Official Eating Healthy Thread Vol No Fast Food...

ive been dieting since the beginning of the year and have lost 20 lbs so far but lately ive been eating a ton of fast food because theyre practically giving itaway (popeyes, kfc) my diets gone to !@#$ but im still losing weight or at least maintaining it somehow. is my metabolism getting better or something?

For some reason I feel overwhelmed when I try to shop @ Trader Joes. Maybe it's because I've been shopping @ Safeway my whole life. I do buy theiraward winning 2 buck chuck @ Joe's.

What About Whole Foods Mrkt?
nerd.gif

Also Trader Joe's now carries bulgogi sushi
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

It's a bit high in sodium but it's a good treat every once in a while. I've got one on stash to enjoy this weekend.

I forgot to add vegetarian "meat" products from Trader Joe's and Whole Foods. I've been eating the pulled chick'n with barbecue sauce andit is great...only ~220 calories in each package too, and it's pretty filling.

Originally Posted by pdouly33

Also Trader Joe's now carries bulgogi sushi
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

It's a bit high in sodium but it's a good treat every once in a while. I've got one on stash to enjoy this weekend.

I forgot to add vegetarian "meat" products from Trader Joe's and Whole Foods. I've been eating the pulled chick'n with barbecue sauce and it is great...only ~220 calories in each package too, and it's pretty filling.

eek.gif
That sounds great. That your snack or part of your main meals?

i lost 25 lbs in about 3 months by eating healthy most of the times (cheated a little during weekends on the last month) but exercised at least 3x a week. wentfrom 157 to 133. i want to bulk up now, been working out at the same time but it seems hard to build muscles i think it's my genetic.

Gmills23 wrote:
What kind of breakfasts do you all eat?

3 eggs (1 whole, 2 egg whites only) & 2 slices whole wheat toast.

or

WHEY shake & 2 slices whole wheat toast.

Also oatmeal in place of the toast just add cinnamon and some splenda if needed.

I dropped like 40-45 pounds in one year by living by 3 rules:

1. No fast food (and similar foods like deep fried stuff)

2. No foods with high concentrations of sugar (candy, soda/Powerade, ice cream, desserts)

3. No eating meals past 8pm.

Eventually I adopted more healthy eating habits but if you're an overweight/obese dude trying to lose weight, I would recommend starting with those 3 rulesand going from there. Best decision I ever made in my life when I adopted those rules.

fruit and veggies

water and tea products is almost all ive been drinking (or trying to drink)
grin.gif

salad before meals ftw

earn your breakfast by doing at least a 20 minute workout before being awake for 15 minutes, it increases your performance thru the day and helps you burn morecalories all day
wink.gif

different types of meat have more protein and are leaner and better for you , so dont be scared to eat some buffalo
alien.gif

and everybody is different, so find what protein works best for you, some people get fat and bloated from eating fish protein, that means its not for you, trychicken

mushrooms, there's like over like 2300(?) different types, all of which have a bunch of different nutrients and antioxidants, also eating fungus promotes ahealthy immune system and cleans your doodoo out and such

nuts berries grains etc are all essential

Quinoa!!!!!!! is like the best grain ive ever eaten. its rich with protein.. Unlike wheat or rice (which are low in lysine), quinoa contains a balanced set ofessential amino acids for humans, making it an unusually complete protein source.[3] It is a good source of dietary fiber and phosphorus and is high inmagnesium and iron. Quinoa is gluten-free and considered easy to digest. Because of all these characteristics, quinoa is being considered a possible crop inNASA's Controlled Ecological Life Support System for long-duration manned spaceflights.

dark red and blue fruits are awesome for you as far as antioxidants go, and leafy green veggies are also the way to go

no fried seafood other than fish, being that most seafood releases cancer causing toxins when exposed to extremely high temperatures for a short time, evenpotatoes fried at high temperatures do the same, word to french fries being worse than cigarettes

as bland as it sounds, some boiled meat is like as healthy as you can get, i had a gym teacher that would walk around with a ziplock of boiled chicken cutlets,a jar of peanut butter and a gallon of water all day, needless to say dude was the size of triple h

beans lentils peas etc are all really good for you, and actually taste pretty awesome

dried fruit and other crap to help you crap dosent hurt every now and then. why eat a taco thats gunna clean u out in a bad way when u can have some prunes ordried figs that actually do clean you out
eyes.gif

get plenty of omega 3s from fish,walnuts,raisins, kale, wheat germ and others are all great sources..

its to early to keep thinking of more, if anything pops up i'll edit

i've been eating a lot of salads lately
drinking lots of water
is white rice good? cuz if not i might have to cut that outta my diet

^white rice is not good, you should switch to brown rice or something that has fiber.

remember, fiber keeps you full while having less calories. for example, i can eat a mcdonalds meal with 1500 calories and be full (and sick) for say 3 hours. ican eat refried beans, whole wheat tortilla, assorted vegetables with some salsa and come out with 300 calories and be full for 3 hours. that's how you caneat 6 meals a day and still come out to under 2000 calories. try to eat 5-6 meals a day with enough protein and fiber, while keeping the calories and sodiumdown.

as for breakfast, egg whites 2-3 with some brown rice (i like rice even in the morning) or wheat toast is good. if in a rush, a bowl of cheerios and skim milkis also good. or oatmeal and skim milk. none of that plate full of junk like bacon ham sausage with greasy potatos and sugary juice. it's good butthat's why america is fat...because food taste too good.

lastly, it all depends on your will as well and how bad you want it. if you can't stick to the diet and exercise you'll never lose weight.

Good thread. In addition of my diet I take Whey, Superpump250, NO-Xplode, Nitrix, and Nitrotech protein but my diet usually consists of:

Breakfast: banana/vanilla protein shake (48g of protein) and Bagel or Muffin with water.
Lunch: 2 cans of Tuna with mayo on wheat with 1 serving of baked chips.
Dinner: 1 pound of Steamed vegetables with wheat bread.

2 Gallons of water throughout the day.

On my cardio days I burn about 700-800 calories. I run 2 miles and lift 6 days a week and I went from a skinny 154lbs in February to a lean 200lbs (although Ihave nice vascularity and definition in my arms I have a bit of a stomach
frown.gif
)

how do you lose weight without gaining to much muscle? Im not overweight or anything i just want to become thinner than I am without gaining tons of muscle andtons of weight. Is this possible?

Originally Posted by nightruans

So after watching that video about how bad the KFC grilled chicken sandwich is
what video? I dont eat KFC but Id like to see it

additions:

try some of this stuff and see if you notice a difference in yourself.

-a purified fish oil supplement
-a daily multivitamin
-spirulina
-chlorella
-flaxseed
-wheatgrass shots/drinks, etc
-sprouted grain bread
-hemp protein
-quinoa
-salmon
-cheese
-wine
-extra virgin olive oil
-avocados
-fresh spinach
+ a variety of fresh vegetables/fruits, etc, etc

ezekiel-bread.jpg

Food for Life.

I tend to focus on color.
Nice bright fruits and veggies.
Nice dark green veggies.
For meats I suggest keep to poultry and fish high in Omega 3.
If your trying to be vegan it'll get super expensive.
So I suggest you keep it semi vegetarian unless you know you can afford it.
+@#@ killed my wallet.

I'm actually saving more money by eating healthier because now I won't even touch fast food or eat out that much. I've lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks bygoing vegetarian and I don't even exercise that much. I only weighed 120 before so I'm surprised the pounds came off so easily.

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

Good thread. In addition of my diet I take Whey, Superpump250, NO-Xplode, Nitrix, and Nitrotech protein but my diet usually consists of:

Breakfast: banana/vanilla protein shake (48g of protein) and Bagel or Muffin with water.
Lunch: 2 cans of Tuna with mayo on wheat with 1 serving of baked chips.
Dinner: 1 pound of Steamed vegetables with wheat bread.

2 Gallons of water throughout the day.

On my cardio days I burn about 700-800 calories. I run 2 miles and lift 6 days a week and I went from a skinny 154lbs in February to a lean 200lbs (although I have nice vascularity and definition in my arms I have a bit of a stomach
frown.gif
)
I find it hard to believe that you gained ~45lbs of lean muscle in less than four months. And you're not even on a bulking cycle, you'restill burning about 1/3 of your calories through cardio, not to mention whatever's burned by your resting metabolism.

Those kinds of gains have to unsustainable, assuming that you're telling the truth.

Originally Posted by chickfileezy

I'm actually saving more money by eating healthier because now I won't even touch fast food or eat out that much. I've lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks by going vegetarian and I don't even exercise that much. I only weighed 120 before so I'm surprised the pounds came off so easily.
Congratulations, you've lost water weight and/or muscle.

The moment you go back to eating regularly, you'll gain it right back.

What some of you guys have to understand is that, unless you know what you're doing and are specializing your diet to maximize results at the gym orwhatever, going on an extreme crash diet will only lead to you eventually falling back to unhealthy eating habits.

You have to learn how to make smart choices, pick healthy alternatives on a day to day basis, regulate your portions, and most of all, understand that yourbody will reach a certain point where you can allow yourself a cheat meal here and there.

It's not about starvation, people.

Back
Top Bottom