srt 8 or the high altitude jeep. Hubby not about me having that speed life with a minion now. So I might have to jump ship for something else.

I have the overland now...i really want that dodge srt 8 or the high altitude jeep. Hubby not about me having that speed life with a minion now. So I might have to jump ship for something else.
MAAAAAN
my carseat in the back
and i have no issues
u will be good
get that srt8

Fiat Chrysler Turns Up The Boost Yet Again For The 2019 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye

2019 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye

At the recent Fiat Chrysler capital markets day, the Dodge and Chrysler brands were notable for the lack of any reference in the 5 year plan. Just because they weren't mentioned, it doesn't mean that at least Dodge has been completely forgotten . For the 2019 model year the long running Challenger coupe gets yet another performance upgrade with the 797-hp Hellcat Redeye variant.

While most other FCA brands including the premium Maserati lineup are getting a range of electrification options in the next few years, Dodge is staying old school with more power from the gas slurping supercharged Hellcat V8 engine. Base Hellcats for the 2019 Challenger and its 4-door Charger sibling gain 10-hp bringing them to 717-hp and 656 lb-ft of torque.

The new Redeye variant doesn't go quite as extreme as last years 840-hp track oriented Demon but it still leaves the factory with 797-hp and 707 lb-ft of torque. The Redeye is based on the Demon engine with a larger supercharger and upgraded fuel system in order to deliver the quantity of high octane hydrocarbons required to generate this much tractive force.

Sam Abuelsamid
2019 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye engine

Effectively the Redeye is a Demon minus some of the drag racing specific features such as the transmission lock, drag mode and drag radials Engine power is limited mainly by the new dual snorkel hood than provides more airflow than the prior Hellcat hood but less than the full width scoop on the Demon.

FCA claims a 0-60 time of 3.4 seconds and quarter mile acceleration for the wide body version of 10.8 seconds at 131 mph with a top speed of 203 mph. Unlike the limited production Demon, the Redeye will be limited only by customer demand. Final pricing will be announced later in the summer but it should start around $70,000 and be available in the fourth quarter of this year.

The author is a senior analyst on the Transportation Efficiencies team at Navigant Research and co-host of the Wheel Bearings podcast

Automotive Minute: Demon who? Dodge reveals 2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye (Photos)
VIEW SLIDESHOW
39 photos

TransportationIndustry
By Eileen Falkenberg-Hull – Editor, Drive My Family
3 hours ago

The last 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon has been produced and sold, but not forgotten. Dodge, a division of FCA North American (NYSE: FCAU) has rolled the lessons learned from it and some of its equipment into the just-revealed 2019 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye.

Boasting an impressive 797 horsepower and 707 pound-feet of torque from its supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI V8 engine, the Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye utilizes a Demon engine that has been specially calibrated for the new model. The car will get from zero to 60 mph in 3.4 seconds and can do the quarter-mile in 10.8 seconds.

“The Dodge Brothers would be proud that we’re leveraging the power and performance of this proven engine to bring a Demon-possessed Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye to an even wider high-performance enthusiast audience,” said Steve Beahm, head of passenger cars, Dodge/SRT, Chrysler, and FIAT, FCA North America.

Unlike the limited run of the Demon (just 3,300 models were produced for sale in North America), the Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye is set to be a mass market model. Pricing has yet to be released but FCA’s executives say it will run about $70,000.

Pre-order and on-sale dates have yet to be announced but the models are slated to arrive at dealer lots in the fourth quarter. The 2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye will be produced at the company’s Brampton Assembly Plant in Ontario, Canada beginning this fall.

ALSO SCAT PACKS WILL COME IN A WIDE BODY VERSION

2019 Dodge Charger: Hellcat Returns With Handsome New Get-Up
The sedan's base models get a boost in power while the SRT Hellcat gets Demon-derived hand-me-downs.
BY TALON HOMERJUNE 28, 2018

FCA US LLC & © 2018 FCA US LLC
Year, Make, Model: Fiat-Chrysler has just publicly announced the changes that will be coming to its 2019 Dodge Charger lineup in the third quarter of 2018.

What's New: Going forward, Dodge will offer six trim packages for the Charger. On the more affordable end, there are the V-6 powered GT and SXT all-wheel-drive models. The Pentastar engine in both of these trims will see an eight-horsepower increase to an even 300, while the base rear-drive SXT remains at 292 horsepower. R/T models get a new air-channeling hood and several handling upgrades.

FCA
The real story lies within the Hellcat's visual and performance upgrades.

message-editor%2F1530206368475-dodgechargerhellcat.jpg

message-editor%2F1530206375888-dodgechargerhellcat2.jpg

The more lively Scat Pack and Hellcat Chargers will get more significant upgrades including a line-lock system, revised launch control, and dual cold air ducts in their grills. The Hellcat will receive an After-Run Chiller that continues to cool the Hemi's supercharger after the engine has been shut off, and it will also have a "torque reserve" mode that pre-loads the supercharger for quicker acceleration off the line.

Power figures for the Scat Pack (485 horsepower, 475 pound-feet of torque) and Hellcat (707 hp, 650 pound-feet) variants remain unchanged from the outgoing model year.

New interior options will also be offered across the lineup, including a cold weather package with heated cloth seats.

Quotable: In Dodge's press release, FCA Representative Steve Beahm said, "Despite a shift toward utility vehicles in the United States over the past decade, the Dodge Charger and Challenger continue to buck the trend. Charger and Challenger retail sales have increased 70 percent since 2008, and since the launch of Scat Pack in August 2014, high-performance model sales increased from four percent to more than 25 percent. Charger is on track to lead the large car segment in the United States for the fifth straight year in 2018, and we intend to keep that string alive by updating the product to deliver the performance and capability that our customers demand.”

What You Need to Know: While Fiat Chrysler hasn't reinvented the now 12-year-old sedan, it's added a suite of small upgrades that should benefit the performance-minded customer. Dodge will be taking orders for its new Charger at the end of June, and they will be shipped out to dealers in Q3 2018. Base MSRP starts at around $29,000 while Hellcat pricing is expected to go up slightly from its current $67,995 entry point.

2019 Dodge Challenger lineup gets more performance, even sillier names
The Demon may have been exorcised but the Hellcat Redeye is here to try and fill its shoes with less power but more production.

JUNE 28, 2018 8:30 AM PDT

dg019-001mmj26aj9s7llfqcpm1dptkder40.jpg

Dodge

Fans of big, stupid power and supercharger whine rejoice! Not only is Dodge bringing the Challenger Hellcat back for 2019, it's making it even more Satanic. Oh, and the rest of the Challenger lineup is getting some tasty upgrades too, but Hellcat! Wooo!

Anyway, as we said, Dodge is taking the Hellcat, which made enough power and torque to pretty much pull a building off its foundation, and applying some of what it learned from the even more powerful Dodge Demon to give us the Challenger Hellcat Redeye! This new flavor of Hellcat will put out 797 hp and 707 pound-feet of torque, and that's crazy. The Redeye will be mated exclusively to the TorqueFlite 8HP90 eight-speed automatic transmission.

dg019-003mmn4jmjuqd47osfi767cjee466mn.jpg

PAID
Lenovo is your partner for end-to-end solutions in healthcare
Learn more about how Lenovo Health can help coordinate and customize care anywhere.

Paid content by Lenovo

That's a lot of performance in the top half of the Challenger model range, but Dodge didn't want to leave those of us who weren't ballin' out in the cold. The Challenger GT and R/T rear-wheel drive models get a standard "Super Track Pak" suspension and paddle shifters for auto cars. If that's not enough, there is a Performance Handling Group for the GT which adds four-piston Brembo brakes, wider 20 x 9-inch wheels and a larger rear sway bar. The R/T Performance Handling Group gets upgraded springs, sway bars, Bilstein shocks, bushings and mounts while the Performance Plus Package 20 x 9.5-inch forged wheels with 275/40ZR20 Pirelli P-Zero tires, and a limited-slip differential.

Unfortunately, none of the performance options mention the cars losing like 600 lbs, so we predict that they will continue to be epic on the drag strip, good on the street and a little ponderous on a racetrack but we'll have to wait until we drive them all to find out for sure.

I was afraid that FCA would dump the large Dodge sedans Giulia platform. I'm so glad that Dodge is staying with the Hemi powered monsters.

The new performance upgrades are lovely on both the charger and challenger and will deliver lots of air to the Hemi. The 797HP Redeye without the governor is more exiting to me than the Demon.

I can't wait.

we're in a era where your kids are going to ask you what you were doing when all these cars were coming out.

ooooh ****
peep no more srt8 charger or challenger
either scat or hellcat
Makes sense

Scat pack took it Over

Reserve SRT for hellcat

Scatpack was basically a SRT in the past. Options etc if you bought a loaded one.

Sucks they’re making V6 chargers with scatpack/SRT appearance package now

Michigan no joke is flooded with so many scatpack it’s legit disturbing, gonna be even worse with these fake v6 all over

Last edited:
Mad that they didnt give the Charger a Redeye option >D
Is charger demon dropping or no?

Saw some dude on IG claimed to have an order submitted for whenever they start but I feel like I never even heard a confirmation on it

Is charger demon dropping or no?

Saw some dude on IG claimed to have an order submitted for whenever they start but I feel like I never even heard a confirmation on it
I think the Demon is over. But that doesn't mean that FCA won't manufacture a Charger Hellcat Red Eye widebody in the bear future.

This thought to be mule widebody 300 was spotted a while back.
Screenshot_20180628-204153_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20180628-204221_Chrome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom