**Official Dr. Dre Compton: A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre Thread **Album Out Now**

Damn just heard Genocide...

Will listen to the rest of the album today. Also gotta spin that new Spitta.

Love getting new good music.

Solid album. Maybe I was expecting more cause its Dr. Dre but it wasn't great or anything like that. Stretch Armstrong reaching on the EM verse. It was good but dude feel off long long time ago and his delivery is beyond trash now.

I didn't say it couldn't sound modern and I didn't say everything has to be a west coast beat. Kids won't care about this in week or two. The project just sounds like dre didn't do much on it but rally up the features. It doesn't sound like he had a hand in anything, just had some young cats pick the beats and write verses for him to recite so he "sounds" appealing to the younger crowd. There's definitely some good songs on here and I don't think it's trash but I don't feel anything listening to it which will make it forgettable.

I didn't say that you said that either. And didn't have a hand in anything? It obviously sounds like he made every beat or had a hand in it. I am even sure with the Premo beat, he added his own spin on it. If anything, he did nothing but have his hand in it.

I do believe this could be a one sided album. This in fact isn't the 90's no more where music was represented by only a few artist. I know the West Coast will back it but it's always hard to know if other coasts will appreciate it as much. But regardless of whatever, it really is just a good rap album. Like I remember when Freddie Gibbs and Mad Lib put out their album. Regardless if people still spin it today, that was just a good album that was critically received.

Another thing, the sound of the album doesn't even sound like an updated west coast sound it sounds experimental with a bunch of angry west coast people :lol: some of the beats sound inspired by **** outside of compton/cali. I guess I just expected more after hearing that this is Dre's last album, hearing what it's named after, and what the tracklisting looks like on paper as opposed to what I heard.

I didn't say it couldn't sound modern and I didn't say everything has to be a west coast beat. Kids won't care about this in week or two. The project just sounds like dre didn't do much on it but rally up the features. It doesn't sound like he had a hand in anything, just had some young cats pick the beats and write verses for him to recite so he "sounds" appealing to the younger crowd. There's definitely some good songs on here and I don't think it's trash but I don't feel anything listening to it which will make it forgettable.

I didn't say that you said that either. And didn't have a hand in anything? It obviously sounds like he made every beat or had a hand in it. I am even sure with the Premo beat, he added his own spin on it. If anything, he did nothing but have his hand in it.

It doesn't sound like Dre made the beats at all :lol: doesn't even sound like Dre worked on the verses with the people writing them for him like he use to either. It sounds like they knocked this album out in 2 months.

Last edited:
Another thing, the sound of the album doesn't even sound like an updated west coast sound it sounds experimental with a bunch of angry west coast people :lol: some of the beats sound inspired by **** outside of compton/cali. I guess I just expected more after hearing that this is Dre's last album, hearing what it's named after, and what the tracklisting looks like on paper as opposed to what I heard.

Yeah, first beat was some trap **** caught me off guard had to check my phone and make sure this was a dre album. He tried to mix in some west coast in it but overall it sounds more modern. Ain't mad tho.

Yeah, first beat was some trap **** caught me off guard had to check my phone and make sure this was a dre album. He tried to mix in some west coast in it but overall it sounds more modern. Ain't mad tho.

RIGHT, I'm not mad either I was just supporting my initial thought of the album. I've missed Dre like everybody else and I can bump this album (copping in stores) but I ain't overlooking **** :lol:

It's 15 years past 2001, we ain't never getting that sound back. And to be honest it needs to stay in the past, because I don't know if anyone has heard that new Warren G stuff where he's still holding on to the G-funk era and it's boo-boo. And he was a main contributor when Dre was really ballin' on Death Row. So I'm happy to hear something new and different. I wish D.O.C. would have written more on this, but Kendrick is his main dude now so I get it. But either way this album bangs. Not the album to go out on like I said before, but neither was The Black Album and we all know what Jay did after that.

The black album is better than any album Jay has made since coming out of "retirement" :lol: only American gangster was good. It was a great album and would have been a hell of a last album.

Last edited:
"You scared of my heist now, But still I got enemies giving me energy I wanna fight now/ Subliminally sent to me all of this hate/ I thought I was holding the mic down". -Darkside/Gone

"M*********** know I started from the bottom" and "They liable to bury him, they nominated six to carry him/ They worrying him to death, but he's no vegetarian/ The beef is on his breath, inheriting the drama better than/ A great white, n****, this is life in my aquarium". -Deep Water

:nerd:

Last edited:
Lol dre didnt do any of these beats and he doesnt rap.

Jay z wrote still dre, royce da 5'9 wrote most of 2001.

Snoop n cube did his earlier verses and now k.dot is doing the work plus prolly em and still royce.

Dude was my idol until i found out what he really does nowadays
So a BILILIONAIRE from COMPTON is no longer your idol? OK

Last edited:
It doesn't sound like Dre made the beats at all :lol: doesn't even sound like Dre worked on the verses with the people writing them for him like he use to either. It sounds like they knocked this album out in 2 months.

I am trying to find a authentic tracklisting and only saw on wikipedia which isn't always up to date with things. Looks like he either produced it or co produced it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compton_(album)

It's 15 years past 2001, we ain't never getting that sound back. And to be honest it needs to stay in the past, because I don't know if anyone has heard that new Warren G stuff where he's still holding on to the G-funk era and it's boo-boo. And he was a main contributor when Dre was really ballin' on Death Row. So I'm happy to hear something new and different. I wish D.O.C. would have written more on this, but Kendrick is his main dude now so I get it. But either way this album bangs. Not the album to go out on like I said before, but neither was The Black Album and we all know what Jay did after that.

I agree as well. Dre would set himself up for failure if he went back to a retro sound. He needed to adapt in his own way. I think that is the reason why young kids look at the "old heads" as primitive as they are just because they don't adapt. I think considering Dre did a decent job. He got the one young west coast guy and the necessary people we wanted to hear him with ie Snoop, Game, etc.

Is there anyplace else besides Apple Music that I can stream this from? I'm at work and can't download itunes on the computer.

I'm in the minority, but I liked Cube's verse on Issues. Also, still salty there is no Ren, still may be in the minority on that one as well, and I would love an actual physical copy from a major retail store because I still collect CD's, still in the minority on that one as well, I'll show myself out.

Back
Top Bottom