Official Depression thread

The good thing is that it doesn't have to be permanent, you can change your frame of mind, it'll just take work, stay up bruh.
Thanks my dude words like these lets me know that there are still humble people in this world and that's rare nowadays...O appreciate it..

567113716.098873.jpg

I bought some bud (in Canada) it's 0.5-0.7% thc

But you made a valid point about testing depending on your line of work

Just got back from Toronto homie....
Man that Cafe Dispensary was bogus as hell...:rofl:
But yea they edibles were on point

Life in the south is extra depressing right now.. It’s like you’re trapped with no way out.
Colorism feels like it’s at an all time high. IDK some days it’s like why even bother. Even when you pull yourself up.. there’s people right behind you dragging you down with them

IDK.. I was taking this AA studies class and was having a discussion with a DR. What can you do when life is a lost cost

If you live in the past you're depressed

If you live in the future you're anxious

Be present

Or something like that

This is facts . Don’t dwell on **** in the past rather it’s good or bad. Don’t think too much about the bull**** ahead of you. Just live life man, live for today. This is something that really got me out of my slump.

Last year I lost everything money, car, house , clothes , father got super sick , business planned on opening didn’t open . A couple weeks ago was 1 step away from getting paid to go to coding school and having a job set up at the end of the 14 weeks but didn’t get it.

I did Something I dont ever do ... read

Reading has helped me out so much man . When you read something and you see how it applies to your life or how you can apply it ,the feeling is great.

The seven spiritual laws of success and 4 agreements really helped me get out of the funk . Really helped me see what type of person I need to Be and let me know not to worry about that past ****.

I’m still down financially but I know what I have to do to get it all back. I also Realized I cared way too much about certain material things . I’m comfortable with myself now (definitely still working at it) and know what I need to do to get everything I could Ask for and get back on track.

This is facts . Don’t dwell on **** in the past rather it’s good or bad. Don’t think too much about the bull**** ahead of you. Just live life man, live for today. This is something that really got me out of my slump.

Last year I lost everything money, car, house , clothes , father got super sick , business planned on opening didn’t open . A couple weeks ago was 1 step away from getting paid to go to coding school and having a job set up at the end of the 14 weeks but didn’t get it.

I did Something I dont ever do ... read

Reading has helped me out so much man . When you read something and you see how it applies to your life or how you can apply it ,the feeling is great.

The seven spiritual laws of success and 4 agreements really helped me get out of the funk . Really helped me see what type of person I need to Be and let me know not to worry about that past ****.

I’m still down financially but I know what I have to do to get it all back. I also Realized I cared way too much about certain material things . I’m comfortable with myself now (definitely still working at it) and know what I need to do to get everything I could Ask for and get back on track.

Sorry for your struggles. Glad you bounced back. It speaks volumes about your character :nthat:

What types of books do you read? Any specific genre? I read a lot. But I'm super interested in True Crime, which probably isn't the healthiest for someone prone to sadness :lol:

Sorry for your struggles. Glad you bounced back. It speaks volumes about your character :nthat:

What types of books do you read? Any specific genre? I read a lot. But I'm super interested in True Crime, which probably isn't the healthiest for someone prone to sadness :lol:

*Mentally bounced back , financially still in the **** hole :lol: but soon come.

This is all like super current as far as starting to feel better mentally (like last few weeks). I’ve pretty much been reading self help/ spiritual books. I’ve never been and still not religious but I wanted to become more in touch with my spirituality.

7 spiritual laws of success has been my #1 and I have notes that i look At every single day and try to focus on one of the “laws” each day.

I realize a lot of ****ty stuff was happening to me because I was just being ****ty. Also realized that 99% of my depression came because I was looking back like “damn I really had Every thing and lost it” . But now I don’t even think about it and that book helps me the most.

Also any genre of anything you have interest in. I don’t see a problem with true crime . As long as it’s your get away.

I'm like 1/3 through this
Amazon product ASIN B01F293HASAnd this you can pick up and put down anytime it's like reading profiles.
Amazon product ASIN 1328994961Stay off the social media bruhs, the true knowledge is in books.

Don't stop learning

I recommend everyone cop a kindle paperwhite on discount or used one off craigslist.

You can find almost anybook on the estreets for free 99

When I was a teen I didn’t want to go to college. I told my moms that college doesn’t matter.. grades don’t matter.

Currently have a 3.9 Core gpa.. overall GPA isn’t where it should be but it’s getting there. Programming experience.. can’t even land an internship

When I was a teen I didn’t want to go to college. I told my moms that college doesn’t matter.. grades don’t matter.

Currently have a 3.9 Core gpa.. overall GPA isn’t where it should be but it’s getting there. Programming experience.. can’t even land an internship
Something to be proud of. Something I should want to strive for myself ASAP.

First time seeing a therapist today
Talked about a bunch of topics
He dug deeper, which talking to fam/friends doesn't accomplish imo
There's some bias as fam/friends prob don't want to make you uncomfortable

He was asking to meet again in a few weeks
Unsure if I should schedule another session bc of the cost (haven't hit my work insurance deductible yet)

^ If you have a good therapist, it can definitely be a great outlet. Can't speak to the cost but depending on how it made you feel afterwards, it may be worth going back

Have been making major changes to get my life in order:

- Spending more time with fam/friends
- Dedicating more time to volunteering
- Digging back into my roots/culture and learning the language
- Converting to a more fish/veg diet with less chicken and no red meat
- Getting back into lifting
- Reading more consistently
- Staying off social media
- More effort and positive thinking in everything, less thinking "what if" or "should I"
- NoFap
- No more dating birds who tell me they love me after the first date

Man...

This Christmas was the first Christmas I had to go through without speaking to my Mom and my Dad, by THEIR choice.

Haven’t spoken to my Mom in 4 years, by her choice.

Had a falling out with my Dad over a disagreement and without going into details cause it’d take forever, I’m basically seeing 2 random kids get the father I never got from him.. he was absent my whole childhood.

Idk how using this word will be viewed.. but man I honestly felt like an orphan for the first time in my life. It hurt so much because both of my parents have CHOSEN to not talk to me for the holidays.. or the new year.. or anything.

My fiancé’s family tried welcoming me as much as they could.. but seeing them during the holidays just reminded me that I don’t have any.

Man, it killed me. Broke down a few times. Had some suicidal thoughts poke around but I shut those down.. I had to write this all somewhere.

Poor girl hanged herself after leaving a goodbye post on her website. She was a dietician from SF living in NYC. No matter how many times you read about people committing suicide, it still boggles the mind. She knows she is privileged, eats good food, enjoys a soulful Al Green song, and makes eye contact with strangers. And yet- she still says peace out. Damn.

https://www.taracondell.com

Tara-Condell-suicide--960x900.jpg

A city didn't do that to anyone, don't do that. She laid out her Internal issues pretty clearly. Those who've been through depression can certainly understand the not feeling sad, nor happy, just nothing. Hope the ones do hold on though and get the right help, there's usually a way out for most people.

Going through a recent breakup. Starting to pick myself back up.

-Severely cut back on the drinking (used to be anywhere from 2-4 a night)
-started going to the gym
-taking probiotics to support mood
-cleaned up my diet (replacing all starchy carbs with vegetables, cutting back on fast food)
-drinking a gallon of water a day
-intermittent fasting (feel like this is a big one for me. Helped regulate my insulin levels which helped me control hunger, the itis, cravings. Mental clarity at an all time high)
-started reading more
-making sure I get to bed at a consistent time so I get at least 8 hours of QUALITY sleep

Keep grinding y’all. I typically don’t have mental health issues but this breakup had me dealing with anxiety, no eating, no sleeping. I really can’t imagine what it’s like to struggle with it daily. My PMs are always open if ANYONE needs anything

A city didn't do that to anyone, don't do that. She laid out her Internal issues pretty clearly. Those who've been through depression can certainly understand the not feeling sad, nor happy, just nothing. Hope the ones do hold on though and get the right help, there's usually a way out for most people.
Doug Stanhope's scene in Louie is probably the most succinct, accurate portrayal of what depression is for a lot of people. It's not feeling sad all the time, it's not caring about anything and finding no meaning or enjoyment anymore.

It’s official. I have to learn to live my life with both of my parents opting out of it.

As I said, moms stopped speaking to me 4 years ago. Despite repeated attempts to mend things, she wants nothing to do with me.

Now I sent my dad a letter with all the stuff he missed out on growing up.. my first fight. Learning to shave. My experiences with girls. My suicide attempt. He missed it all and we never talked about it. To some, it may seem childish or not needed. But to me, I thought it may have helped bridge the mental gap I have to him. I don’t entirely feel like he’s my father in the traditional sense. People just tell me and he says he loves me but.. I don’t really know it as a truth in my mind, mentally.

So anyways I sent the letter, texted him to let him know that I sent him something and to just let me know when he gets it.

He responds back saying he won’t be disrespected, he won’t open it if I’m not there, and that I disowned my mom and am now choosing to have issues with my dad.. which is backwards.

The letter was my way of trying when everything in me told me to run and leave to not be damaged again like I was with my mom. But his response prompted me to text him to throw it out if he wanted. I don’t need him.. never have, never will. It’s his choice what to do with it and if we speak after that.

He never responded. I got my answer.

Let’s keep our heads up, NT.. be happy to see the light every morning.

Update : DA’s office rejected my case , they never filed and it’s been sent back to the police station . Not sure if I’m off the hook completely , but I have a good feeling many of the BS charges will be dropped .

Found out last week . Trying my best to keep this positivity flowing while ignoring energy vampires . Feeling 1000% better , tomorrow marks 1 year of sobriety for me . Gonna get this damn ankle monitor off in the AM & go bowling with my fiancée after . Being sober was cool and all , but ngl - I can’t wait to smoke bud again . Gonna take it easy and stay on the right path so I can run damage control whenever life happens to bite .

Thanks for all those kind posts two months ago .
Gonna do everything I can to make these dreams come true

Anyone ever get really depressed after binge drinking? Had to go to a bachelor party over the weekend and got sucked into drinking heavily and it definitely took its toll on me :smh:

Anyone ever get really depressed after binge drinking? Had to go to a bachelor party over the weekend and got sucked into drinking heavily and it definitely took its toll on me :smh:
Alcohol is a depressant bro. Especially when you overdo it.

Get some vitamins in you, either through healthy food or pop a few Centrum multivitamins. Have some fish today (Omega-3).

Back
Top Bottom