Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

It was said in Super a few times that Gohan at his peak was only as strong as when he fought Cell

So don’t try and tell me he’s the strongest of the 3 and be dead serious

Does he have the most potential? Sure

But Future Trunks would demolish him
Cell or Buu? can't be Cell. Mystic Gohan was the strongest at the end of Buu saga no?

really interesting that youve got gohan over 17? whats your reasoning? do you put him under SSB level or do you put them at SSB level?

I don't put any of them at the SSB level. Gohan and 17 can't beat Toppo one on one and Toppo was evenly matched against SSB Goku.

I put Gohan over 17 because 17 offered to sacrifice himself to take down Toppo but Gohan was emotionally invested in 17 and didn't take out Toppo when we had the chance (since he'd eliminate 17 at the same time). 17 knows Gohan is stronger than him, that's why he offered to take himself out with Toppo, same way 18 offered herself in order to keep 17 in the tournament.

With the last 3 guys standing, 17 didn't stand a chance against Toppo, Dyspo, and Jiren. He just had to use his wits and play more the role of a playmaker.

With this logic, yes I'm saying Golden Freeza >>> Gohan, because Gohan gave himself up so that Freeza could take out Dyspo (and Gohan). He knows Freeza needs to be in for them to win.

It was said in Super a few times that Gohan at his peak was only as strong as when he fought Cell

he barely won that fight
needed his dad

Depends how you look at it; There's Goku not trying to kill the strongest fighters on Earth like Krillin and Gohan so they can face the fodder in the TOP. Then there's trunks getting energy from the last remaining humans and cats on earth to put on a sword vs his own power already used to go toe-to-toe with fused Zamasu/Black.

i also think theres a huge difference between gokus fight with gohan and his fight with krillin. only one of them was asking goku to take the fight seriously and go all out. even after going ssb when gohan said show me your full power he didnt simply power up, he went kaioken

I don't put any of them at the SSB level. Gohan and 17 can't beat Toppo one on one and Toppo was evenly matched against SSB Goku.

I put Gohan over 17 because 17 offered to sacrifice himself to take down Toppo but Gohan was emotionally invested in 17 and didn't take out Toppo when we had the chance (since he'd eliminate 17 at the same time). 17 knows Gohan is stronger than him, that's why he offered to take himself out with Toppo, same way 18 offered herself in order to keep 17 in the tournament.

With the last 3 guys standing, 17 didn't stand a chance against Toppo, Dyspo, and Jiren. He just had to use his wits and play more the role of a playmaker.

With this logic, yes I'm saying Golden Freeza >>> Gohan, because Gohan gave himself up so that Freeza could take out Dyspo (and Gohan). He knows Freeza needs to be in for them to win.

by SSB level i mean a threshold of power, not necessarily being able to match goku or vegeta 1 v 1. although toppo and freiza are definitely stronger than gohan i think gohan and 17 both cross that threshold. its just like how in Z when kami and piccolo fused, they crossed that SSJ threshold of power. Although goku and vegeta did get even stronger than that.

thats not even factual :lol::lol:. as stated mystic gohan was the strongest unfused character in Z. the only time gohan was considered to be weaker than his cell games self was in the revival arc. training for the TOP hes stronger than he ever was in Z.

i also think theres a huge difference between gokus fight with gohan and his fight with krillin. only one of them was asking goku to take the fight seriously and go all out. even after going ssb when gohan said show me your full power he didnt simply power up, he went kaioken
Krillin not requesting Goku to go full power, doesn't imply that Goku did or didn't.

change of pace for a little aka argument time

post tournament of power who strongest between these 3?

Trunks, Gohan, and Android 17?

ive got 17>Gohan>Trunks

Trunks when he goes berserk > 17 > Gohan

Trunks is the defender of his own timeline. So if we base that logic and scale it to his U7 counterparts he will always adjust to scale beneath Goku / Vegeta. He will never surpass those 2 obviously but proof is shown when he defeated Zamasu/Black that he is on another level than 17 and Gohan.

17 can roll with the best of them at this point. He isn’t saving the universe but I’ve got him stronger than base level trunks (aka no berserker mode)

Both are stronger than Gohan. Gohan is a scrub.

The boy is washed. Let him go.

He had a couple HS highlights and one good run of games in the league but he ain’t who y’all think he is. He’s Mario Chalmers at best. NCAA title and rode his way to a couple rings thanks to the big 3.

Washed b

Krillin not requesting Goku to go full power, doesn't imply that Goku did or didn't.

no but the theme/context of that episode was getting krillins fighting spirit back. the whole purpose of goku going SSB was to show Krillin tha he was "worthy" to fight in the TOP even though he was arguably the weakest person on the team. thats atleast how it came off to me

Trunks when he goes berserk > 17 > Gohan

Trunks is the defender of his own timeline. So if we base that logic and scale it to his U7 counterparts he will always adjust to scale beneath Goku / Vegeta. He will never surpass those 2 obviously but proof is shown when he defeated Zamasu/Black that he is on another level than 17 and Gohan.

Washed b
they dont scale to the main time line counter parts though. if you remember back in Z, trunks stated that android 17 and 18 were much stronger in gokus timeline then they were in his own. im not saying your conclusion is impossible, your reasoning has already been proven false though

they dont scale to their main time line counter parts though. if you remember back in Z, trunks stated that android 17 and 18 were much stronger in gokus timeline then they were in his own. things dont "scale" from time line to time line

Broly also wasn't canon back then, and Trunks wasn't running around defeating gods

I don't think we should base whats currently happening in the series to what was written almost 30 years ago.

Trunks does scale because he isn't scaling to his own timeline, he grows stronger when he jumps to the past with Goku & co. So his power scale is based directly in comparison to U7.

From the Cell saga to the Black Arc. He gained his power when fighting in U7's current timeline, not when he went back to the future

So that means whenever we see Future Trunks, we know he will be fighting along side Goku and Vegeta, against an opponent that is much stronger than in his timeline, so he will gain a power up - and he usually gains one that scales him not much further behind than his father, who is stronger than everyone not named Goku.

Trunks has always been the #3 in power, even if you look back at the Cell saga. Vegeta AND Cell even admitted themselves at separate points that Trunks was stronger than Vegeta. So if we line everyone up, that ranks SSJ2 Gohan, Goku, then Trunks, Vegeta, etc etc.

Hendrix has always been top tier b

no but the theme/context of that episode was getting krillins fighting spirit back. the whole purpose of goku going SSB was to show Krillin tha he was "worthy" to fight in the TOP even though he was arguably the weakest person on the team. thats atleast how it came off to me
The same could be said for Gohan. He wanted to prove to his daddy that he still had his fighting senses and won't disappoint them in the tournament

Broly also wasn't canon back then, and Trunks wasn't running around defeating gods

I don't think we should base whats currently happening in the series to what was written almost 30 years ago.

Trunks does scale because he isn't scaling to his own timeline, he grows stronger when he jumps to the past with Goku & co. So his power scale is based directly in comparison to U7.

From the Cell saga to the Black Arc. He gained his power when fighting in U7's current timeline, not when he went back to the future

i get what youre saying but canon is canon until its not. and the point you made isnt the point he was making. hes saying that since trunks had to face the same threats that the regular time line did (he didnt) than trunks had to be as strong as goku/vegeta to defeat them. and thats just not true. different timelines of the same universe dont share everything. majin buu didnt even awaken in trunks time line

change of pace for a little aka argument time

post tournament of power who strongest between these 3?

Trunks, Gohan, and Android 17?

ive got 17>Gohan>Trunks
17 - went toe to toe with SSB Goku
Trunks - he is as strong or close to SSB power in Berserk form
Gohan - states he regresses in power and didn't improve during the tourney like every other saiyan.

Super definitely dropped the ball on the saiyan half breeds.

Also, power levels have become too outrageous. I personally feel that no one including Jiren should be able to hang with a God of D or angel.

17 - went toe to toe with SSB Goku
Gohan - states he regresses in power and didn't improve during the tourney like every other saiyan.

regress from what? are you saying that the gohan in the tournament of power is weaker than he was in Z?

Also in the speach vegeta gave about every saiyan in the tournament surpassing their limits over and over, gohan was literally the first person they cut too.

A3EA96C3-20FE-4954-A54C-18FDF56C6DB9.jpeg

:stoneface:

:stoneface:

the speed the stances :wow: i hope thats the direction this is taking i can see the drawing and animationn become

Back
Top Bottom