Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

I think I picked apart much more than the animation in my first post, and everything else was about this episode, but that's just the element yall chose to harp on. The story as also been **** for the past year and is only now getting interesting.... :rofl:. Yall wanna say I'm nitpicking even though I was in here less than a week ago actually giving the last episode props.

So we've had a combination of **** animation, **** storytelling, **** pacing, and **** characterization for 49 episodes.

I forgot the complete absence of emotional gravitas that was in the original and even GT. DB started as a comedy sure but it knew when it was serious. Trunks talmbout how his ******* mother was disintegrated, his girlfriend murdered and you got bulma goofing around with the toddler Pilaf crew and an entire scene of like 6 minutes of precious airtime depicting dudes eating fish sausages??!?!? WHAT?! AND YALL DEFEND THIS ****? :rofl:

I don't see how Toei gets a pass for butchering their most successful media franchise just because they don't want to give their animators the proper resources. Yall just passing the buck and making excuses for a subpar work.

Rename this thread "Official Dragon Ball Struggle Thread"

The man ain't telling lies.....

We all watch DBS because it great to have new Dragon Ball content in 2016...

But I have zero problem with somebody critically analyzing the series.

My bar for Dragon Ball Super is just low. In general dbz was never that great. They drag out moments and there's just a lot of filler everywhere and beating the same corny jokes to death. This hasn't changed after all these years so I'm not going to let myself go crazy critically analyzing the show. It is what it is. An entertaining show with lots of holes that's perfect for turning your brain off and killing time when you're bored.

Last edited:
its not about making excuses though. No one in here is raving about how amazing super is or talking about what a good job Toei is doing. Fact of the matter is Super is what we're getting. If those issues are a constant and havent gone anywhere Super can be treated like GT and easily avoided. 

Maybe i'm just not as much of an anime enthusiast as others but I'm watching super for 3 reasons. action and suspense and new material. Thats my bar. It would be nice it was a animated like the movies, or as well developed as Z. Super flows just like any popular manga ive ever read. medium to long periods of build up connected by short periods of actual relevant action. Ive been reading bleach for years now and thats exactly what happens. And what keeps me coming back each week for bleach are those periods of action. The tournament arc was meh to me up until the HIT vs Goku fight. Goku mixing kaioken and SSB literally made watching the tournament worth it to me. and its more than likely going to be the same for this arc here. but i realize that not everyone watches this show through the same lens i do

The man ain't telling lies.....

We all watch DBS because it great to have new Dragon Ball content in 2016...

But I have zero problem with somebody critically analyzing the series.

And like I said, I'm perfectly willing to give props when due; Goku going Kaioken was LIT but unfortunately that's the only instance in a 50 episode anime wherein which I'm able to use the term LIT :smh: doesn't help that that overall arc was whack.

I also applauded the return of Trunks and I love the random choice to use blue hair. I also said if they make Gohan the GOAT like he deserves to be there will be more props to give.

I'm not in here irrationally hating. I loved the last episode and said I did. I'm gonna post my opinion about every episode, good or bad

Gohan doesn't deserve to be the GOAT. He has been getting washed since the cell series. And he hasn't put any work in the gym...he is a family man now. His little brother can probably whoop his *** at this moment.

I want to see him be great but I ain't holding my breath. He is the weakest saiyan, son is a liability in battle...ol green sweat suit ***...you ain't my dude rock Lee or bushy brows son

I don't get it. So you don't like the characterization, the fighting or the story?

Fixed. I also don't like Beerus and Whis in every damn episode eating ramen noodles

Gohan doesn't deserve to be the GOAT. He has been getting washed since the cell series. And he hasn't put any work in the gym...he is a family man now. His little brother can probably whoop his *** at this moment.

I want to see him be great but I ain't holding my breath. He is the weakest saiyan, son is a liability in battle...ol green sweat suit ***...you ain't my dude rock Lee or bushy brows son

Man it's an episode coming up named Trunks And Gohan.....yall mad about me criticizing Super now, watch this thread if that episode doesn't deliver :lol:

speaking of gohan...we talk about how bad hes gotten constantly but when you think about in all of super gohans been defeated by beerus and freiza and no one else. granted we know hes gotten weaker. but we actually have no idea of his power level at all.

Depends on what you hope for it to deliver. I hope it shows Gohan fighting. If they do I'm happy, if they don't, so be it. They'll show it in another episode. I'm not going to be anticipating Gohan going SSB and washing Black Goku. I'm not going to complain about how weak he is because he can't. I'm not going to complain how bad the show is if they do make him transform for some random reason. I'm just going to watch and enjoy.

granted we know hes gotten weaker. but we actually have no idea of his power level at all.

9eef16a787a42aca3d39e35abbb4c9ee-d8mw3fd.png

Depends on what you hope for it to deliver. I hope it shows Gohan fighting. If they do I'm happy, if they don't, so be it. They'll show it in another episode. I'm not going to be anticipating Gohan going SSB and washing Black Goku. I'm not going to complain about how weak he is because he can't. I'm not going to complain how bad the show is if they do make him transform for some random reason. I'm just going to watch and enjoy.

"Basically, I don't care what does or doesn't happen".

Last edited:
Give Gohan the Piccolo fit back and for the love of god why is he going Super Saiyan :x

How you go from being easily>>>>>>SSJ3, washing Super Buu to straight herb status? :smh:

speaking of gohan...we talk about how bad hes gotten constantly but when you think about in all of super gohans been defeated by beerus and freiza and no one else. granted we know hes gotten weaker. but we actually have no idea of his power level at all.

Was saying back during Resurrection that even with how weak he's become he's still the third most powerful dude on the planet and even now you still have Vegeta admitting that Gohan's potential exceeds both Goku's and his own, so there is easily room for Akira to make Gohan be great again. I'm just finding it hard to believe it'll actually happen with how bad his performance has been so far.
Give Gohan the Piccolo fit back and for the love of god why is he going Super Saiyan :x

How you go from being easily>>>>>>SSJ3, washing Super Buu to straight herb status? :smh:

Plot.

This dude Gohan is the Deron Williams of Dragon Ball :smh:

GOOD ******* LORD THIS IS ACCURATE

After reading my man KingdomFlatbush KingdomFlatbush 's Kanye rants, I'm not even mad at him for being unsatisfied with how everything has been

Whis and Beerus definitely don't need to be in every episode considering they don't even contribute much

They're Krillin/Yamcha status as far as storyline importance

Last edited:
Whis and Beerus honestly shouldn't be appearing anymore than King Kai ever did back in Z.

We're 50 episodes in super...and nothing has really happened.

I really hope this Goku Black arc isn't resolved quickly. The tournament was a let down.

Excited to see where they go with this. Bringing trunks back sets up a lot of possibilities moving forward. I'm meh on Whis and Beerus.

Man nothing at all.

Told ya, I was optimistic about this but the more I've watched the more disappointing it's become.

This is the same as when the Narrator would come in 15 years ago on that FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON DRAGONBALL Z steez and I would want to cuss out the TV.

HOWEVER, there is a major difference.

At the time DB and DBZ were following the plot of the weekly-published manga, and the episodes were put out so frequently (weekly as well) that oftentimes they were right on the heels of catching up to the manga. Episodes could easily cover up to three manga chapters in one.

The solution was a tremendous amount of filler in order to let the story "breathe" a little, but IN SPITE of that, DB and DBZ still manage to be good to this very day. DB had some cool fillers based on the Journey to the West/Chinese fairy tail theme that Dragonball was all about.

So WHY, with NO MANGA to worry about catching up to, does Dragon Ball Struggle feel the need to give us 8 minutes of a 23 minute runtime dedicated to Beerus and Whis, the worst characters ever, eating FISH SAUSAGES B?!?!?!

AWARE ME FAMBS!!!!

FISH SAUSAGES MY *****!!! WHO EVEN HEARD OF SOME **** LIKE FISH SAUSAGES?!?!?!?!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom