Official FUTURE A1/FBG Thread

Inside The Mattress 
nthat.gif

Listened to a few tracks thru my iPhone speaker did it no justice. Need this car test coming real soon.

Imma Zay Stan so yea Beastmode jus goin always be it for me

Zay fan as well, that tape just didn't do it for me either.

IDK, Future just be mumbling his way through tracks and the autotune just makes it that much more difficult to discern his lyrics.

And on that note, he's just lyrically lazy. He's a volume shooter and for fans of his sound he's Kobe in his prime.

But for me a rapper needs to have at least a respectable level of lyricism for me to really rock with him. Guwop has that. He's clever AF with his punchlines and he'll surprise you with his rhyme schemes.

Future has no such qualities. He is what it is. His delivery is telegraphed, you can see where he's going.

All this talk about banners, and "he did it again", when I'm searching for just one, one showing that is download worthy is funny to me.

Different strokes I guess. I will concede he went in on "Low Life". IDK why he doesn't show up like that for a mixtape. Also wondering why that single isn't available on iTunes nor heard on this tape.

Last edited:
This mixtape cool so far but man Inside The Matress is fire. Thats the stand out for me. Nard & B with Future dont miss
This. I do agree with son tho, dudes was on ig with memes and omg he did it again 15 minutes after it came out. Didn't even hear the music yet, future just the it thing right now to the point whatever he touches will be gassed. But this deserves the praise, the real fans been waiting on this, we ain't had our fix since ds2,that was ages ago.

I'm jus not approaching a Future/Gucci project the same way I am a Cole or Kendrick one ..hell not even the same way I am a Ross one.

His **** in throughout this run jus puts me in a zone man :lol:

Hard to describe. I don't see how you can listen to Codeine Crazy or throw away and don't see any type of substance tho. But your right everybody has different strokes

Tape is missing anthems. Each of the 4 peat had em. This is just party music which is cool but the wizard is better than this

Tape is missing anthems. Each of the 4 peat had em. This is just party music which is cool but the wizard is better than this
Give it time brother give it time. Something off of here will probably pop. Dk yet.

I'm jus not approaching a Future/Gucci project the same way I am a Cole or Kendrick one ..hell not even the same way I am a Ross one.

His **** in throughout this run jus puts me in a zone man :lol:

Hard to describe. I don't see how you can listen to Codeine Crazy or throw away and don't see any type of substance tho. But your right everybody has different strokes

Of course, I hear that.

But what I'm saying is that Guwop is a lot more sound lyrically than people give him credit for.

The I'm Up mixtape alone is FULL of gems from that man. He really be saying some ****. Gucci CAN spit.

Future? Not so much. I don't need a "car test" for Guwop to know if a tape is good from him. If anything the car just enhances his music.

I feel like Future uses his production as a crutch. In a vacuum, he's NOT a good rapper. He can't spit.

Is his stuff sonically pleasing? A little. But HIS rapping takes some of that away from me because he's so damn inaudible at times with his mumbly auto-tune schtick.

Like choose one. Either be a mumbly ***** or do the auto-tune thing Footch, you can't do both.

Last edited:
Zay fan as well, that tape just didn't do it for me either.

IDK, Future just be mumbling his way through tracks and the autotune just makes it that much more difficult to discern his lyrics.

And on that note, he's just lyrically lazy. He's a volume shooter and for fans of his sound he's Kobe in his prime.

But for me a rapper needs to have at least a respectable level of lyricism for me to really rock with him. Guwop has that. He's clever AF with his punchlines and he'll surprise you with his rhyme schemes.

Future has no such qualities. He is what it is. His delivery is telegraphed, you can see where he's going.

All this talk about banners, and "he did it again", when I'm searching for just one, one showing that is download worthy is funny to me.

Different strokes I guess. I will concede he went in on "Low Life". IDK why he doesn't show up like that for a mixtape. Also wondering why that single isn't available on iTunes nor heard on this tape.

I understand this dude very clearly. Future X Zay is a match made in heaven. Just play Colosal with Rap Genius up to try and get a better understanding or something :lol:. He says a lot of slick sht....

Of course, I hear that.

But what I'm saying is that Guwop is a lot more sound lyrically than people give him credit for.

The I'm Up mixtape alone is FULL of gems from that man. He really be saying some ****. Gucci CAN spit.

Future? Not so much. I don't need a "car test" for Guwop to know if a tape is good from him. If anything the car just enhances his music.

I feel like Future uses his production as a crutch. In a vacuum, he's NOT a good rapper. He can't spit.

Is his stuff sonically pleasing? A little. But HIS rapping takes some of that away from me because he's so damn inaudible at times with his mumbly auto-tune schtick.

Like choose one. Either be a mumbly ***** or do the auto-tune thing Footch, you can't do both.
I'm glad somebody appreciates gucci lowkey lyrics. Tho future ain't on wop level lyrically, he is still appreciated, he talk that ****.

I understand this dude very clearly. Future X Zay is a match made in heaven. Just play Colosal with Rap Genius up to try and get a better understanding or something :lol:. He says a lot of slick sht....

Let me clarify.

On some tracks, he comes in a lot clearer.

And I'm not going to say that he sucks on every track.

I just feel that he's very inconsistent. I also think he rushes projects and could put together much better projects if he took his time.

He's not w/o potential, he's just surfing his wave hard right now. He knows his formula is working and a long layoff could hurt his brand.

But if he wants to really take it up to the next level he needs to step back IMO and take some time between projects.

Let me clarify.

On some tracks, he comes in a lot clearer.

And I'm not going to say that he sucks on every track.

I just feel that he's very inconsistent. I also think he rushes projects and could put together much better projects if he took his time.

He's not w/o potential, he's just surfing his wave hard right now. He knows his formula is working and a long layoff could hurt his brand.

But if he wants to really take it up to the next level he needs to step back IMO and take some time between projects.

Imma have to respectfully disagree. Dude wouldn't be where he is today, without the original 3peat. Monster, Beast Mode & 56 Nights.

Those were well put together not rushed projects spanning from Oct/Nov, Jan & March. Almost universally considered his 3 best bodies of work. This is what got him to where he is today.

I do agree that he does need to take a lil time off, and refresh a lil bit. But the streets hungry.

This tape ain't the one.

Maybe my view will change as I spin it more.

Not one song made me stop and say OH **** like Monster, Beast Mode, 56 Nights and DS2 did off the initial listen. Even WATTBA made me stop and replay a few joints.

Back
Top Bottom