Official DA HEMI thread

The Mopar 'Hellcrate' Is The 707 HP Engine Swap Kit You Demanded

David Tracy

10/30/17 11:59am
Filed to:HELLCAT
c0dofn9maah6yxwumpf7.png

Photo: Fiat Chrysler

There’s good news for everyone who’s been prowling Copart for wrecked Dodge Hellcat Chargers and Challengers: Fiat Chrysler’s Mopar division just announced a new 6.2-liter supercharged crate engine kit called “Hellcrate.” Because every car deserves 707 horsepower.

Have you been yearning to put your project car’s antiquated chassis to the test by stuffing an enormous, overpowered motor under the hood? Of course you have! We’ve all been there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Well, you’ll be happy to know that Mopar, Fiat Chrysler’s parts division, is at the Specialty Equipment Market Association in Las Vegas getting ready to show off its $19,530 6.2-liter supercharged crate Hemi engine, as well as the new $2,195 Hellcrate engine kit with which that motor “plugs and plays.” Mopar describes the contents of the kit in its press release, saying:

The kit includes a powertrain control module (PCM), power distribution center, engine wiring harness, chassis harness, accelerator pedal, ground jumper, oxygen sensors, charge air temperature sensors and fuel pump control module for the 6.2-liter supercharged Crate HEMI Engine. The PCM is unlocked and set to the factory 707- horsepower calibration.

Mopar says its engineers optimized the Hellcrate Hemi Engine Kit for use with manual transmissions, and that the engine also requires a Front End Accessory Drive Kit, which includes things like a power steering pump, belts, an alternator, pulleys and more. The brand doesn’t mention pricing on that FEAD kit.

ADVERTISEMENT

ylh4adnvcy1a3ysf4s0v.png

The Mopar “Hellcrate” HEMI® Engine Kit. Photo: Fiat Chrysler
Mopar says the Hellcrate kit is “the first-ever supercharged, 707-horsepower factory-backed crate engine kit,” and head of Mopar Pietro Gorlier says something similar:

Never before has a supercharged, factory-direct 707-horsepower crate engine kit been offered, and we are proud to be the first to deliver a solution enthusiasts have demanded...

ADVERTISEMENT

While “first-ever supercharged, 707-horsepower factory-backed crate engine kit” seems like an awfully specific thing to brag about being first to, and the price tag isn’t exactly cheap, it’s hard not to find a 700+ horsepower crate engine with a three-year/unlimited mileage warranty at least somewhat awesome.

I’d love to throw one in my Grand Wagoneer. It think it would fit.

CRATE ENGINES ARE GOOD

Mad Geniuses Built A Working Hellcat Drivetrain Into This Crate

The Best Crate Motors On Sale

GM Crate Engines Available Direct From GM...For A Price

l9kiire9ucwf7yjkgoi9.jpg

David Tracy
Writer, Jalopnik. 1979 Jeep Cherokee Golden Eagle, 1985 Jeep J10, 1948 Willys CJ-2A, 1995 Jeep Cherokee, 1992 Jeep Cherokee, totaled 2003 Kia Rio

https://jalopnik.com/the-mopar-hellcrate-is-the-707-hp-engine-swap-kit-you-d-1819971951

Was it dodge that was offering the unlimited warranty? I need a dadmobile and the new Durango is the coolest looking thing in that range on the streets. Would like to know how they hold up over time and what the warranty covers

Was it dodge that was offering the unlimited warranty? I need a dadmobile and the new Durango is the coolest looking thing in that range on the streets. Would like to know how they hold up over time and what the warranty covers
yes
unless its a srt engine

Don’t hate cuz we getting them b5 scatpacks for 32k :smokin
Motor city hemi gang. I’m no longer team LS tho sold the gxp a month ago to a homie for peanuts.

32k can’t find a Scat here under 38/40
My brother went to Michigan and got his Charger said I wasn’t going back that place was bad luck got two flat tires in the same day but might make a trip

Got 06 Daytona now looking at one of the newer ones in the same color
Don’t know if I want the 5.7 or 6.4

32k can’t find a Scat here under 38/40
My brother went to Michigan and got his Charger said I wasn’t going back that place was bad luck got two flat tires in the same day but might make a trip

Got 06 Daytona now looking at one of the newer ones in the same color
Don’t know if I want the 5.7 or 6.4
where you located? can find some solid deals in Detroit for used ones, many are from leases

I’m tired of even seeing scats n cats man. At least 15-20 a day (I drive for a living). It’s the “cool dude” car in the area so everybody who social media popular drive em, make n female.

Idk about 50k but if y’all wanna talk numbers I got a guy and Inquire and try your hardest. He works for the biggest volume dealership in the country by far, I mean he’s not pressed for business because he does numbers but who knows what he can do. Lease wise, he does what’s needed to get the best deal by far and beats anyone by a good amount

Feel like that dealership mainly cares about them lease numbers since that’s the popular thing these days. I’m not a salesman so idk what they make off what I just know lease is what they care about since that’s whats mainly brining the customers in

Idk about 50k but if y’all wanna talk numbers I got a guy and Inquire and try your hardest. He works for the biggest volume dealership in the country by far, I mean he’s not pressed for business because he does numbers but who knows what he can do. Lease wise, he does what’s needed to get the best deal by far and beats anyone by a good amount

Feel like that dealership mainly cares about them lease numbers since that’s the popular thing these days. I’m not a salesman so idk what they make off what I just know lease is what they care about since that’s whats mainly brining the customers in
nah no lease for me

2 of the homies got cats at low 50s I wouldn’t make it up. And a plethora of dude got scats for 35ish

2 of the homies got cats at low 50s I wouldn’t make it up. And a plethora of dude got scats for 35ish

Scats u can find deals anywhere, these lots got 10+ sitting at all times. Idk I never looked at a cat myself but with all the people around me I know copping em, I believe that price is still a thing cuz these dudes bread ain’t super long like that. Dude at the gas station by my crib got a srt rango and say he got it for 53k.

Back
Top Bottom