Official DA HEMI thread

2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat gets Demon’s wide-body look
Viknesh Vijayenthiran

With only 3,300 destined to be built, the chances of you getting your hands on a 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon are slim, even if you can afford the car’s $86,090 price tag.

The good news is that you’ll be able to get the Demon’s sexy wide-body look on a new Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody, which doesn’t suffer from limited production.

That's right. Dodge on Tuesday announced that the 2018 Challenger SRT Hellcat will be available with a wide-body design. The starting price for the Hellcat Widebody is $72,590, which includes a $1,700 gas guzzler tax and $1,095 destination charge.

You’ll get the same pumped fenders as found on the Demon. They add a substantial 3.5 inches to the width of the standard Hellcat. More importantly, the new fenders are filed with 20x11-inch aluminum wheels shod with 305/35R20-size Pirelli P Zero tires.

2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
Sure, they’re not the 315/40R18-size Nitto drag radials fitted to the Demon, but they sure beat the skinny 275/40R20-size tires fitted to the standard Hellcat. Dodge promises improvements in lateral grip, acceleration and braking.

Some specific figures for the Hellcat Widebody include a 0-60 mph time of 3.5 seconds and a quarter-mile elapsed time of 10.9 seconds. Those figures represent improvements of 0.1 and 0.3 seconds, respectively, over the standard Hellcat. Finally, lateral skid pad grip has also increased by .04 g (0.97 g in Hellcat Widebody vs. 0.93 g in standard Hellcat).

In Dodge’s own testing on a 1.7-mile road course, the Hellcat Widebody was 2.0 seconds faster per lap than the standard Hellcat. The clocked top speed was 195 mph.

Part of the improved track times is also due to the addition of an electronic power steering system as standard. This works with the car’s driving modes selector which includes settings for Street, Sport and Track plus a Custom option that lets you dial in your own preferences. In addition to the steering, the driving modes selector also controls the power levels, transmission shift speeds, traction control and suspension settings.

Beyond the pumped fenders, the Hellcat Widebody also pickups up the Demon’s headlights with dual intakes, plus the low front splitter. Unique to the Hellcat Widebody is its vented aluminum hood and Hellcat logo badging. Other features include the now-familiar supercharged 6.2-liter V-8 good for 707 horsepower and 650 pound-feet of torque, plus a Brembo brake package. Buyers can choose from either a 6-speed manual or 8-speed automatic with paddle shifters.

Order books for the Hellcat Widebody open in July. The first examples are due in showrooms in the fall. As a bonus, buyers will also receive a one-day session at the Bob Bondurant School of High-performance Driving in Chandler, Arizona.

what are u tryna get
Hell Cat challenger, SRT, or Scat Pack
i got a scat
only difference from srt is the adaptable suspension
6 piston brembos and bigger tires
scat has same engine
4 piston brembos
.5 smaller tires
up to what u actually want
of course hellcat has 6.2 with the supercharger
I'm happy with my scat
if i had the cash for a hellcat i would get it for my weekend car and still keep my scat
How you liking it? My lease will be in the next few months so I've been looking the scat vs srt.
And yeah the suspension and brakes is **** to me.
Only thing I prefer the leather option, tech package and sunroof along with the srt wheels. And there aren't any like that in my area.
Are you leasing yours ? If so why the scat instead be of srt. And how's the gas ?
I get about 25-28 mpg on my car rn So that's another thing that's pushing me away from it
I know I'm not gonna get anything around there but I don't think I can deal with 15 mpg damn near gotta fill up every 2 days :lol:
I'm loving it
I financed mine
And I preferred the scat
It's really just a srt.
And if I'm a keep it a buck with
The scats are just the pre 2014 srt's
They added the suspension to the srt's to differentiate them from the scats
When they introduced em
Plus the difference in price when I got mine was at least 10k
Also u can smoke a srt all day
That adjustable suspension adds weight
I've whooped a few srt's
And gas :rofl:
I'm the wrong person to ask
I stay mashing the gas
I fill up like every 3 maybe 4 days if I'm pushing it which I usually am
Longer when my girl driving or if I'm just running little errands that week
There are days when I gotta fill up every 2
I'm in cali
So with the Safeway/vons grocery store discount on gas at chevron
Or my shell rewards card discount
With premium fuel(which u HAVE to use if u have the 6.4)
Which after discounts can still be like $3 still
To fill up is like $50-$55
Thanks for the info seems like scat pack will be my choice just gotta figure out the gas situation I drive around a lot . I fil my car up with 35 Costco ftw. But filling up every 2 days would make feel some type of way

what are u tryna get
Hell Cat challenger, SRT, or Scat Pack
i got a scat
only difference from srt is the adaptable suspension
6 piston brembos and bigger tires
scat has same engine
4 piston brembos
.5 smaller tires
up to what u actually want
of course hellcat has 6.2 with the supercharger
I'm happy with my scat
if i had the cash for a hellcat i would get it for my weekend car and still keep my scat
How you liking it? My lease will be in the next few months so I've been looking the scat vs srt.
And yeah the suspension and brakes is **** to me.
Only thing I prefer the leather option, tech package and sunroof along with the srt wheels. And there aren't any like that in my area.
Are you leasing yours ? If so why the scat instead be of srt. And how's the gas ?
I get about 25-28 mpg on my car rn So that's another thing that's pushing me away from it
I know I'm not gonna get anything around there but I don't think I can deal with 15 mpg damn near gotta fill up every 2 days :lol:
I'm loving it
I financed mine
And I preferred the scat
It's really just a srt.
And if I'm a keep it a buck with
The scats are just the pre 2014 srt's
They added the suspension to the srt's to differentiate them from the scats
When they introduced em
Plus the difference in price when I got mine was at least 10k
Also u can smoke a srt all day
That adjustable suspension adds weight
I've whooped a few srt's
And gas :rofl:
I'm the wrong person to ask
I stay mashing the gas
I fill up like every 3 maybe 4 days if I'm pushing it which I usually am
Longer when my girl driving or if I'm just running little errands that week
There are days when I gotta fill up every 2
I'm in cali
So with the Safeway/vons grocery store discount on gas at chevron
Or my shell rewards card discount
With premium fuel(which u HAVE to use if u have the 6.4)
Which after discounts can still be like $3 still
To fill up is like $50-$55
Thanks for the info seems like scat pack will be my choice just gotta figure out the gas situation I drive around a lot . I fil my car up with 35 Costco ftw. But filling up every 2 days would make feel some type of way
bruh when u hear that startup
u aint even gonna be tripping off the gas
TRUST

475-hp, three-row SUV on sale in the fourth quarter
Dodge announced pricing information for the 2018 Durango SRT that will arrive in dealerships later this year.

If you’re in the market for a three-row SUV that boasts a quarter-mile time of 12.9 seconds and can sprint from 0-60 mph in 4.4 seconds, expect to pony up at least $64,090 for starters.

The Durango SRT packs a potent 6.4-liter Hemi V-8 under its hood. It delivers 475 hp and 470 lb-ft of torque and is mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission.

“This is what you get, when you take everything great about the Durango and combine it with the performance of the Charger SRT: a 12-second quarter mile, 8,700-lb.-toy hauling, three-row muscle car,” said Tim Kuniskis, head of Passenger Car Brands for FCA, in a release.

Inside, the SRT sports a performance steering wheel with paddle shifters, Torqueflite t-handled shifter, wrapped pillars, and a suede headliner.

It’s available in seven flavors, including B5 Blue, Billet Clear Coat, Bruiser Gray, Dark Black, Granite, Octane Red Pearl Coat, and White Knuckle Clear Coat.

View media item 2486405

As a nice bonus, Dodge says customers who buy a 2018 Durango SRT will receive a full-day session at the Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving in Chandler, Arizona. We imagine the coffee is gratis, but the donut sessions are probably extra.

The “three-row Charger” SUV will be built at the Jefferson North Assembly Plant in Detroit and is expected to arrive at dealerships in the fourth quarter of this year

Last edited:
2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat gets Demon’s wide-body look
Viknesh Vijayenthiran

With only 3,300 destined to be built, the chances of you getting your hands on a 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon are slim, even if you can afford the car’s $86,090 price tag.

The good news is that you’ll be able to get the Demon’s sexy wide-body look on a new Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody, which doesn’t suffer from limited production.

That's right. Dodge on Tuesday announced that the 2018 Challenger SRT Hellcat will be available with a wide-body design. The starting price for the Hellcat Widebody is $72,590, which includes a $1,700 gas guzzler tax and $1,095 destination charge.

You’ll get the same pumped fenders as found on the Demon. They add a substantial 3.5 inches to the width of the standard Hellcat. More importantly, the new fenders are filed with 20x11-inch aluminum wheels shod with 305/35R20-size Pirelli P Zero tires.

2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
Sure, they’re not the 315/40R18-size Nitto drag radials fitted to the Demon, but they sure beat the skinny 275/40R20-size tires fitted to the standard Hellcat. Dodge promises improvements in lateral grip, acceleration and braking.

Some specific figures for the Hellcat Widebody include a 0-60 mph time of 3.5 seconds and a quarter-mile elapsed time of 10.9 seconds. Those figures represent improvements of 0.1 and 0.3 seconds, respectively, over the standard Hellcat. Finally, lateral skid pad grip has also increased by .04 g (0.97 g in Hellcat Widebody vs. 0.93 g in standard Hellcat).

In Dodge’s own testing on a 1.7-mile road course, the Hellcat Widebody was 2.0 seconds faster per lap than the standard Hellcat. The clocked top speed was 195 mph.

Part of the improved track times is also due to the addition of an electronic power steering system as standard. This works with the car’s driving modes selector which includes settings for Street, Sport and Track plus a Custom option that lets you dial in your own preferences. In addition to the steering, the driving modes selector also controls the power levels, transmission shift speeds, traction control and suspension settings.

Beyond the pumped fenders, the Hellcat Widebody also pickups up the Demon’s headlights with dual intakes, plus the low front splitter. Unique to the Hellcat Widebody is its vented aluminum hood and Hellcat logo badging. Other features include the now-familiar supercharged 6.2-liter V-8 good for 707 horsepower and 650 pound-feet of torque, plus a Brembo brake package. Buyers can choose from either a 6-speed manual or 8-speed automatic with paddle shifters.

Order books for the Hellcat Widebody open in July. The first examples are due in showrooms in the fall. As a bonus, buyers will also receive a one-day session at the Bob Bondurant School of High-performance Driving in Chandler, Arizona.

damn Dodge eveb selling diet demons :pimp:

$65k for a Durango :x

already seen the white SRT on the road, it was cool but for the money rather cop a Jeep SRT even then,,,

already seen the white SRT on the road, it was cool but for the money rather cop a Jeep SRT even then,,,

3rd row seating is a big deal if u got a fam full of tikes but still wanna haul ***.

3rd row seating is a big deal if u got a fam full of tikes but still wanna haul ***.
yup my girl been thinking about getting a durango to haul the fam
i was tryna talk her into a jeep but she preferred the durango

Sure but I have no problem with a regular Durango

It's a big *** SUV and the looks of the srt version aren't that great, he'll I'd drive it but lookswise all around I'd go for the jeep even with it being kinda stale now

Sure but I have no problem with a regular Durango

It's a big *** SUV and the looks of the srt version aren't that great, he'll I'd drive it but lookswise all around I'd go for the jeep even with it being kinda stale now
the SRT durango will be better in everyway except offroad

65k is fair for 3 rows and da big boy hemi

new cars are all 2x what they should cost

Performance wide the Durango SRT is better than the Jeep SRT in everyway.

Trackhawk is whole different beast though

Joint gonna be 80K

Performance wide the Durango SRT is better than the Jeep SRT in everyway.

Trackhawk is whole different beast though

Joint gonna be 80K

enlighten us

It's .4 seconds faster 0-60 and a car length faster in the quarter.

That's coming from Dodge so who knows real world but they typically underrate.
:pimp:

to add to this...

Dodge Durango SRT is much cheaper than Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
LICENSE

2018 Dodge Durango SRT | 2017 Chicago Auto Show

2018 Dodge Durango SRT Spy Photos

2017 Dodge Durango Shaker SEMA concept

Image Credit: FCA US LLC
Joel Stocksdale
Dodge has finally announced availability and pricing for the 475-horsepower Dodge Durango SRT. The Detroit-built SUV will start at $64,090 and hit dealer lots toward the end of the year. It's not a cheap SUV by any means, but you get a lot for the money: including 470 pound-feet of torque, and all-wheel-drive. Plus it has three rows of seats and can tow 8,600 pounds.

Not only that, but it's basically the best performance SUV deal from the Fiat-Chrysler group. The Grand Cherokee SRT, with the same engine, costs almost $4,000 more at $67,990. The Durango SRT outperforms the Grand Cherokee in several key areas, too. It's 0.4 seconds quicker to 60 mph and manages to break into the 12s in the quarter-mile whereas the Grand Cherokee is stuck in the mid-13-second range. The Durango can also tow an extra 1,400 pounds, has an extra row of seats, and has more maximum cargo space with the seats.

So unless you just really love the Jeep look and brand, the Durango SRT seems like the logical choice. And if either still isn't potent enough, just wait for the upcoming Grand Cherokee Trackhawk. Regardless of your choice of SRT vehicle, you'll still come away with a really powerful SUV, as well as a day of instruction at the Bob Bondurant driving school in Arizona.

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/07/07/dodge-durango-srt-pricing-official/

Gotta be honest, I don't like the widebody on the Challenger or that 300.

It fits on the Demon with the hood but looks weird everywhere else.

New 300 SRT rumors and spy videos.

looks like da one they sold here till they stopped & made it export only.

that 300 was never sold here, euro or wherever only

shocked if they bring it back to the US market.

but if they do, I'm sure they'll lease for the LOW LOW :nerd:

they did pre-refreshed.

2013_chrysler_300_srt-626x382.jpg

here's da core SRT pack (what is essentially a scat pack) 300

New 300 SRT rumors and spy videos.

looks like da one they sold here till they stopped & made it export only.

that 300 was never sold here, euro or wherever only

shocked if they bring it back to the US market.

but if they do, I'm sure they'll lease for the LOW LOW :nerd:

they did pre-refreshed.

2013_chrysler_300_srt-626x382.jpg

here's da core SRT pack (what is essentially a scat pack) 300

yea prior to the current refresh or whatever with the new grill and rear.

core was very short lived in the USA, barely any sold here in general but they were available but very limited I think no one cared for them and SRT 300 in general didn't sell well by the end hence why even with the nice refresh they didn't offer it in the US anymore, doubt it would have done well especially with how many hellcats and scat packs they made and offering them for the low, not too many would be choosing a 300 over those

just seen a 2014 SRT 300 the other day, still caught my eye :smokin :smokin :smokin

Yeah I wanted a core 392 Challenger bad. Joint came out like 5 months after I copped my R/T

But 300s don't sell anymore in any trim.

Hell the only thing Chrysler sells at a decent clip is vans.

I don't know who is buying a 300 with a 6.4 over Charger nowadays.

Yeah I wanted a core 392 Challenger bad. Joint came out like 5 months after I copped my R/T

But 300s don't sell anymore in any trim.

Hell the only thing Chrysler sells at a decent clip is vans.

I don't know who is buying a 300 with a 6.4 over Charger nowadays.

honestly if cheap, id take one :lol:

I have the current 300 and id whip that with a 6.4 but doesn't help now they got regular 300 now with the SRT appearance package with spoiler and front end as shown in those spy pictures :smh:

Back
Top Bottom