**Official Dr. Dre Compton: A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre Thread **Album Out Now**

I hate that half the time I can't even pick out Dre on a song because he sounds so much like someone else.

Production is on point, lyrics are good. For some reason it just doesn't feel like the successor to The Chronic and 2001. Feels completely different.

I didn't like the album on first listen, but a few songs grew on me since then.

it's supposed to be different. it's not the follow up to any of those albums. notice how he scrapped Detox.
I guess that makes sense...just doesn't feel like a Dre album to me, though. Dre has a very distinct sound and voice, and I feel like I didn't get that out of this album.

Can't call it a Dre album and expect us not to see it as a follow up to Chronic and 2001.

First time hearing it and I like this album..it sounds fresh and has a different sound to it than previous Dre albums :smokin

My goodness dre sounds terrible on this album, the voice inflictions and cadences are so forced.

Took me to long to bump this.

Animals is HARD.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Album is hardddd, cats can't get over the fact that it's not what they wanted from dre, still a solid album overall
Completely agree.

Album is hardddd, cats can't get over the fact that it's not what they wanted from dre, still a solid album overall

This

This, Sean Price and Scarface in a month, it's been a good end of summer for me

Last edited:
Been through a handful more listens and love this album. Just wish Kendrick Lamar's handprints weren't all over this. Thought my favorite song would change, but it's still the very last one (Talking To My Diary). Wish Dre sounded like that on most of the tracks instead of a Kendrick variation

Last edited:
Yeah you can tell Kendrick was the Quentin Miller on here. And can somebody please tell Em to stop using that yelling flow on every song. :lol:

Yeah you can tell Kendrick was the Quentin Miller on here. And can somebody please tell Em to stop using that yelling flow on every song. :lol:

I'm saying though. I hear something like "My Name Is" or "Real Slim Shady" on the radio now and I'm like, what happened to this dude? Where did he go?

Yea that yelling flow is annoying as hell. What pisses me off even more is that he's had recent songs where he doesn't do that, so it's like....why the **** are you using it :lol: :lol:??

Last edited:
Been through a handful more listens and love this album. Just wish Kendrick Lamar's handprints weren't all over this. Thought my favorite song would change, but it's still the very last one (Talking To My Diary). Wish Dre sounded like they on most of the tracks instead of a Kendrick variation
So agree with Dre sounding like he did on "Talking to my Dairy" part.

Back
Top Bottom