Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

where you guys watching the eps?? I wanna start from the very beginning. og dragon ball was a dope part of my childhood. watched it ever day...when i acted right and my dad let me watch tv hahaha.

i watch on kissanime

exactly they essentially have the genetic make-up of humans. One of the downfalls of the human race in DBZ logic is their ceilings are low, they don't increase in power exponentially like other creatures in the universe. ie: sayians.

Frieza at 100% not being stronger than android 17 and 18 is irrelevant my guy. The point was that Frieza is a prodigy. Whatever his race is, they have a greater potential than pure bred human beings.

Piccolo was either = or slightly above 17 in the cell saga. Piccolo trains everyday. Why in gods name is the gap so got damn big between him and 17 now?
roll.gif
 cmon man it makes no sense. The guy been fighting cats that Mr. Satan could wash smh.
you cant say that 17 was equal to fused piccolo and then still hold him to the same standard as as a human being in the same breath. the androids were literally altered at the cellular level. this isnt them taking a bite from the tree of might. theyre not just stronger versions of krillin or tien, which is what you're treating them as. the limitations of regular humans dont apply to them as clearly demonstrated via the entire android saga. they werent just enhanced they were modified. so they didnt just become stronger they literally changed at the cellular level.they may have human properties like being able to reproduce but theyre not on the same level as regular humans. as for frieza, it was stated that freiza and king cold were mutants in their own race, meaning none of there race was ever as strong as they were and nothing else was mentioned about it in any canon example. so frieza being of a different race is irrelevant. Freiza was a prodigy right? fine, hold on to that if you want, but if freiza is a prodigy and gets out performed by someone else that doesnt make that person any less strong or any less capable regardless of how he attained that strength. 

Last edited:
Decided to revisit the franchise and watch it from the very beginning. I used to watch Z all the time on Toonami, but I don't think I ever watched in chronological order. :lol:

Currently on ep18 of Dragon Ball, my gawd Goku was so damn naïve. :rofl:
took a break from dragon ball, got damn Krillin is annoying with his antics

Started binging on DBZ kai from the start of 'future trunks saga'. Watching Gohan vs Cell now, I don't remember Goku being this nonchalant when I was younger.

where you guys watching the eps?? I wanna start from the very beginning. og dragon ball was a dope part of my childhood. watched it ever day...when i acted right and my dad let me watch tv hahaha.
I use kissanime for almost all anime. I use the internet browser in the ps4 to watch the episodes on my TV. I remember growing up in DR my parents didn't let me watch DBZ cause "it had too much violence" [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Last edited:
Kissanime back?

Can't believe I haven't watched this since Trunks vs Zamasu ended :lol:

How many weeks of filer are we at now?
KingdomFlatbush KingdomFlatbush still spitting that real?

Last edited:
What's even crazier is that even if you wanna say that 17 trained to get where he's at, Goku was training too and had a ton of help along the way. Training while dead, hyperbolic time chamber, training with the gods, all that plus his innate fighting ability and 17 is right next to him all while doing it alone.

17 IS THE GOAT NOW.

I feel like all participating Universes will have equivalent levels of power in their fighters.

For instance, all the other universes will have 1 member who will be just as strong as Krillin.

We can assume that Jiren will rival Goku in power (both at max power)

However, intelligence, trickery, and I guess elements? will play a factor.

the mouse god of destruction is said to have a rivalry with beerus (a cat) [think tom & jerry]

according to the character description reveals

The clown and fox Destroyers look the coolest to me lol

Hope they're strong. Should turn into some multi-dimensional war involving the Gods lol.

Then again the Gods are too strong compared to the rest of the characters

12 years is a long time so I don't mind the boost especially since we wasn't watching him all the time. No idea what he's been up to. I wonder did he survive Buu's eradicate all humans move...

Reactions: g14
12 years is a long time so I don't mind the boost especially since we wasn't watching him all the time. No idea what he's been up to. I wonder did he survive Buu's eradicate all humans move...
i agree. I mean Toei can still drop the ball with the explanation of how he got that strong, but ive got no problem with him atleast having the potential to get that strong

nah no one survived he blew up the planet lol but he was wished back with everyone else with the namekian dragon balls i believe

Last edited:
Goku just turnin blue is essentially like his fighting stance. Some times he'll do it when he doesn't have to. He clearly wasn't using all his strength to fight 17 and 17 having a power boost is fine seeing that it's been over 10 years since they last saw him. Yeah, I get it "should it be a big enough boost for him to even last a second with SSB?"....Man I saw Trunks make a spirit bomb sword. I'm starting to think that the Super sub title for Dragon Ball Super is to highlight how exaggerated Dragon Ball has become.

Give me more, I love it.

Goku just turnin blue is essentially like his fighting stance. Some times he'll do it when he doesn't have to. He clearly wasn't using all his strength to fight 17 and 17 having a power boost is fine seeing that it's been over 10 years since they last saw him. Yeah, I get it "should it be a big enough boost for him to even last a second with SSB?"....Man I saw Trunks make a spirit bomb sword. I'm starting to think that the Super sub title for Dragon Ball Super is to highlight how exaggerated Dragon Ball has become.

Give me more, I love it.
although i think that goku def has the ability dial back his power. i dont think thats what was happening with 17. i think theres a difference between slowly dialing it up as the battle gets more intense and straight up dialing down your power. if SSB has power ranks of 1 to 10, 10 being the highest level of power, i think goku brought it up to 6 or 7 and 17 met him there. whether or not 17 can meet him at 10 i dont know, and i dont think the show will take it that far.

i agree. I mean Toei can still drop the ball with the explanation of how he got that strong, but ive got no problem with him atleast having the potential to get that strong

nah no one survived he blew up the planet lol but he was wished back with everyone else with the namekian dragon balls i believe

Nah I'm not talking about when Kid Buu blew up the planet but when Super was on the lookout and just let shots off.

Give me more, I love it.
I kinda like how you put it. SSB as a fighting stance

Nah I'm not talking about when Kid Buu blew up the planet but when Super was on the lookout and just let shots off.

Tien and Chiaotzu survived that attack, so 17 definitely did. He died when Buu blew up the planet though, and was shown afterwards​ helping Goku out with the Spirit Bomb

Last edited:
I thought super sayain god was just an alternate form not necessarily a boost in power?

Like he can stay in base or switch to god form with red hair.
Going super sayain from base gives him yellow hair, while going super sayain from god form gives him blue hair. God forms allows him to be more powerful, it's not really a boost.

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Last edited:
I thought super sayain god was just an alternate form not necessarily a boost in power?

Like he can stay in base or switch to god form with red hair.
Going super sayain from base gives him yellow hair, while going super sayain from god form gives him blue hair. God forms allows him to be more powerful, it's not really a boost.

Correct me if I'm wrong though.
well no, because we've seen goku and vegeta go straight from base to SSB multiple times. SSB is just the result of a super saiyain attaining godly ki and training to utilize it. 

Back
Top Bottom