Official FIFA Soccer 14 Thread

Get promoted from division 5 with ease but I get demoted from division 4 regularly. I'm in limbo. [emoji]128528[/emoji]
And ways how do y'all counter players that constant aggressively jockey you? A few times I have players that do the push pull and I can't shake them, or other times they'll will barrel straight into me and knock me over but they don't press B because I don't see the tackling animation and they rarely ever get called for fouls.

I also stopped playing seasons and stayed at Div 2, too much crap. I just play the online champions shield tournament or whatever its called and single matches.

For 1 on 1s its basically try not to panic or over think the situation. One of my go to moves on 1 on 1s is the finesse shot. Pick a post in goal and place it, preferably your strong foot and the near post for me. Knowing your players strong foot helps a lot in 1 on 1s or goal scoring chances.

One other thing I do is when they are charging and no defenders are around, I immediately just move up or down on the pitch to angle myself to a post and just do a regular shot or a finesse.

If finesse shooting isn't your thing, theres one other key shot thats useful for 1 on 1s. Im on the 360 but its holding down the LT button during a regular shot. Make sure you hold the LT button a half second to a second before pressing down B to shoot. Its a placement shot that is more accurate but with less power. Most of the times during 1 on 1s an accurately placed shot is better than a straight power shot. Also holding down the power button 2-3 bars does work a lot of the times with strong shooters.

If any of the above doesn't work, I strongly suggest going into the practice arena and keep trying those methods. Its a lot simpler than what it sounds but sometimes keepers like Casillas, Neuer, Buffon, Courtois, Cech will make some incredible saves and you just gotta deal with it :smh:

Last edited:
I still cant figure out how to get into the practice arena.... 
nerd.gif
mean.gif

So how in the world did you pull off that team for regular FUT?

Man, I was just playing a WC and am in the semis. Dude has an 86 overall team. That's fine with me, just beat same overall team in quarters. He scores first on a header with Klose -_- but its not a big deal. I score two before half and go into half with a 2-1 lead and 65% possession.

Game keeps going and he just kicks it as far as he can to Marco Reus. I go chasing him down with Boateng and pull on him to try and win the ball. Head ref sends off Boateng. So I sub Bruno Alves in for Luka Modric and move my players back a spot to play what went from a 4-4-1-1 to a 4-4-1.

This dude just starts going on a rampage counter attacking me after I have open netters and his keeper makes miraculous saves.

He finishes with 4 shots on target and I lose 4-2 :smh:

I also finished with 61% and 8 shots on target. I hate this game so much.

I still cant figure out how to get into the practice arena.... :nerd: :smh:
I think its under the same page as Play Now or whatever under "More" It will take you to a new page and you find the Practice Arena. Takes a bit of digging around but it can help out a lot. You can also practice penalties, free kicks, and corners if you press the select/back button in the arena. You can also practice 1 on 1s in a match practice too. Gives you the normal game camera angle instead of the Be a Pro camera in the regular Arena.

i think i'm just aiming it all wrong tbh.
Practice fam, you'll get it down soon. After a while its all muscle memory like a previous NTer mentioned.

Thanks, I'll have to look for it again.  Been wanting to get in there to learn skill move controls... Right now I just spam the skill stick once in a while and hope I get lucky with a desirable move. 
laugh.gif

I'm having a really good run right now in Division 4... 3 games left and I've already got promotion so I'm going for that Title. 
pimp.gif
 My defense feels really panicky to me but I dunno, the results are there.  I haven't been winning games by more than 1 goal and most of the time its 1-0 or 2-1.  When I started in division 10 even people were just lighting me up but I think my corner/crossing defense has gotten WAY better.

I usually stick with 3 moves. Roulette, body feint, and McGeady/Berba spin.

Sometimes throw in some heel flicks.

Very easy to do, yet effective.

Last edited:

I wanna learn the shot fake and the body faint.

The Berba/McGready spin is flick up then left/right isn't it?

Depends on what direction you're going.

Say you're dribbling toward the goal, to go up you flick right, then up. To go down you flick right then down.

You basically flick the direction you're going, then the direction you want to go to.

Fake shots -> cuts are simple, just try not to do them when you're holding down turbo.

Body feints are my absolute favorite. Works 90% of the time.

Last edited:

Same here, those are basically the only 4 skills I use plus a few heel chops here and there. Been trying to master elasticos and other 5 star skills too.

I hope they keep the skilling controls the same for 15. First year skilling and I'm loving it even though you only had to press LT in previous years. I just hope they dumb down the assisted defending next year. I'll pull a string of nice skills only to be auto-tackled by the AI defense knowing damn well the guy im crossing up is sweating his balls off watching me tear through his defense only to be saves by auto tackle.

i'm thinking of trading this game in.  GS gonna give me $33 if i trade it in this week.  Only gotta wait a couple months to get 15.  I'll probably go ham with 14 until i trade it in on Saturday.

I know this game is worthless the closer FIFA15 is.

i'm thinking of trading this game in.  GS gonna give me $33 if i trade it in this week.  Only gotta wait a couple months to get 15.  I'll probably go ham with 14 until i trade it in on Saturday.

I know this game is worthless the closer FIFA15 is.
Need to get some games in with you
nerd.gif

I dont think I've played you before

Back
Top Bottom