Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

Clearly roshi, tien, and even krillin have gotten stronger. This is obviously an attempt by the writers to catch everyone up. But how does it make more sense in this case to say that these humans are "X" strength, when we know beyond a shadow of a doubt that goku can and does hold back regularly. Nothing in these past episodes have given us any thing concrete to even equate any of their power levels to any form or feat goku is capable of. Except for maybe 17, but even that is completely out there and up for debate. At the end of the day these fillers are just here to establish the fact that all the participants are battle ready and up for a challenge. Using goku as the gauge is pointless.

Last edited:
Man no, it's too much at this point.
You have to call it what it is, pure laziness by the writers at this point. They're just writing the characters to suddenly be stronger and are doing so with no real explanation.

Yesterday was the clearest example. Goku says a few lines and then boom Roshi is suddenly so much stronger.

There's a reason db fans have been up in arms about how the power levels have been handled.

Man no, it's too much at this point.
You have to call it what it is, pure laziness by the writers at this point. They're just writing the characters to suddenly be stronger and are doing so with no real explanation.

Yesterday was the clearest example. Goku says a few lines and then boom Roshi is suddenly so much stronger.

There's a reason db fans have been up in arms about how the power levels have been handled.

The only reason to be up in arms is if you start assuming roshi=base goku. Goku can be surprised at how strong someone is in comparison to what he previously thought they were. Doesn't mean they're suddenly super Saiyan level or that some how they equal some meaningful percentage of his full strength. 90% of dragon ball is know when to dig deeper for more and not making more than what's on the screen.

Last edited:
Reactions: g14
At the end of the day, if you're going to use goku to gauge someone's strength, know when it's appropriate and know when it's not. The only person I'd consider really questioning their strength is 17. He's the only person goku was even half impressed at how strong they were and used SSJ and SSB because 17 could handle it as opposed to some symbolic showing. That's a major strength leap.

The second people stop assuming goku is using the peak of his power in any given form, Super is significantly easier to digest.

Last edited:
Goku had to Kamehameha Roshi to knock him out. That's ridiculous [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Had to or chose too? How can you act like that kamehameha was some how his last resort if he didn't even have to leave base form?

For the sake of example let's say goku has a full power level of 100. He has the ability to dial it up and down from 1 to 100 when ever he wants.

At the end of the day if goku went ssb X kaioken on every single one of them and just flicked them in the head to knock them you'd be complaining about how weak everyone is and how boring the story is.

why wouldnt the other fighters be able to get stronger/new techniques? we all know they arent touching goku at all, same goes for most of the universe(es)...

If Gohan wins it won't matter because apparently you can't gauge anyone based on how the fair against Goku.

See how that line of argument doesn't hold up?

Who is actually up in arm about this? Lol.

Should've stopped when Saiyans could become god level.

If Gohan wins it won't matter because apparently you can't gauge anyone based on how the fair against Goku.

See how that line of argument doesn't hold up?

No, it doesnt. The problem is for some reason you guys think it's a more logical assumption that roshi is some how equal to base goku, or krillin is as strong as ssj goku, as opposed to accepting the more obvious and more realistic explanation that goku was holding back. Like I said, the second people stop assuming from the jump that an opponent is equivalent to gokus peak in that form, all the questions and problems go away. Is super masterfully writer? Absolutely not but I feel like some of you guys bend over backwards to find displeasure with it.

Goku had to Kamehameha Roshi to knock him out. That's ridiculous [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Had to or chose too? How can you act like that kamehameha was some how his last resort if he didn't even have to leave base form?

For the sake of example let's say goku has a full power level of 100. He has the ability to dial it up and down from 1 to 100 when ever he wants.

At the end of the day if goku went ssb X kaioken on every single one of them and just flicked them in the head to knock them you'd be complaining about how weak everyone is and how boring the story is.

Of course there was any number of ways he could've done it. It goes without saying that the show w would've really fell in the toilet if he used his last resort technique on Roshi :lol:

My point still stands. It's still ridiculous that he used the Kamehameha.

He should've been able to knock out Roshi without using any technique.

And I'm just reading now in my post above that Goku went super to fight Krillin? And he went blue against 17?

Naw I'm glad I haven't been keeping up. Will probably just watch the next episode where Goku uses his full power on Gohan.

Last edited:
Of course there was any number of ways he could've done it. It goes without saying that the show w would've really fell in the toilet if he used his last resort technique on Roshi :lol:

My point still stands. It's still ridiculous that he used the Kamehameha.

He should've been able to knock out Roshi without using any technique.
you see as that, maybe the writers saw it as an opportunity for goku to use the attack that roshi taught him in the first place against him in a comical way? Either way I think you're putting too much stock in the fact that he used the kamehameha.

so goku was using his full power vs majin vegeta and suddenly tapped into SSJ3 against buu? [emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji]

how DB fans forget that gauging one's power to be approximate to who they're fighting has always existed in dragon ball

so goku was using his full power vs majin vegeta and suddenly tapped into SSJ3 against buu? [emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji]

how DB fans forget that gauging one's power to be approximate to who they're fighting has always existed in dragon ball

Base goku fought against final form Frieza before going golden in the revival arc. So that must mean master roshi = final form Frieza.

That's the logic some of these people are using. I don't think it has to be that hard

Base goku fought against final form Frieza before going golden in the revival arc

Even more reason why base Goku should've been able to take out Roshi as easily as he took out Tien's men. Just seems like the show makes characters do stuff just for us to see it happen.

'Oh lookie, why make Goku take out Roshi with a flick of a thumb when he can do a cool *** Kamehameha'

Let's face it, KingdomFlatbush was right when he kept saying the show was garbage. Lol

Even more reason why base Goku should've been able to take out Roshi as easily as he took out Tien's men. Just seems like the show makes characters do stuff just for us to see it happen.

'Oh lookie, why make Goku take out Roshi with a flick of a thumb when he can do a cool *** Kamehameha'

Let's face it, KingdomFlatbush was right when he kept saying the show was garbage. Lol
so when parents play-fight their infants they don't lower their strength? [emoji]129300[/emoji] their 5 yr old kids are as strong as 38 year old dads? [emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji] learning something new everyday

I'm more impressed about Goku doing this massive Nuke Kamehameha that clearly engulfed the whole village 

And he gave Zero f's about the villagers that are still in the village.

Meanwhile Tien turned into Machamp and still got washed.

The second people stop assuming goku is using the peak of his power in any given form, Super is significantly easier to digest.

Fine, let's use Tien instead. There is no reason to think tien would have trouble with roshi. Didn't tien contribute in the cell saga? cell saga is way after roshi's relevance.

I'm enjoying the show in spite of the power scaling issues, but let's not pretend it's not completely ridiculous.

Last edited:
Very uncomfortable to watch. Idk who thought that was ok.

that was just pushing the limit
He picked her up and put her in a room alone
Then tried to strip her

My boy must have been on a dry streak

Back
Top Bottom