Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

regress from what? are you saying that the gohan in the tournament of power is weaker than he was in Z?

Also in the speach vegeta gave about every saiyan in the tournament surpassing their limits over and over, gohan was literally the first person they cut too.

My guy using a camera cut as scientific evidence :rofl:

It was said in Super he regressed big time on multiple ocassions

Show me a time stamp when anyone ever mentions him getting stronger than he was at any point in Z :nerd:

My guy using a camera cut as scientific evidence :rofl:

It was said in Super he regressed big time on multiple ocassions

Show me a time stamp when anyone ever mentions him getting stronger than he was at any point in Z :nerd:

That was all said before the first tournament and before his training. You’re quoting lines before he was even able to tap into his mystic powers again.

That was all said before the first tournament and before his training. You’re quoting lines before he was even able to tap into his mystic powers again.
You’re missing my point

No one ever called him “stronger” at any point during or after the TOP

i get what youre saying but canon is canon until its not. and the point you made isnt the point he was making. hes saying that since trunks had to face the same threats that the regular time line did (he didnt) than trunks had to be as strong as goku/vegeta to defeat them. and thats just not true. different timelines of the same universe dont share everything. majin buu didnt even awaken in trunks time line

True yeah he doesn’t have to be just as strong, that’s a stretch.

I personally think his power balances well whenever he is brought back each time. He’s usually brought back for the purpose of getting stronger so he can defeat an enemy. These are the same enemies that neither Gohan nor 17 would be required to defeat. His power should reflect that.

You’re missing my point

No one ever called him “stronger” at any point during or after the TOP

No one has to call him stronger. Because no one (in the show) assumed he was weak entering the tournament. To make the case that isn’t stronger than he was in Z has to ignore pretty much everything that happened involving his character after the revival of F arc. Even ignoring his fight with goku before the tournament. Based on what we know about namekian fusion and how Strong those namekeians had to be after absorbing the strongest fighters on their planet and how hogan fought against both of them while piccolo charged his special beam cannon that already put him far beyond anything we’ve seen in Z.

No one has to call him stronger. Because no one (in the show) assumed he was weak entering the tournament. To make the case that isn’t stronger than he was in Z has to ignore pretty much everything that happened involving his character after the revival of F arc. Even ignoring his fight with goku before the tournament. Based on what we know about namekian fusion and how Strong those namekeians had to be after absorbing the strongest fighters on their planet and how hogan fought against both of them while piccolo charged his special beam cannon that already put him far beyond anything we’ve seen in Z.
So basically, you’re just using your assumptions as fact and that’s what you’re basing you’re whole arguement on

giphy.gif

So basically, you’re just using your assumptions as fact and that’s what you’re basing you’re whole arguement on

giphy.gif

Says the guy who thinks gohan was at his strongest back when he was fighting cell?

Like I mentioned above when Vegeta have that speech about saiyans surpassing their limits DURING THE TOURNAMENT gohan was the first saiyan they flashed too. But I mean, but I guess that whole speech was about gohan NOT surpassing his limits and him getting weaker right?

To say that there’s no evidence suggesting that dbs gohan isn’t any stronger than dbz gohan is just being contrarian for no reason.

Says the guy who thinks gohan was at his strongest back when he was fighting cell?

Like I mentioned above when Vegeta have that speech about saiyans surpassing their limits DURING THE TOURNAMENT gohan was the first saiyan they flashed too. But I mean, but I guess that whole speech was about gohan NOT surpassing his limits and him getting weaker right?

To say that there’s no evidence suggesting that dbs gohan isn’t any stronger than dbz gohan is just being contrarian for no reason.
I never said Gohan was stronger when he fought Cell than when he fought Buu

I said that in Dragon Ball SUPER, at his peak, Gohan was only as strong as when he fought Cell

Mystic Gohan in Super is in no way as strong as Mystic Gohan from Z

Mystic Gohan in Super is in no way as strong as Mystic Gohan from Z

Based on what? Interested in how you came to this conclusion. This would put super mystic gohan at when weaker than cabba and that doesn’t even make sense. Keep in mind being mystic form unlocks all of Gohans potential and then some. Ifs not a base multiplier like ssj

To say that dbs mystic gohan is weaker than cell games ssj2 gohan would put mystic gohan at weaker than base goku. That’s a huge reach. How could it be justified that goku was holding back THAT MUCH even in ssb x kaioken? Without the obvious krilkin example

F Lohan, but I he's clearly stronger than Z Gohan in the ToP. The show doesn't have to explicitly state it. It's obvious.

So Vegeta and Gohan debates have returned to this thread after a 2 month hiatus........................:emoji_popcorn:

How Vegeta even have stans though, I’ll never understand it. Son is the proverbial loser in Dragon Ball more so than Krillin and Yamcha. It’s to where people are excited when he doesn’t take an L in an arc. Gohan killed a major villain that no one could though. There should forever be respect on his name.

Man what the **** are yall even arguing about? Were about to get possibly the biggest DB related theatrical film of all time and people are in here debating power levels and pecking orders. Who the **** cares, Broly is here, celebrate damn it

How Vegeta even have stans though, I’ll never understand it. Son is the proverbial loser in Dragon Ball more so than Krillin and Yamcha. It’s to where people are excited when he doesn’t take an L in an arc. Gohan killed a major villain that no one could though. There should forever be respect on his name.
his dad helped though

Man what the **** are yall even arguing about? Were about to get possibly the biggest DB related theatrical film of all time and people are in here debating power levels and pecking orders. Who the **** cares, Broly is here, celebrate damn it
its gonna end up being trash though
yall hype for nothing
quote this post for later

without ultra instinct, im pretty sure Vegeta's surpassed Goku if we keep it to Blue. Vegeta dodged Jiren and landed hits on him solo while Goku could only do that when teaming with Vegeta or tapping into Ultra Instinct (which he cant tap into anymore unless he's near death, but he'll probably eventually master it with more Whis training).

actually im not entirely sure if
SSB+Kaiokenx20 = Vegeta SSB Evolution, or if SSBE > SSBKx20. I gotta rewatch Super now smfh but ill wait for the dub to get there

EDIT:

BTW yall have selective memory when it comes to Pre-Teen Gohan

Yall forgot Perfect Cell was stronger than him? Yall do realize if Vegeta didnt distract Cell with that last beam, Gohan woulda gotten murked.

Cell died the strongest character of the Cell Arc

Last edited:
without ultra instinct, im pretty sure Vegeta's surpassed Goku if we keep it to Blue. Vegeta dodged Jiren and landed hits on him solo while Goku could only do that when teaming with Vegeta or tapping into Ultra Instinct (which he cant tap into anymore unless he's near death, but he'll probably eventually master it with more Whis training).

actually im not entirely sure if
SSB+Kaiokenx20 = Vegeta SSB Evolution, or if SSBE > SSBKx20. I gotta rewatch Super now smfh but ill wait for the dub to get there

Go back and re watch it. Vegeta knew Jiren was just holding back

If you basing it on hits. MVP did more damage to Jiren than Goku and Vegeta

Back
Top Bottom