Official District 9 Movie Post

I have a question, but I'll throw it in the spoiler...

Spoiler [+]
so I've been reading various sites on the movie, and there are some rumblings that Christopher at one time MAY have been a human. Someone noticed that his eye sockets of all things seem very "human-like." Going off of the Christopher/human theory, he was bleeding when he was getting beaten by the soldier towards the end of the movie. I can't remember off hand, but did any of the other aliens bleed when injured?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Spoiler [+]
so I've been reading various sites on the movie, and there are some rumblings that Christopher at one time MAY have been a human. Someone noticed that his eye sockets of all things seem very "human-like." Going off of the Christopher/human theory, he was bleeding when he was getting beaten by the soldier towards the end of the movie. I can't remember off hand, but did any of the other aliens bleed when injured?
main character was bleeding when he cut his tentacle. Also, why would he refer to them as his people then, and the fact that he had a son... orcould operate the alien ships and things. too many things make that theory impossible.

Originally Posted by sn00pee

Spoiler [+]
main character was bleeding when he cut his tentacle. Also, why would he refer to them as his people then, and the fact that he had a son... or could operate the alien ships and things. too many things make that theory impossible.
Spoiler [+]
Main character was also a human. I don't think the theory is too far-fetched....Remember, Wikus was able to operate all the weaponry with NO problems (remember when he had the suit on) within 72 hours after being exposed to that goo in the vial. Christopher Johnson had been held captive for 20+ years in South Africa...I think it's plausible that at one point in his life (not just in District 9) he may have been human....not to mention the movie never stated if the Aliens had been to Earth at another time before being stranded in SA.

Im sure this was answered in this thread. But what caused the guy to morph into the alien?

Spoiler [+]
main character was bleeding when he cut his tentacle. Also, why would he refer to them as his people then, and the fact that he had a son... or could operate the alien ships and things. too many things make that theory impossible.
Spoiler [+]
Main character was also a human. I don't think the theory is too far-fetched....Remember, Wikus was able to operate all the weaponry with NO problems (remember when he had the suit on) within 72 hours after being exposed to that goo in the vial. Christopher Johnson had been held captive for 20+ years in South Africa...I think it's plausible that at one point in his life (not just in District 9) he may have been human....not to mention the movie never stated if the Aliens had been to Earth at another time before being stranded in SA.

I did notice the difference between christopher and the other aliens but I assumed that it was a sutble difference in order for the viewer
to feel more connection or empathy with the character. Or perhaps characteristics of the more "intelligent" of their species.
Overall I was very impressed with the film, can see it becoming a cult classic !
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
Spoiler [+]
I'm thinking he was one of the original aliens since he knew a lot about the ships and their home planet (when he was talking to his son).

Originally Posted by kevin2nd

Awesome movie....I was DYING when they brought up the Nigerians scamming the Aliens...

i was the only one in the theater laughing at this part
mad.gif
Only me, and my friend who lurks on here busted out at that part.
laugh.gif

This was better than I expected as well. The Nigerians reminded me of the Africans in Resident Evil 5 for some reason

Also, as far as Christopher's "son," it was never explained if it was his ACTUAL child....for all we know his son could have been some orphanfrom D9 that he took in....

Two reasons which made the movie not all that for me
- documentary type
- the aliens.
alien.gif
what the +@*% kind of aliens were those?

and I was
pimp.gif
too.

^ Yes, it was explained when they first raided Christopher's home.

the aliens.
alien.gif

It's an alien...what do you want it to look like?
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Apolloburningstar

My only 2 gripes were why the "prawns" didnt use their advanced technology to their advantage, and how smart the young "prawn" was. or maybe...that there were seemingly only 2 smart prawns out of millions?
1.They where drones. They couldnt think for them selves they where like ants whitout there queen.

2. Well christopher was one off the smarter prawns they even say it when there trying to evict em. Im think he taught his son alot of there home world and the ship. like an emergancy plan if something went wrong the lil kid would know what to do.

I really enjoyed this movie i dont why some people didnt dig it but to each there own. This is the movie of the year for me it had me
eek.gif
. After the movie all i was thinking was dam imagine what couldve been if he wouldve done halo instead.
eek.gif

Same here man, %$@ breaks my heart
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sherwin100s

Originally Posted by Apolloburningstar

My only 2 gripes were why the "prawns" didnt use their advanced technology to their advantage, and how smart the young "prawn" was. or maybe...that there were seemingly only 2 smart prawns out of millions?
1.They where drones. They couldnt think for them selves they where like ants whitout there queen.

2. Well christopher was one off the smarter prawns they even say it when there trying to evict em. Im think he taught his son alot of there home world and the ship. like an emergancy plan if something went wrong the lil kid would know what to do.

I really enjoyed this movie i dont why some people didnt dig it but to each there own. This is the movie of the year for me it had me
eek.gif
. After the movie all i was thinking was dam imagine what couldve been if he wouldve done halo instead.
eek.gif
Same here man, %$@ breaks my heart
laugh.gif

Originally, Neill Blomkamp was contacted by Peter Jackson to direct Halo, a film based on the video game series of the same name. When this project did not turn out due to internal disagreements between Fox, Universal and Microsoft, Jackson and those involved felt obligated to give Blomkamp financial support and a chance to direct another film, and it was decided that the short film Alive in Joburg could be expanded into a feature instead.[sup][3][/sup] According to Jackson, District 9 was born "the day Halo [the film] died."
What could have been...

Originally Posted by CE0 Mal

^ Yes, it was explained when they first raided Christopher's home.

the aliens.
alien.gif

It's an alien...what do you want it to look like?
indifferent.gif

They explained his son? I must have missed that....what was it again?

They explained his son? I must have missed that....what was it again?

When they first came to Christopher's home, Wikus threatened to take his son.

Wikus - "Is this your boy?"
Christopher - "Yes, that's my child."
Wikus - "You see these living conditions, this isn't suitable for a child. I will take your boy if you don't sign this eviction notice."
Christopher - "He's my son, you will not take my son."

And it's also mentioned multiple times by Wikus.

Back
Top Bottom