Official Eminem *Recovery* post Vol. 7th studio album 6/22/10

I swear Em's verse on No Love is the best thing I've ever heard. Dude goes OFF.

I hear that at the gym and literally go into beast mode.

This is the first Em album that I dont skip any songs since TES. And I love the intro to Spacebound, reminds me of the intro to Saying Goodbye To Hollywood. Really hoping I can see him when/if he goes on tour since I probably wont see him in Yankee Stadium...

sick.gif
pimp.gif

^ as it should be....pretty sure its why ross moved his back 2 weeks cuz he knew em would be #1 for atleast a month.

^ as it should be....pretty sure its why ross moved his back 2 weeks cuz he knew em would be #1 for atleast a month.

space bound is easily one of em's top 5 best songs of all time. this song is a classic song.

album is still on repeat. great to seem a great album doing well.

Originally Posted by KG21

Very, very good album, but it's not his best work.

1. MMLP
2. TES
3. SSLP
4. Recovery
5. Encore
6. Relapse

Have not listened to Infinite so I don't know where to rank it.
switch 5 & 6 and finally someone got  it right

This was the Em that hip hop was missing. And I think that "KG21" got it right. Relapse was his worst album. None of the songs on that album were even worthy of saving on my iTunes. Recovery on the other hand has been on repeat non stop! He embarrassed weezy on that track. His flow was just crazy!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by KG21

Very, very good album, but it's not his best work.

1. MMLP
2. TES
3. SSLP
4. Recovery
5. Encore
6. Relapse

Have not listened to Infinite so I don't know where to rank it.
switch 5 & 6 and finally someone got  it right
Nah..There were songs on Encore that i saved on my Itunes...Cant say the same for Relapse
sick.gif

Originally Posted by gentry187

This was the Em that hip hop was missing. And I think that "KG21" got it right. Relapse was his worst album. None of the songs on that album were even worthy of saving on my iTunes. Recovery on the other hand has been on repeat non stop! He embarrassed weezy on that track. His flow was just crazy!
pimp.gif
I understand why people feel relapse is his worst album but honestly I think in terms of flow and delivery, lyrically this is his best album to date.  Now granted Relapse does not have the same replay value as recovery but I view them under two different lights: Relapse as more of a concept album which attempts to push the boundaries of lyricism and IMO succeeds very well and Recovery a much more personal album that seems more of throwback to TES and MMLP era. 

I mean to say that not one song off Relapse is not worth "saving on iTunes" doesn't seem fair to say.  To be honest, I loved Relapse when it first came but after a couple dozen spins I got tired of it.  It wasn't until Recovery came out that I gave Relapse another spin and I realized not only how different these two albums were but that it made me grow an appreciation for it that I would not have had if Eminem had said that this would have been his last album.

I guess another way to put it is if I had to choose which cd to put into my car with people who aren't Eminem fans then I would put in Recovery.  Not everyone listens to rap for raw lyricism and skill, which is not a bad thing but I personally love to listen to people who try to do something original, lyrically speaking.  Recovery is an excellent album (lyrically) especially in comparison with what is available today music scene but IMHO Relapse trumps it.

I suppose it is the inability for fans to relate to Relapse's subject matter that drops it in many people's eyes as a poor album, which is why Recovery has the success it is currently enjoying.  And for the record I love Recovery but I just find the constant bashing of Relapse to be, mostly, unfairly grounded.

I put Encore ahead of Relapse because outside of a few songs (Big Weenie, !@! Like That and My 1st Single) the album was really solid. Like Toy Soldiers is in Em's top 10 for sure.

But Relapse? Rapping about jerking off to Hannah Montana who was what, 15/16 at the time? I can't get down with that. Getting incest raped by your dad? His wordplay may have been really good but the subject matter literally makes you want to
sick.gif
and not in a good way.

IDC what anyone says, Beautiful and Deja Vu were both great songs off Relapse. I enjoyed Underground and Stay Wide Awake as well. Hell Must be the Ganja wasn't bad

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

IDC what anyone says, Beautiful and Deja Vu were both great songs off Relapse. I enjoyed Underground and Stay Wide Awake as well. Hell Must be the Ganja wasn't bad
Those were the 2 best songs off the album.. definitely overlooked.. esp Deja Vu.. good ol' deep Em track

Does anyone listen to this on the regular?

I listened to it all the way through twice. I tried NT. I really tried but I can't get into it. He raps his @&$ off though. I steady like about 5-6 songs but I have to be in a mood...for real.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Does anyone listen to this on the regular?

I listened to it all the way through twice. I tried NT. I really tried but I can't get into it. He raps his @&$ off though. I steady like about 5-6 songs but I have to be in a mood...for real.
em's, big boi's, and the root's are the only 3 rap albums i listen to right now. em's been on repeat since it came out.

Originally Posted by uknowdonti

pimp.gif
I understand why people feel relapse is his worst album but honestly I think in terms of flow and delivery, lyrically this is his best album to date.  Now granted Relapse does not have the same replay value as recovery but I view them under two different lights: Relapse as more of a concept album which attempts to push the boundaries of lyricism and IMO succeeds very well and Recovery a much more personal album that seems more of throwback to TES and MMLP era. 

I mean to say that not one song off Relapse is not worth "saving on iTunes" doesn't seem fair to say.  To be honest, I loved Relapse when it first came but after a couple dozen spins I got tired of it.  It wasn't until Recovery came out that I gave Relapse another spin and I realized not only how different these two albums were but that it made me grow an appreciation for it that I would not have had if Eminem had said that this would have been his last album.

I guess another way to put it is if I had to choose which cd to put into my car with people who aren't Eminem fans then I would put in Recovery.  Not everyone listens to rap for raw lyricism and skill, which is not a bad thing but I personally love to listen to people who try to do something original, lyrically speaking.  Recovery is an excellent album (lyrically) especially in comparison with what is available today music scene but IMHO Relapse trumps it.

I suppose it is the inability for fans to relate to Relapse's subject matter that drops it in many people's eyes as a poor album, which is why Recovery has the success it is currently enjoying.  And for the record I love Recovery but I just find the constant bashing of Relapse to be, mostly, unfairly grounded.

Thank you sir.

Originally Posted by YardFather

Originally Posted by uknowdonti

pimp.gif

Thank you sir.

QFT, i like recovery better overall, but relapse was good, he went in on every track lyrically.

Any info on when the new videos are supposed to drop?

Back
Top Bottom