Official Final Fantasy Thread | XII is the GOAT

Would y’all prefer an FF6 remake that looks (and plays) like Trials of Mana or would you want the FF7 Remake engine used for all remakes?

I think for 1-6, Trials of Mana/DQ11 graphics would work better.

Would y’all prefer an FF6 remake that looks (and plays) like Trials of Mana or would you want the FF7 Remake engine used for all remakes?

I think for 1-6, Trials of Mana/DQ11 graphics would work better.
2D ones = Trials of Mana route and 8-9 = FF7R route seems ideal to me.

I can already imagine Lindblum from FF9 in my head and it'll be so massive, possibly rivaling Midgar in size.

Both games use the same graphics engine btw, Unreal Engine 4, like almost every game these days that isnt made by Rockstar or Kojima

I was talking more artstyle wise. The older ones will probably be the best looking in the ToM / DQ artstyle, while the "3D" ones will probably be best in the 7R artstyle.

I was talking more artstyle wise. The older ones will probably be the best looking in the ToM / DQ artstyle, while the "3D" ones will probably be best in the 7R artstyle.
Artsyle wise, you’d have to go ToM for IX because of the cartoony/deformed designs. It would look silly doing it in 7R style unless they overhauled the characters a lot

1589000589700.jpeg

:nerd:

Artsyle wise, you’d have to go ToM for IX because of the cartoony/deformed designs. It would look silly doing it in 7R style unless they overhauled the characters a lot

1589000589700.jpeg

:nerd:
I feel like 9 can work as a hybrid between the two styles.

Imagine if they remade some scenes of crisis core into the ff7 remake.....

maybe even some gameplay with zack and aerith

They should use the Okami style of cel shading since that would represent Amanos art style well

Having slight withdrawals after beating remake.

Been watching a lot of theory videos and also Aerith's english VA do her playthrough :lol:

RPG plans after this are to beat DQXI for the switch, replay IX and then XII

I hated Squall's character. He was a lil bish
I did when I was a kid but as I've gotten older and talked to a therapist, I understand him more. He's blocking himself off so he doesn't get hurt anymore. Rinoa helps him out of his shell.

For those that beat hard mode, how difficult is it compared to normal?

It's definitely more difficult and takes some getting used to. You really need to ration your MP accordingly. Can't just fire off thundaga at everyone since you can't use items. I found it to be enjoyable and worth the 2nd playthrough.

Back
Top Bottom