Dude life was really Above The Rim.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

damn scola got checked
laugh.gif
i know he had intent on floppin on that, which he did, dfish still went in

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bijald0331

i wish the good do a one-hour special of ron artest telling his childhood stories to a room full of shocked white people...it would be too funny
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Im convinced the majority of people who said the Lakers played dirty don't play basketball. Neither team played dirty IMO, good physical basketball.Physical boxout by ron, get off me elbow by Kobe, Scola getting under people's skin, Fisher doing what he had to do

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Ask Spike Lee and how he almost canceled his movie do to Kobe's douche baggery. Guarantee you that movie is like a 30 minute Kobe propaganda film.

This is how I feel about Kobe and the persona, but this does not effect my basketball opinions, the fact that Kobe is the best player on the planet. He just happens to also be the biggest douche on the planet.

Because he knows he is the best at what he does? Because he will tell a player he can't guard him? That the face guarding doesn't work? Because of his personal life being made public? If you had skills like that I guarauntee you that you would be boasting about it. I mean nobody can guard him 1 on 1. His personal life is his personal life, how does that affect you? Get over it dude, worry about yourself, I bet Kobe doesn't lose one ounce of sleep because he is up thinking about how you don't like him.
Seriously now. If we judged bball players by what they only do on the court and not off the court, there will be totally different perceptions onplayers like ron artest, starbury, etc. We, fans, hear stories like how artest is from queensbridge and how he grew up in the hood and everything. With that,we stereotypically assume he is a straight ghetto dude or whatvr. Same with other players that came from real grimey areas. Now back to Kobe. Kobe grew up inItaly and played in Philly too. He was from the suburbs. And once again, stereotypically, we expect suburbanites to play with less "swagger" in theirgame and etc. But what we see from Kobe is quite the opposite. I don't even need bring up his personal life. Kobe can be cocky all he want but hedidn't grow up in that kind of environment that suggests he would be like that. It is a stereotype but at the same time, we, the public have made it astereotype. If Yao Ming started talking trash like Kobe... Fans would be clownin him too. But Yao Ming doesn't. He plays his part in the stereotype ofAsians. Not saying you have to stay within your stereotype, but come on, there will be hate and there will be dislike when you try to change or be different.Especially, when you try to hard to be something you are not. Word to Kobe Bryant feat. Tyra Banks - K.O.B.E. And besides, Kobe is and was never an underdog inlife. I don't hate on people that have been well off ever since birth, but people need to play their part and be respectful too.

Originally Posted by HighRep87

If you are not a Laker fan I have no idea how you can be a Kobe fan.

He is the most manipulative and fake NBA player, a shameless self promoter, and a dirty player/human being.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif
Eh.. I think he's a douche and a bastard.. Selfish.. And can't see how anyone who's not from LA (or a Lakers fan from before) can be aKobe fan..
But he's not that much of a self promoter.. He just gets his and does it by any means necessary.. That dirty bastard!

And yes, Kobe did rape like OJ did kill. Truth! lol

Chuck: *Looks under table* I'm looking for something
Kenny: What are you looking for?
Chuck: Andrew Bynum

eek.gif
laugh.gif

if ron artest came out with like memoirs or a autobiography when his career is over...that would be golden
not a biography though because it would have to be written in the words of ron artest
laugh.gif

If you are not a Laker fan I have no idea how you can be a Kobe fan.

He is the most manipulative and fake NBA player, a shameless self promoter, and a dirty player/human being.
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Ska - i was here.. on NT... when Shaq and Kobe were together... and you never heard a word around these parts about Kobe being a "dirty human being".

All of a sudden the Shaq/Kobe feud takes off... Kobe has the trouble with his wife and Colorado... and ever since he's a marked man around these parts, with an entire camp of "haters".

Maybe that doesn't mean you - but we're talking about the vast majority of people here.
roll.gif

No disrespect... But you are SO wrong on that.

I remember for a fact that there was quite an anti-Kobe faction on NT. Maybe because FRESH fell back due to mod interference... and Zo got chased away... andKICKS OFF retired to Florida (I mean General).... that you're forgetting what the hate for Kobe was like back then. If I'm not mistaken, there wascraziness during the series when he had the airballs. There was hate on the Sunshines... Hate when he first met his broad.... Come on man, don't act likethis Kobe hate is new. Dudes BEEN hating him.

Originally Posted by dyyhard

no one wants to play with you charles - you got no rings.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Damn son... that was low.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
@ that gif Crank.

This was a good game. I'm still baffled at how Ron got a foul called on him for getting an elbow to the throat...did he throat foul Kobe?

I hope the media understands where Ron is at in his career now. He drives me nuts at times, but the guy has heart and does not take anything from anyone. Hegave the PERFECT answer after the game when asked about the Kobe confrontation, and I can't see how anyone thinks it was justified that he got ejected.

Derek Fisher on the other hand...that was one of the biggest punk moves you can pull in my opinion. Man up or sit down...but doing what he did...
eyes.gif
grin.gif

I LOVE this team, regardless of what happens in this series. I'm just glad we ain't backing down. This is by far one of my favorite teams in the last5-10 years. Hope this series goes to 7 (or Rockets in 6
happy.gif
). Just wantsome solid, FAIR basketball at this point.

Back
Top Bottom