Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

Live DB will never work. The look is half of db. That simply cannot be recreated. At least not in a way that’s pleasing to the eye

Totally disagree. Superman looked dope. It would have to be some compromises(like swapping out the fantasy cities and backdrops like East/West City), but it would work.

So im watching dbz from the beginning, and was wondering why vegetas hair and armor looked different before he landed on earth? Not gonna lie, looks dope than his usual colors

So im watching dbz from the beginning, and was wondering why vegetas hair and armor looked different before he landed on earth? Not gonna lie, looks dope than his usual colors
This was an animation error by Toei

Basically, they colored Vegeta without consulting with Toriyama on how he should look but after the episode aired Toriyama got them to correct it

Totally disagree. Superman looked dope. It would have to be some compromises(like swapping out the fantasy cities and backdrops like East/West City), but it would work.
Superman still looks human. Nobody in dbz looks human to begin with. Also that anime stuff is stupid in real life. Powering up and such does not translate well lol

Superman still looks human. Nobody in dbz looks human to begin with. Also that anime stuff is stupid in real life. Powering up and such does not translate well lol

Of course its not going to be 1:1 perfect real life to anime transition. Its silly to expect that. Hell, none of the Marvel Characters look like real life human beings. Didn't stop them from making millions.

Tony Stark and the Ultimate Nick Fury look almost exactly like their real life counterparts

You know exactly what I'm talking about and exactly what you're doing.

rob-liefeld3.jpg

Of course its not going to be 1:1 perfect real life to anime transition. Its silly to expect that. Hell, none of the Marvel Characters look like real life human beings. Didn't stop them from making millions.
Not what I’m getting at. DB’s look is a character all on its own. Heck the hair is the most recognizable feature in the series. You can’t 1:1 on that you might as well quit. Oh, and marvel gets pretty damn 1:1 as humanly possible. Don’t agree with that statement

If dudes go to is Tony Stark and Nick Fury(which we KNOW they changed for Sam Jackson), that pic stands. From the looks of it, they've calmed down on the unrealistic body proportions, probably to line up with the movies. But back in my comic book days, in the 90s. Dudes had muscles on top of muscles. Every hero had 0% body fat. Micheal Keaton wasn't even CLOSE to being built like the hero, but is still one of the greatest Batmans ever.

We talking about facial appearances or actual body proportions? Medium's rarely scale to real life, I'm talking strictly in the face. I also never mentioned Captin America

If dudes go to is Tony Stark and Nick Fury(which we KNOW they changed for Sam Jackson), that pic stands. From the looks of it, they've calmed down on the unrealistic body proportions, probably to line up with the movies. But back in my comic book days, in the 90s. Dudes had muscles on top of muscles. Every hero had 0% body fat. Micheal Keaton wasn't even CLOSE to being built like the hero, but is still one of the greatest Batmans ever.
Ok we can just stop becuase you’re pulling every trick in the good to not be wrong :lol:

Yeah I cant think of too many popular anime characters that would look like a real life human. They tried something with Alita and I thought she looked weird as ****, the hair in Dragonball dont help either

I mean live action dbz is possible if done right. I just don't have faith in hollywood to make it right.
RobotUnderground2's Light of Hope is decent and they didn't have a studio behind them.

DBZ would be terrible live

Superman works because Superman doesn't typically fight at supersonic speeds, nor does he have crazy hair, yells to power up, or fires chi blasts from his hands

It could never be done in a way that's live action where it wouldn't be lame as hell

DBZ would be terrible live

Superman works because Superman doesn't typically fight at supersonic speeds, nor does he have crazy hair, yells to power up, or fires chi blasts from his hands

It could never be done in a way that's live action where it wouldn't be lame as hell

Have you seen Batman v Superman??

So if they do a live action dbz movie , do they do an arc or a one of like anime movies ? You could do the sayian saga in a 2 hour movie , but anything else would be way too condensed .

Have you seen Batman v Superman??

Yeah and for all the reasons I listed its not a good comparison

Superman shooting beams out his eyes for 2 seconds doesn't compare to Goku shooting a Kamehameha for 10 or Vegeta a long *** final flash or dudes screaming for 20 seconds to turn blonde.

I think of the casual viewer when it comes to a live DB movie, they wouldn't know what's going on

Back
Top Bottom