Official Depression thread

My birthday is next month. Surprised I lived this long. Had some hard partying years and was a wild boy. Been feeling extremely down the past few weeks. Hopefully finding a new job, getting healthier, and this nice weather brings me up.

Didn't truly hit me that I was depressed till this weekend. Ex and I officially broke up about 6 months ago and she started dating someone but I had sabotaged it long before that so i accepted it. Told me this weekend she's getting married and it's hitting way harder than I thought it would. It was like a Thanos snap, but it gave me this moment of clarity out of this fog i've been in where I realize it's time to start actively digging out of it or something this heavy will pull me further down and hold me there for a long time. It felt sudden but it really wasn't, but because I was just running on auto-pilot so to me it seems like it was, like I just woke up from a couple years sleep.

Alcohol is a depressant bro. Especially when you overdo it.

Get some vitamins in you, either through healthy food or pop a few Centrum multivitamins. Have some fish today (Omega-3).

Oh no question. I was just wondering if anyone else has the same experience when they drink.

I drank a bottle of pedialyte, slept for 12 hours and made sure to eat whole foods.

Anyone tried CBD oil for depression?

I tried it. Personally it didn't do much for me. I'm sure everyone's mileage varies though. I've heard of people having good experiences with it.

I'm really sensitive to any type of substance, so it sort of just made me a little drowsy. That would be okay in theory, but I like to work out a lot to battle depression and anxiety and that drowsy feeling doesn't really jive with the gym.

TBH I’m past the point of depression.. it’s like there’s a level where you don’t care about anything anymore as long as I keep busy enough not to think about things..

I don’t even get sad anymore...

Hey NT, hope yall had a good day today.

This is one of my favorite threads because it’s real, raw, and no bs. I battle depression myself and just want to let you know that these posts don’t fall on deaf ears.

Hope tomorrow is a good day for you too

Hey, this too is also one of my favorite threads, I was going through a lot of stuff these past 6-8 months, from having to pack my stuff (living in OK) and move back to my parents (Seattle) cause of no jobs, me and the GF going through things, to find a good kick*** job in DFW and gave the GF the ultimatum if she still wants to work things out.

One that helped me a lot was listening to Podcast, Lewis Howse is a good podcast to listen to, he has a lot of people come in and talk about their problems and how they overcome them. I remember terry cruz was on there and was talking about how ashamed he was about his addiction and him cheating on his wife. He has a book out "mask of masculinity"
got really good reviews, going to order that soon. I encourage everyone to at least try listing up to some self-help podcast while on the road, stuck in traffic or while you're on the tridmill, cause it helped me a lot! You don't know how many people is this world that's going through the same problems as you are, it might not be the same but, you could somewhat relate to what they're talking about.

-Podcast Lewis Howse

I compare my depression to how Kyrie will sometimes “ghost” people. That’s how I am, sometimes I just wanna be alone from everyone.

This is why I try not to judge athletes and celebrities who have "episodes" when the media is pouring it on them. Just because they are seemingly well off doesn't make them immune from these afflictions.

I compare my depression to how Kyrie will sometimes “ghost” people. That’s how I am, sometimes I just wanna be alone from everyone.
I know this far to well, this been me my whole life since I was like 6, I get that mood to not wanna talk and be alone. Even remember back then people saying “it’ll get better, be positive” :lol:...... but it don’t get better just learn to deal with it more as time goes.

I used to smile a lot and keep it pushing but life even found a way to take that from me lol with bell pasly so I can’t even fake be happy anymore either.

Nothing changes if nothing changes.

Gotta change routines and lifestyles, easier said than done but if we don't well forever be depressed and in a darkplace.

Find something(s) or someone that makes you happy and you enjoy doing or being with/around. It'll brighten your mood for sure.

Just need to decide that today's the last day of the BS and go out and do it

This may help some of y’all

1 year free subscription to Calm

Have been making major changes to get my life in order:

- Spending more time with fam/friends
- Dedicating more time to volunteering
- Digging back into my roots/culture and learning the language
- Converting to a more fish/veg diet with less chicken and no red meat
- Getting back into lifting
- Reading more consistently
- Staying off social media
- More effort and positive thinking in everything, less thinking "what if" or "should I"
- NoFap
- No more dating birds who tell me they love me after the first date

Screen snapped this. I can apply this to my own life.

Didn't truly hit me that I was depressed till this weekend. Ex and I officially broke up about 6 months ago and she started dating someone but I had sabotaged it long before that so i accepted it. Told me this weekend she's getting married and it's hitting way harder than I thought it would. It was like a Thanos snap, but it gave me this moment of clarity out of this fog i've been in where I realize it's time to start actively digging out of it or something this heavy will pull me further down and hold me there for a long time. It felt sudden but it really wasn't, but because I was just running on auto-pilot so to me it seems like it was, like I just woke up from a couple years sleep.

I have wasted my 30s (34) dwelling on lost connections so I feel you.

Every morning I have to remind myself we have ONE of these.

So I live each day according.

Or at least I try.

Time flies fanb.

Yeah doing a better job of it now or still trying to, just takes time. It's almost like reprogramming your brain to think of something else every time it wants to dwell on things you can't change.

Yeah doing a better job of it now or still trying to, just takes time. It's almost like reprogramming your brain to think of something else every time it wants to dwell on things you can't change.

It's funny because it does take time but time is all we have a d it's lost so quick.

Time is a double bladed sword.

So recently i've been dealing with some heavy depression and idk if it's because of covid or just ish in general but i've lashed out on numerous people all but my roommate. I've gotten to the point i've wanted to shoot my brother, gotten to the point i've wanted to literally curse two women out for how foolish and stupid they were. Hell I've even wanted to go back and forth with my supervisor a few times. But every time now at night even when I moved out on my own i feel empty and as if I've let myself down constantly. I've been trying my hardest to get back into focusing on my career but it's like every time my depression and feelings get in the way. I've tried venting to a few people but they criticize me if anything so it's been difficult to get this off my chest.

I don’t really talk about my feelings and the people I talk to, I don’t really talk about it all. I’ve found shows like 13 reasons why, euphoria, and Rick and morty help. I relate to a lot of the characters cause some of it is how I actually feel.

Back
Top Bottom