**official DEXTER thread** Season 6 starts oct 2nd on showtime** TONIGHT**1 HOUR 30 MINS**

Anytime anyone says 'If you think that, go read what other people say', it always comes off to me as 'I know how to change your opinion. Go read other people's opinions who will tell you what to think.'

Nah, I'm good.

I like it, reputable critics and popular opinion be damned.

Anytime anyone says 'If you think that, go read what other people say', it always comes off to me as 'I know how to change your opinion. Go read other people's opinions who will tell you what to think.'

Nah, I'm good.

I like it, reputable critics and popular opinion be damned.
Congrats, if you think season 5-8 is good television then you're entitled to your opinion; I think it sucks though.

My dude, Freeze.

I'm with you. Grabbed a couple more episodes of S8 today. Totally feeling it.

Last edited:
Yeah other people r clowning. Enjoy the process. People living in their yelp and rottentomatoes realities r more about thinking they have good taste than appreciating what is out there

Yeah other people r clowning. Enjoy the process. People living in their yelp and rottentomatoes realities r more about thinking they have good taste than appreciating what is out there
Whenever someone criticizes a show it doesn't mean they think their taste is better than others or that they are living in a Yelp / rotten tomatoes reality. This a discussion board and opinions vary. It's just that the sentiment was shared by people who critic show writing as well. Imo there was absolutely nothing enjoyable about the remaining 4 seasons of Dexter. I; like many show watchers stuck with it hoping things would change because the first four seasons were so good.

Last few seasons were garbage. Sucks that a great show like that struggled to the end.

Why, though? I can tell... and have started to touch on... why I think it's awesome.

All I'm getting, though, is 'It's terrible. Stop now. Pure trash. Steaming garbage.'

Why?

"Because everyone says so."

It's the same thing when people jump on the 'Dude, you just have to read the book to know how the movie sucked.'

How?

'It just does. Everyone knows that.'

Or some shhhh regurgitated from some other site. 'This character was supposed to marry that character. That dog didn't even exist. It was so rushed at some parts, unlike the book... then focused too much on other parts that weren't important. The book didn't do that.'

And the entire opinion brought to me courtesy of TMZ.

Last edited:
showtime ruins all the shows I love. Caifornication, Weeds, and Dexter. I heard Shameless is still going atrong though.

Their writing started to decline and got bad because I thought so, not because other nt'ers said so. Outta here with that we just say it to agree with everyone else. Go to the dexter season threads and read people's reactions as the episodes aired.

Nah b. Where is CP to make sense of this? He was the one I recall trusting in the show rebounding (from Trinity) the most.

We were all watching the show weekly in those last 2 seasons. He kept saying hold on, I got an idea how this will epically end. Had the final season telegraphed for the most part. I remember being shaky on the writers having any kind of vision in how to end this.

Then they sprang this Deb wants to hang Dexter actually helps him commit murder or facilitate it and they bring in this mother of Dexter's psychopathy lameness. Then that finale :x

Even CP had to admit it was a dumpster fire. People talk about LOST's ending but to me Dexter was far more disappointing.

Cuz it wasn't good Ska. It wasn't good.

Last edited:
[quote name="Master Zik"]Nah b. Where is CP to make sense of this? He was the one I recall trusting in the show rebounding (from Trinity) the most.[/quote]Rebound from Trinity? That was AWESOME!!! :lol: Like I was hooked all the way in from that Trinity era.

What was... bad about that? That was so believable, and that's the thing I keep looking at scene to scene, episode to episode, season to season, and overall. How would this play out if it were real?

In the family dynamic of that Trinity Killer, the season 4 finale, man, I thought that was on point, thought it was constructed beautifully. [quote name="Master Zik"]Then they sprang this Deb wants to hang Dexter actually helps him commit murder or facilitate it[/quote]That's where I'm at right now, and like I said, this is exactly, like EXACTLY how I thought Deb would react if she ever found out. I thought about this so many times during the show, and the show is doing exactly what I thought to her. She would be completely crushed it first, go through all the different stages of grief, blame him, hate him, but ultimately stick by him. Like that's exactly what I thought would happen. I love it. [quote name="Master Zik"]and they bring in this mother of Dexter's psychopathy lameness.[/quote]Nah, again, I love that angle. Like I said earlier, it's like Dexter is talking to Harry, who helped create him... Accept it's not a figment of his imagination, but a real, live person. And again, from a make-believe world of studios and scripts, what they have done with her is totally believable.

I'm right at the point where I think she is exiting stage left, though. They just killed the guy who captured her, and then it was time for football in this house. :lol:[quote name="Master Zik"]Then that finale :x

Even CP had to admit it was a dumpster fire. People talk about LOST's ending but to me Dexter was far more disappointing.[/quote] haven't seen the finale, yet. Still have a few more episodes, so try not to spoil it. I know it's been, what? 4 years? :lol:

Last edited:
Why, though? I can tell... and have started to touch on... why I think it's awesome.

All I'm getting, though, is 'It's terrible. Stop now. Pure trash. Steaming garbage.'

Why?

"Because everyone says so."

It's the same thing when people jump on the 'Dude, you just have to read the book to know how the movie sucked.'

How?

'It just does. Everyone knows that.'

Or some shhhh regurgitated from some other site. 'This character was supposed to marry that character. That dog didn't even exist. It was so rushed at some parts, unlike the book... then focused too much on other parts that weren't important. The book didn't do that.'

And the entire opinion brought to me courtesy of TMZ.
You need to relax and just accept a majority of the watchers didn't like the last seasons, why are you arguing for? If you like it, then don't worry if we think it sucks.

Relax? That would require me being worked up, which I'm not.

Arguing? People are saying it's garbage. I'm asking why. Discussion. I don't have a problem accepting different opinions, but I have always had trouble accepting that people can't explain their opinions. Been a constant struggle, truth be told.

Relax? That would require me being worked up, which I'm not.

Arguing? People are saying it's garbage. I'm asking why. Discussion. I don't have a problem accepting different opinions, but I have always had trouble accepting that people can't explain their opinions. Been a constant struggle, truth be told.

I feel they are being harsh because the show isnt fresh in their minds. The show was good imo, and definitely worth a watch. Yeah the writing is terrible in a few seasons, and characters are added as novelty. But not to the point where the show is unrecognizable/unwatchable.

trinity killer season was a fantastic watch. it was the pinnacle of the entire run. lithgow was amazing. the season ender was like a punch in the gut. i was all in - fully invested in the show at that point. the rest of the seasons were all downhill. they did nothing to make me feel like i was rewarded for sticking with the show. the ending was absolute crap.

Last edited:
I hope you enjoy it bro. Make your own critiques. I was all in my feels man. I fully connected to dexter and deb and angelo etc. Let me know what you think of the ending. I dug it and felt it worked. I felt the same about Lost too tho. People apparently hated both :lol:

[quote name="Master Zik"]Nah b. Where is CP to make sense of this? He was the one I recall trusting in the show rebounding (from Trinity) the most.
Rebound from Trinity? That was AWESOME!!! :lol: Like I was hooked all the way in from that Trinity era.

What was... bad about that? That was so believable, and that's the thing I keep looking at scene to scene, episode to episode, season to season, and overall. How would this play out if it were real?

In the family dynamic of that Trinity Killer, the season 4 finale, man, I thought that was on point, thought it was constructed beautifully. [/quote]
I should've said rebounding after the Trinity season.

After that ppl say the show completely fell off. Many think Trinity was the show's climax.

So when it went on from there and it got to Dex finally being exposed that was suppose to be when the show got great again.

To be clear the Trinity season was great to me. I'm mainly speaking of the perceived dip in quality many claim from then on.

That's where I'm at right now, and like I said, this is exactly, like EXACTLY how I thought Deb would react if she ever found out. I thought about this so many times during the show, and the show is doing exactly what I thought to her. She would be completely crushed it first, go through all the different stages of grief, blame him, hate him, but ultimately stick by him. Like that's exactly what I thought would happen. I love it.
I'll wait until you're finished but I found it to be a joke. By then I had no hope left. That 74th season was ridiculous.

CP in particular was saying all of the final season was gonna be Dex vs. Deb :lol:

Deb finds out Dex is the bay harbor butcher, he is a super serial killer, she ******* kills for him instead and after she stops banging that lame cop that turns in to I want to **** my brother (albeit adopted)? To me the entire final season is poorer writing.

When a show runs this long, 8 seasons, it really stops being character arcs and more of a journey. They ran out of ideas for everybody surrounding Dexter. Deb especially. To me that's summed up by how things end for her. **** fizzles so poorly.

They had the introspective twists and turns for Dexter though but just simply couldn't give a satisfying conclusion.
Nah, again, I love that angle. Like I said earlier, it's like Dexter is talking to Harry, who helped create him... Accept it's not a figment of his imagination, but a real, live person. And again, from a make-believe world of studios and scripts, what they have done with her is totally believable.
I'm not talking about Harry. That all cool. I'm talking about the final season and the "mother" of the code Harry teaches Dex.

Harry was a real live person all of Dexter's childhood teaching him the code. We saw that in flashbacks. He only becomes the appearance of his dark passenger get after he dies. Bringing in this old *** woman that he has no emotional ties to at all was just useless to me. Oh what's this plot device Harry had help making the code? Well what does a seasoned serial killer like Dexter who abides by the code at that point need her for after he already went through ALL of the key struggles? We really interested in if he can really have a family and kill? Trinity showed him that. Besides writers jettisoned any children he'd actually have to raise anyway. He did not need that old lady at all and you'll see why by the end. She added nothing.

To me they ran out of ideas. Tackled certain things too early. Dex and his struggle with his dark passenger being Harry and then his brother should've been later, maybe the focus of the final season. Have the Mos Def stuff stay where it was though.

This whole I worked with Harry on the concept of this and I'm an expert on psychopaths but I have a son I completely failed is trash. Took away from the focus of Dexter sand Deb, Deb knowing his secret, just tucking away Laguerta's death. There was no justice there when **** should be hit the fan. Then bringing back sexy blond poison lady.

The writing just got really poor and you could just tell they ran out of ideas. Then the plot was just rehash and warmed up garbage.

Dexter should've at least been facing a real ******* threat on top of personal crisis as he had to make some big choice for the end.
haven't seen the finale, yet. Still have a few more episodes, so try not to spoil it. I know it's been, what? 4 years? :lol:
Yeah I'm hazy on details so I won't even try.

Saving grace of that final season was Jamie sex scenes :evil:

Last edited:
i enjoyed the ending of lost :lol:

as did I, that's literally the only show that's get the "it's about the Jpurney" pass from me, just because the amount of storytelling and character development and acting continued to be top notch, can't like or hate all the endings so that's a show I never really argue with people about it

Last edited:
Im planning to watch lost again soon. Who's trying to relive it with me

This could be interesting. I binge watched Seasons 1-5 then live watched Season 6. I think it could be good to re-watch and relive the experience

Im planning to watch lost again soon. Who's trying to relive it with me

This could be interesting. I binge watched Seasons 1-5 then live watched Season 6. I think it could be good to re-watch and relive the experience

I'm telling you bro. Its a completely different dynamic when you watch stuff once. Then watch it again later in life as youve aged more and had more experiences. I'm excited to start it again. We need to get a group together to watch then talk about it from our current point of views. Gonna be extra lit this go round.

Eh, I've already rewatched seasons 1-4 a bunch of times. Thats how good LOST was. 6 is just a long wrap up that isn't as good but not horrible.

They just hyped the ending to an insane degree they could never deliver on since they wanted to say no fan theory was right.

The main answers simply didn't satisfy.

Back
Top Bottom