Official Final Fantasy Thread | XII is the GOAT

What’s your guys’ Materia set up for the Sephiroth battle?! I keep dying when at the phase where he gets his wing.

Whoever your support is needs to have the magnify (so it spreads to everyone) and the auto. That was key, tbh. I don't remember my exact set up, but I had all of the elements spread among my party members.

Also playing a replay of FF9 right now. All y'all sayin it hAsN't AgEd WeLL are wildin.

Success! I finally beat the game lol.

This remake was great. They expanded so much of Midgar and the character’s stories. Cannot wait for the next part of the game. I really hope it doesn’t take too long to release.

Next: Re-play TLOU

What’s your guys’ Materia set up for the Sephiroth battle?! I keep dying when at the phase where he gets his wing.
What level are you? What difficulty are you playing on? I managed to beat him first try and don't think I changed strats or even really put any thought into the battle. He was harder on OG FF VII :lol:

Chapter 16 wasn't bad but I did play it over 2 days. I'd take Chapter 16 of FFVIIR over Chapter 13 of FFXV anyday

What level are you? What difficulty are you playing on? I managed to beat him first try and don't think I changed strats or even really put any thought into the battle. He was harder on OG FF VII :lol:
Normal difficulty.
Level 33-34 lol

Yeah none of the boss fights are really hard with the right material set up. The only one that had me thinking twice was Bahamut :lol:

BUT WHY THE **** IS ZACK ALIVE???
Because

B6C352E9-DE1F-4229-B6FA-9C598BC14343.jpeg

Well theres pretty much no way they can fit the entire rest of the OG story into one game so i can definitely see them changing the story around in favor of something new.

Well theres pretty much no way they can fit the entire rest of the OG story into one game so i can definitely see them changing the story around in favor of something new.

Have you played yet? There's a LOT different with it. lol

Yea i finished the remake last month. And finished the OG again yesterday. Outside of Sephiroth the remake stayed true to the story though. Just focused only on Midgar and went more in depth. I dont think they can do the same part 2 unless they drastically cut out parts of the story. So i can see them changing it.

Crazy cause its not even Noruma's fault...

Final Fantasy VII Remake expands on the Midgar story arc significantly. When developing the game, how did you decide on the parts that you wanted to expand?

Kitase:
I personally envisioned quite a dramatic change overall, but our director; Tetsuya Nomura and co-director; Naoki Hamaguchi, wanted to keep the beloved aspects in the original as much as possible. Eventually the development team decided to focus on respecting the original while adding in new elements, ensuring a delicate balance between the two.

Realized I didn't unlock Bahamut or Leviathan. Dammit.

Going to work on that lol.

I just did Leviathan last night.

Beat Sephiroth too. That first half, I'm not gonna lie he had me.

Just realized the credits are done in the same style as Advent Children.
Anyone else read the Ultimania or the TVTropes page for the remake? I weebay'd so many times.

Last edited:
Debating what game to start next.. I'm thinking another playthrough of XII or IX. Is FFV available digitally? I don't think I've ever played it. I've played IV and VI-XV but I don't think I ever tried 5 lol

Debating what game to start next.. I'm thinking another playthrough of XII or IX. Is FFV available digitally? I don't think I've ever played it. I've played IV and VI-XV but I don't think I ever tried 5 lol

My vote will always be IX. XII is just okay in my own opinion.

Yes! I believe V and all the OGs are available on Steam! I'm pretty sure V is on my wishlist, but I'm too lazy to open up my 2FA app to log in and check lol. The mobile ports of the old ones are also decent. I have FFVI on my iPad.

I will go on record and say that I'd rather fight Yiazmat again from 100% health to zero in one sitting than do the jump rope mini game in ff 9. One of only two things in all FF games that has bested me. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom