Official Eminem *Recovery* post Vol. 7th studio album 6/22/10

I can't dig Em anymore, his loud monotone predictable flow just wil not cut it...I can only stomach a song at a time...and I HATE his hooks...he can rap but that's it to me, he has no style anymore...he lacks the versatility he had on the MM LP imo

^
The hooks do suck at times.

Been loving this album. I only skip a few songs, (seduction, wont' back down)

I do agree about Beautiful. (I am a Queen fan even with Paul Rodgers) I thought that needed to be released. That song didnt' fit that album. Mostly because the rest of the album was eh.

Went back to listen to Encore. Evil Deeds, Crazy in Love, Mockingbird, In all honesty I don't know how Recovery compares to that one. It's either above it or just below it. Skill wise Recovery is crazy though.

Eminem will achieve a seventh week with sales north of 100k when the HITS Album Chart is final next Tuesday. Surprisingly, the last time this happened was earlier this year, when Lady Antebellum scored seven straight weeks at 100k+ with Need You Now. For now, at least, these are the two albums battling for the title as the year's best seller. Including next week's projected totals, Lady Antebellum leads with about 2.5m, while Eminem, still selling five-to-six times more per week, will be just under 2m. Nearing the end of the sales week, it looks like Eminem will regain the #1 spot, though the challenge from Arcade Fire looks formidable and still may surprise come Monday, as the band racks up its best sales week ever. No matter which of these two adventurous albums wins out, it looks like the old maxim still holds up: Good records sell.

Eminem (Shady/Aftermath/Interscope) 150-155k
Recovery11-300x300.jpg

* Arcade Fire (Merge) 130-140k
Avenged Sevenfold (Warner Bros.) 45-50k
Rick Ross (Def Jam/IDJ) 40-45k
Justin Bieber (Island/IDJ) 35-40k
* Lady Gaga, The Remix (Interscope) 35-40k
* Bun B (Rap-a-Lot) 35-40k
Drake (Young Money/Cash Money/Universal Motown) 30-35k
Lady Antebellum (Capitol Nashville/EMI) 30-35k
* Buckcherry (Eleven Seven Music) 25-30k
* Black Crowes (Silver Arrow/Megaforce) 25-30k
Arcade-Fire-The-Suburbs1-300x297.jpg

Kidz Bop Kids (Razor & Tie) 24-27k
Lady Gaga, The Fame (Interscope) 21-24k
Now 34 (Capitol/EMI) 20-22k
Black Eyed Peas (Interscope) 20-22k
* Denotes debut

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

Originally Posted by lyrikill

I can't dig Em anymore, his loud monotone predictable flow just wil not cut it...I can only stomach a song at a time...and I HATE his hooks...he can rap but that's it to me, he has no style anymore...he lacks the versatility he had on the MM LP imo

I agree, his hooks are very bad and his flow is too predictable. The subject matter is lacking too but he is talented
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Tha Flashy One

Eminem will achieve a seventh week with sales north of 100k when the HITS Album Chart is final next Tuesday. Surprisingly, the last time this happened was earlier this year, when Lady Antebellum scored seven straight weeks at 100k+ with Need You Now. For now, at least, these are the two albums battling for the title as the year's best seller. Including next week's projected totals, Lady Antebellum leads with about 2.5m, while Eminem, still selling five-to-six times more per week, will be just under 2m. Nearing the end of the sales week, it looks like Eminem will regain the #1 spot, though the challenge from Arcade Fire looks formidable and still may surprise come Monday, as the band racks up its best sales week ever. No matter which of these two adventurous albums wins out, it looks like the old maxim still holds up: Good records sell.

Eminem (Shady/Aftermath/Interscope) 150-155k
Recovery11-300x300.jpg

* Arcade Fire (Merge) 130-140k
Avenged Sevenfold (Warner Bros.) 45-50k
Rick Ross (Def Jam/IDJ) 40-45k
Justin Bieber (Island/IDJ) 35-40k
* Lady Gaga, The Remix (Interscope) 35-40k
* Bun B (Rap-a-Lot) 35-40k
Drake (Young Money/Cash Money/Universal Motown) 30-35k
Lady Antebellum (Capitol Nashville/EMI) 30-35k
* Buckcherry (Eleven Seven Music) 25-30k
* Black Crowes (Silver Arrow/Megaforce) 25-30k
Arcade-Fire-The-Suburbs1-300x297.jpg

Kidz Bop Kids (Razor & Tie) 24-27k
Lady Gaga, The Fame (Interscope) 21-24k
Now 34 (Capitol/EMI) 20-22k
Black Eyed Peas (Interscope) 20-22k
* Denotes debut

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

Imagine if all those Lady Antebellum buyers knew how to download for free like a lot of people interested in Recovery do. Recovery doing this week is crazy IMO. 

This is my favorite Eminem album. It's less dark than his other ones which is the reason I can't get into his other albums. They are all negative. This album is somewhat uplifting and his skills are still there. The Drake album is good, but this is wayyyyy better. I give it a 9/10. I'm feeling 5/6 songs out of the bat and I just got it yesterday, the Rihanna track is actually my favorite for now.

on 'Almost Famous' around the 4 minute mark I swear Em says " I'll leave a bruise on LEBRON so dark you'll still see his scars" Is that what he really says there? I want to think he says bruise on a broad but it sounds more like LeBron lol SOmeone in the know help me out please

[table][tr][td][/td][td]5[/td][td]EMINEM[/td][td]SHADY/AFTERMATH/INT[/td][td]59,598[/td][td]-7%[/td][/tr][tr][td]RECOVERY[/td][/tr][/table]
its crazy how he still in the top 5 sales charts

are people still listening to recovery?

I feel like I kinda stopped listening to it about a month ago

I'll go back and listen to a track here or there

I still have the album in regular rotation, and enjoy some of the songs I was never crazy about even more.

Only track I skip is WTP.

Not much at all. Although I feel it's better than Recovery.

Dude has to do something about the lack of replay value with his albums.

Originally Posted by JOaRiDrAN23

on 'Almost Famous' around the 4 minute mark I swear Em says " I'll leave a bruise on LEBRON so dark you'll still see his scars" Is that what he really says there? I want to think he says bruise on a broad but it sounds more like LeBron lol SOmeone in the know help me out please

The line is as follows:
...he says he'll pinch a penny so hard
he'll leave a bruise on the bronze so dark you can see the mark
with the scars, til' Abraham Lincoln is screaming out "argh!"

Back
Top Bottom