**Official Dr. Dre Compton: A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre Thread **Album Out Now**

Will check it out later.

I'm preparing to be disappointed b/c my expectations for a Dr. Dre album are incredibly high. And rightfully so. Especially since I had to wait 16 years for another Dre album.

I'm 25 now. This is kinda crazy lol.

"You scared of my heist now, But still I got enemies giving me energy I wanna fight now/ Subliminally sent to me all of this hate/ I thought I was holding the mic down". -Darkside/Gone

"M*********** know I started from the bottom" and "They liable to bury him, they nominated six to carry him/ They worrying him to death, but he's no vegetarian/ The beef is on his breath, inheriting the drama better than/ A great white, n****, this is life in my aquarium". -Deep Water

nerd.gif
He really want it. 

I gotta get home and listen to this album though. 

Will check it out later.

I'm preparing to be disappointed b/c my expectations for a Dr. Dre album are incredibly high. And rightfully so. Especially since I had to wait 16 years for another Dre album.

I'm 25 now. This is kinda crazy lol.
U was 9 bumpin 2001?

I'm in the minority, but I liked Cube's verse on Issues. Also, still salty there is no Ren, still may be in the minority on that one as well, and I would love an actual physical copy from a major retail store because I still collect CD's, still in the minority on that one as well, I'll show myself out.

I liked Cube's verse.
I wish Ren was on it, as well as Tha Dogg Pound
I still buy CDs. After one listen, I'm not buying this. Need to play it a few more times and then we'll see.
Ended up playing 2001 two times today.

I'm in the minority, but I liked Cube's verse on Issues. Also, still salty there is no Ren, still may be in the minority on that one as well, and I would love an actual physical copy from a major retail store because I still collect CD's, still in the minority on that one as well, I'll show myself out.

Cube was going in. What did yall think of Snoop on the album? He sounded lowkey hungry.

I liked Cube's verse.
I still buy CDs. After one listen, I'm not buying this. Need to play it a few more times and then we'll see.
Ended up playing 2001 two times today.
Yeah, I'm like if this is your "Magnum Opus" and you're done, why not have the players who helped you get to this point, Tha Dogg Pound/Rage/Ren would've been dope and nostalgic on some of these tracks, but hey, it what it is, and I will buy just to have the "complete library" but it will always feel incomplete to me and it will feel like it's missing something.

It's 15 years past 2001, we ain't never getting that sound back. And to be honest it needs to stay in the past, because I don't know if anyone has heard that new Warren G stuff where he's still holding on to the G-funk era and it's boo-boo. And he was a main contributor when Dre was really ballin' on Death Row. So I'm happy to hear something new and different. I wish D.O.C. would have written more on this, but Kendrick is his main dude now so I get it. But either way this album bangs. Not the album to go out on like I said before, but neither was The Black Album and we all know what Jay did after that.

The Black Album is one of Jay's best albums. Top three for most. IMO, number two.

And I don't know about a retro sound, when it can be his sound. Premo mostly does Premo. Same with Pete Rock.

IMO it's better to do what you're great at. Because at 50, is Dre going to create a new sound fro hip hop?

Last edited:
I like to have every album of certain artists so I agree. It still bothers me I didn't buy Em's last two albums but I couldn't. They were so bad. This one wasn't good enough to buy but I gotta listen a few times this weekend and decide.

The Black Album is one of Jay's best albums. Top three for most. IMO, number two.

And I don't know about a retro sound, when it can be his sound. Premo mostly does Premo. Same with Pete Rock.

IMO it's better to do what you're great at. Because at 50, is Dre going to create a new sound fro hip hop
?

Totally agree

At least have Kurupt on it. Dogg Pound as a group was more of a Snoop thing.

Surprised Ren is getting so love on here. Never was a fan really. Would have been dope to hear D.O.C. on the album. His No One Can Do It Better album is so dope. It was like a West Coast Public Enemy album with Dre's production.

My video I shot when I saw Dogg Pound years back of my favorite song from them. Kurupt is seriously one of the best with sort of a East Coast style. K-U-R-U-P-T...PAY ME!

IMO it's better to do what you're great at. Because at 50, is Dre going to create a new sound fro hip hop?

repped

that classic West Coast sound is the sound he invented he has made/produced plenty of songs after 2001 that still have that Dre sound with out being dated

^^^ I know that ijs yo math aint addin up if u 25 now as u claim and copped it in 1999 that would had made  9 not 11 as u said..

Back
Top Bottom