Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

Trunks in 2015 is dealing with a completely different scale of enemies than in 1993

When he went back and killed Frieza, Trunks was dealing with stronger enemies. Thus making him more powerful than that current time Frieza

Much like how I posted a couple pages back, Goku has dealt with more powerful enemies than trunks due to his allowing the bad guy to power up forcing Goku to get stronger to finish the job.

Trunks dealt with the issue before having it escalating, thus resulting in him not reaching his higher potential.

Trunks can't go SSJ3 because he never had to. Not because he just flat out can't. And he can't beat SSJ3 because he's never dealt with a power on that magnitude.

Goku got washed by Beerus.... This is literally the same scenario.

Animation gets revised and improved on the DVD/bluray releases. If the animation issues keeps you from enjoying the show then I'd say wait for them to hit DVD. It's been explained a few times why animation is the way it is. I for one will put up with the crappy animation if it means we can continue to get new content weekly. As long as this trunks story is interesting and the action is there my complaints will be kept to a minimum

Trunks in 2015 is dealing with a completely different scale of enemies than in 1993

When he went back and killed Frieza, Trunks was dealing with stronger enemies. Thus making him more powerful than that current time Frieza

Much like how I posted a couple pages back, Goku has dealt with more powerful enemies than trunks due to his allowing the bad guy to power up forcing Goku to get stronger to finish the job.

Trunks dealt with the issue before having it escalating, thus resulting in him not reaching his higher potential.

Trunks can't go SSJ3 because he never had to. Not because he just flat out can't. And he can't beat SSJ3 because he's never dealt with a power on that magnitude.

I think the original point that was being made is not that trunks can't get stronger than super Saiyan 2. The point is that super saiyan 3 was never shown to be attainable through regular means of training. Goku was able to achieve it by being dead, and gotenks is an incredibly strong character created by fusion. Whether it's a relevant transformation now or not, there's no in story examples or proof that regular traditional training can allow you to reach that form. Or even if one can be pushed into the transformation by rage or out of necessity. Lord knows it didn't work for vegeta.

Last edited:
As interesting as Trunks' return is, Super once again proves to be trash made by people who have no respect for the source material

Animation is more trash than usual
roll.gif
at that supposedly intense Trunks vs Dabura flashback

The glaring mistake of Goku having SSJ1 hair as a SSJ2 when there has always been a clear distinction between his appearance in those two forms. It might seem minor but it tells you that Toei gives no dambs.

Goten being left out of the story because he needs to study. Again this may seem minor but in the OG it was noted that Chi Chi was more lax with Goten than she was with Gohan, hence him being more Goku-like in personality

LOL at Trunks popping a stiffy on 8 year old Mai. And LOL at the continuous glaring plothole of Mai being a pretty young woman in Trunks' future when she is in actually at least 10 years older than Goku, who is a grandfather. She should be pushing 60 in that period. Unless that's her daughter, which I highly doubt.

The lack of explanation regarding Babidi randomly coming to awaken Buu 20 years later than when he did it in the main timeline

And this is a gripe from when Super started but Future Trunks appearing brings it back. The fact that present Trunks has to be in his early teens and yet looks five years younger than the 13 year old Future Trunks we saw in History of Trunks.

I'm telling yall give some dedicated fans and artists a decent animation budget and they'd make something more entertaining and more true to the source material.

P.S. ROFL at how Goku sonned Trunks with SSJ3 like how he sonned Majin Vegeta by only going SSJ2 on him.

Like bruh you got two extra forms above that.
roll.gif
I agree with everything you said.. only reasoning for why Babadi had no interest on coming to planet Earth was because the Androids literally wiped out 80% of the planet. No serious fighters remained on Earth to get enough energy to hatch buu. 

But yeah that ssj 2 transformation was trash, and that flashback scene was back too. How and when did he even unlocked ssj2? much needed backstory would have been good, this show is all about character development as well as good action. 

And series has potential if they just aren't overly lazy about it. It's still missing that dark element dbz had. The scenes were Beerus and Whis eat food and start jizzin' their pants is making this way too light hearted lol and it's getting old.

Long time DBZ fan so I'm gonna give my opinion, doesn't mean I don't appreciate what we're getting.

Last edited:
Oh so you telling me I can sit back and watch Trunks put in work on Frieza in an animation made 25 years ago and have tears come to my eyes due to how fantastic it was

And then watch Trunks go Super Struggle 2 in 2016 and just be okay with it? Iight
if you dont like DBS why waste 20 mins from your time and watch it every week, the crappy animation is not gonna change, i also notice a lot of flaws at the new series but what can you do about it, the only thing what you can do is stop watching and wait for the DVD & blue ray release

Bruh I didn't once complain about Trunks getting washed or not going SSJ3 in my post.

Animation gets revised and improved on the DVD/bluray releases. If the animation issues keeps you from enjoying the show then I'd say wait for them to hit DVD. It's been explained a few times why animation is the way it is. I for one will put up with the crappy animation if it means we can continue to get new content weekly. As long as this trunks story is interesting and the action is there my complaints will be kept to a minimum

It's still objectively trash looking compared to the fluidity of the OG, b. That's not an excuse. There are dozens of other animes airing that don't have an iota of the popularity or cultural impact of DB and they look a million times better. It's a pale imitation of what Dragon Ball was and I get we're all watching just for the new content but it's not the triumphant return it should be. Hell it's not even the okayish return.

Last edited:
So we back on animation topic again? Smh

Get over it. Stop nitpicking. We forgetting dbz has bad art/animation every other episode?

As long as it's not episode 5 bad then we should just be happy we getting new content every week.

wonder if we'll ever get a back story on how Vegeta actually unlocked the SSB form.? he went off to train with Whis and all of a sudden he was a God, that still puzzles me. So does it take 5 pure hearted sayians to achieve the form or not? 

Bruh I didn't once complain about Trunks getting washed or not going SSJ3 in my post.
It's still objectively trash looking compared to the fluidity of the OG, b. That's not an excuse. There are dozens of other animes airing that don't have an iota of the popularity or cultural impact of DB and they look a million times better. It's a pale imitation of what Dragon Ball was and I get we're all watching just for the new content but it's not the triumphant return it should be. Hell it's not even the okayish return.

When dragon ball/z originally aired did it air continuously for a year straight? Many animes currently airing with better animation have traditional seasons and aren't airing indefinitely.

Which is why if we have to chose between more content and perfect artistry I'll take the content.

Then I misread your post.

You were complaining so much in that post, I thought you were complaining about that too

So we back on animation topic again? Smh

Get over it. Stop nitpicking..

Comments like this always sound silly to me. Complaining about bad animation isn't nitpicking. Animation is literally one of the most important elements in an animated work, with the ability to make or break the entire experience. Since you're having the story fed to you visually if there is anything off about the animation it has the potential to ruin the entire work for you, forever. Saying people are then nitpicking when they see and comment on an anime with bad animation just sounds dumb. Good animation

View media item 2082617
View media item 2082618
View media item 2082620

can stick with you forever, being one of the fondest memories you have about a series and something that you go out of your way to mention to your friends when suggesting the show to them. So naturally, bad animation can be something that stops you from doing so, even being the one black spot on an otherwise great series. If anything, peolpe need to stop overlooking bad animation as if everyone should just be satisfied with it. Lord knows no one does that kind of crap when it comes to the editing in live action films/shows.

Comments like this always sound silly to me. Complaining about bad animation isn't nitpicking. Animation is literally one of the most important elements in an animated work, with the ability to make or break the entire experience. Since you're having the story fed to you visually if there is anything off about the animation it has the potential to ruin the entire work for you, forever. Saying people are then nitpicking when they see and comment on an anime with bad animation just sounds dumb. Good animation

View media item 2082617
View media item 2082618
View media item 2082620

can stick with you forever, being one of the fondest memories you have about a series and something that you go out of your way to mention to your friends when suggesting the show to them. So naturally, bad animation can be something that stops you from doing so, even being the one black spot on an otherwise great series. If anything, peolpe need to stop overlooking bad animation as if everyone should just be satisfied with it. Lord knows no one does that kind of crap when it comes to the editing in live action films/shows.

It's not silly if you know how this works company wise. DBS as far as i know is under a company where episodes are done on a weekly basis. There's a YT video about it. Animators are only given a small amount of time for such big projects, etc. and you can see the result most of the time.(e.g episode 5, rushed products). DBS basically isn't done the same as let's say One Punch Man with god like animation because the whole series is done before they air it.

Last edited:
...And yes if you still talking about bad animation at this point of the series. That's nitpicking. It has been better since the start of the tournament arc. If we're talking about same art/animation from the re-telling of the ROF saga then by all means go ahead and complain.

Just getting sick of it at this point that's all.

I mean I understand the fuss and the frustration. But the animation has been an issue since the start. We're almost a year into super, 49 episodes. But week after the same people come to make the same complaints. I get that it sucks but at this point you've gotta either take it or leave it. There are tons of people that are still trying to remain objective And get into the story.

For those who think the animation is so bad it effects them from objectively giving the show a fair chance than the manga is still an option.

Tbh the animation isn't that great, but if it bothers you that much, just read the manga..

I think I picked apart much more than the animation in my first post, and everything else was about this episode, but that's just the element yall chose to harp on. The story as also been **** for the past year and is only now getting interesting.... :rofl:. Yall wanna say I'm nitpicking even though I was in here less than a week ago actually giving the last episode props.

So we've had a combination of **** animation, **** storytelling, **** pacing, and **** characterization for 49 episodes.

I forgot the complete absence of emotional gravitas that was in the original and even GT. DB started as a comedy sure but it knew when it was serious. Trunks talmbout how his ******* mother was disintegrated, his girlfriend murdered and you got bulma goofing around with the toddler Pilaf crew and an entire scene of like 6 minutes of precious airtime depicting dudes eating fish sausages??!?!? WHAT?! AND YALL DEFEND THIS ****? :rofl:

I don't see how Toei gets a pass for butchering their most successful media franchise just because they don't want to give their animators the proper resources. Yall just passing the buck and making excuses for a subpar work.

Rename this thread "Official Dragon Ball Struggle Thread"

Last edited:
It's not silly if you know how this works company wise. DBS as far as i know is under a company where episodes are done on a weekly basis. There's a YT video about it. Animators are only given a small amount of time for such big projects, etc. and you can see the result most of the time.(e.g episode 5, rushed products). DBS basically isn't done the same as let's say One Punch Man with god like animation because the whole series is done before they air it.

No it's still incredibly silly, as that doesn't change the fact that the animation has been bad. All that does is give you a reason for why the animation has been bad. Having a reason however doesn't change the outcome. That's like flunking a test because you didn't study. Doesn't change the fact you flunked the test and people aren't wrong to point out that you flunked the test.

Tbh the animation isn't that great, but if it bothers you that much, just read the manga..

Have to say that this time around (Unlike DB and Z) that's not a suitable option, because the manga barely gives you as much story as the anime does.
I think I picked apart much more than the animation in my first post, and everything else was about this episode, but that's just the element yall chose to harp on. The story as also been **** for the past year and is only now getting interesting.... :rofl:. Yall wanna say I'm nitpicking even though I was in here less than a week ago actually giving the last episode props.

So we've had a combination of **** animation, **** storytelling, **** pacing, and **** characterization for 49 episodes.

I forgot the complete absence of emotional gravitas that was in the original and even GT. DB started as a comedy sure but it knew when it was serious. Trunks talmbout how his ******* mother was disintegrated, his girlfriend murdered and you got bulma goofing around with the toddler Pilaf crew and dudes eating fish sausages??!?!? WHAT?! AND YALL DEFEND THIS ****? :rofl:

I don't see how Toei gets a pass for butchering their most successful media franchise just because they don't want to give their animators the proper resources. Yall just passing the buck and making excuses for a subpar work.

Pretty much. At this point people have noted plenty of problems with Super. The animation might just be the most consistent, since it was a noticeable issue from the very start.

Last edited:
I think I picked apart much more than the animation in my first post, that's just the element yall chose to harp on. The story as also been **** for the past year and is only now getting interesting....
roll.gif

So we've had a combination **** animation, **** storytelling, **** pacing, and **** characterization for 49 episodes.

its not about making excuses though. No one in here is raving about how amazing super is or talking about what a good job Toei is doing. Fact of the matter is Super is what we're getting. If those issues are a constant and havent gone anywhere Super can be treated like GT and easily avoided. 

Maybe i'm just not as much of an anime enthusiast as others but I'm watching super for 3 reasons. action and suspense and new material. Thats my bar. It would be nice it was a animated like the movies, or as well developed as Z. Super flows just like any popular manga ive ever read. medium to long periods of build up connected by short periods of actual relevant action. Ive been reading bleach for years now and thats exactly what happens. And what keeps me coming back each week for bleach are those periods of action. The tournament arc was meh to me up until the HIT vs Goku fight. Goku mixing kaioken and SSB literally made watching the tournament worth it to me. and its more than likely going to be the same for this arc here. but i realize that not everyone watches this show through the same lens i do

Back
Top Bottom