Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

He was successful in supporting Goku and Vegeta against Black/Zamasu. Gohan didn’t have any matchups in the TOP that I consider that caliber

He was successful in supporting Goku and Vegeta against Black/Zamasu. Gohan didn’t have any matchups in the TOP that I consider that caliber

you dont think the goku/gohan spar pre tournament holds any weight? also is it a reasonable assumption that due to training and "perfecting SSB" goku was stronger when sparred with gohan than when he fought black/zamasu?

you dont think the goku/gohan spar pre tournament holds any weight? also is it a reasonable assumption that due to training and "perfecting SSB" goku was stronger when sparred with gohan than when he fought black/zamasu?
No, I don’t think that. That’s a great assumption if you believe Goku perfected SSB at the time he fought Gohan and went full power. Doesn’t really account for the SSB Vegito multiplier to take out fused Zamasu and Trunks going up against that version as well.

No, I don’t think that. That’s a great assumption if you believe Goku perfected SSB at the time he fought Gohan and went full power. Doesn’t really account for the SSB Vegito multiplier to take out fused Zamasu and Trunks going up against that version as well.

no i dont think goku was at full power when he fought gohan. but aside from the spirit bomb sword, i place rage trunks at being weaker than SSB goku and Vegeta atleast at the end of the black arc.

from the fight id think that gohan is atleast as strong as SSB but thats just my interpretation of the fight

Last edited:
Present day Gohan stronger than Future Trunks?

Give me ****ing break :rofl:

Dude couldn’t even handle the Yardrat by himself :lol:

"lohan character flaw"

both of those full fused universe 6 namekians were definitely stronger than that yardat gohan fought pretty well against them

"lohan character flaw"

both of those full fused universe 6 namekians were definitely stronger than that yardat gohan fought pretty well against them
So they as strong and Goku Black and Zamasu all of a sudden? :lol:

Only time he did decent in the Tournament of Power was when he had someone to watch his back :rofl:

He was legit useless without Frieza, 17 and Piccolo

Every time he was by himself he struggled or barely beat lower tier enemies :rofl:

no i dont think goku was at full power when he fought gohan. but aside from the spirit bomb sword, i place rage trunks at being weaker than SSB goku and Vegeta atleast at the end of the black arc.

from the fight id think that gohan is atleast as strong as SSB but thats just my interpretation of the fight
So my question to you would be which is stronger, unmastered SSB (facing Zamasu/Black) or mastered SSB not at full power (sparring with a Gohan)?

So they as strong and Goku Black and Zamasu all of a sudden? :lol:

Only time he did decent in the Tournament of Power was when he had someone to watch his back :rofl:

He was legit useless without Frieza, 17 and Piccolo

Every time he was by himself he struggled or barely beat lower tier enemies :rofl:

my question wasnt about "who would win in a fight" it was about power scaling. which is exactly why i said ignoring lohan character flaws

golden freiza was decisively stronger than ssb goku in the revival arc, but still lost due to factors outside power level.

Last edited:
So my question to you would be which is stronger, unmastered SSB (facing Zamasu/Black) or mastered SSB not at full power (sparring with a Gohan)?
thats a good question and you cant really give an answer without assuming some things. but gohan did survive a clash with kaioken x ssb. holding back or not thats gotta be feat right? gohan didnt decisively lose until that point

so the question then becomes where does that goku fall in line? does that cross gohan over into SSB territory or does gokus sandbagging extend that far?

thats a good question and you cant really give an answer without assuming some things. but gohan did survive a clash with kaioken x ssb. holding back or not thats gotta be feat right? gohan didnt decisively lose until that point

so the question then becomes where does that goku fall in line? does that cross gohan over into SSB territory or does gokus sandbagging extend that far?
Agreed. And we can’t dismiss that at the end of the Zamasu arc, Trunks wasn’t defeated by the fused Zamasu/Black.

Agreed. And we can’t dismiss that at the end of the Zamasu arc, Trunks wasn’t defeated by the fused Zamasu/Black.

not dismissing it at all, its a fair point, but how much of that was trunks and how much of it was the energy he received? and to take it a step further how much of gohans fight was goku holding back vs gohans own power

Last edited:
Gohan, Trunks, 17

17 the smartest one of the three though. He got the tactics on deck. Trunks has ambition, Gohan has power but ironically his scientist *** has no brains. Lacks combat sense.

Gohan, Trunks, 17

17 the smartest one of the three though. He got the tactics on deck. Trunks has ambition, Gohan has power but ironically his scientist *** has no brains. Lacks combat sense.

really interesting that youve got gohan over 17? whats your reasoning? do you put him under SSB level or do you put them at SSB level?

not dismissing it at all, its a fair point, but how much of that was trunks and how much of it was the energy he received? and to take it a step further how much of gohans fight was goku holding back vs gohans own power
Depends how you look at it; There's Goku not trying to kill the strongest fighters on Earth like Krillin and Gohan so they can face the fodder in the TOP. Then there's trunks getting energy from the last remaining humans and cats on earth to put on a sword vs his own power already used to go toe-to-toe with fused Zamasu/Black.

It was said in Super a few times that Gohan at his peak was only as strong as when he fought Cell

So don’t try and tell me he’s the strongest of the 3 and be dead serious

Does he have the most potential? Sure

But Future Trunks would demolish him

Back
Top Bottom