Official Game 3: 05/08 Los Angeles @ Houston Rockets 8:30PM CST ESPN

Heck with that, we gotta make them shirts that say "win one for the Fish"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by blackxme

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

Now that after all that transpired in game 2, I expect the Rockets to come out and set the tone in game 3. And there's no doubt that our crowd will be energized and our guys should feed off that. Coming home I'm proud of what my team has accomplished by splitting the first two games in L.A. You can't ask for much more than what they did. Also I'm encouraged because we didn't play our best basketball in either of the two games and had a chance to take both. A few things that must improve for us to win game 3:
- Continue to get great energy and scoring off the bench.
- I hope Von works things out with Rick. We need his scoring punch.
- Yao must get the ball more, he can't be rendered useless, we'll have no chance in this series if continues to score less than 20 ppg. He only had 4 shots, 4 shots!! That's not going to cut it
- Keep your turnovers down, we had 19 turnovers last, 19. And all our turnovers do is fuel the Lakers' fast break. NO LAYUPS
-Ron needs to keep shooting the way he is shooting. He didn't take as many questionable shots as I thought he would in L.A.( Maybe because his was making so many shots). But he needs to keep taking it to the basket, there's no way Ariza can stop him.
-Let Kobe dominate the ball and make him take as many shots as possible. No ones going to shut him down but you can sure as hell make him inefficient. Sooner or later Kobe will become tired, B.Roy commented on how tired he felt after that series with the Rockets. Make him work.

And yeah I beat you Laker fans to the punch
laugh.gif
The Rockets played the best they could play in game 1 IMO. They score 98 points a game as a team on the season while allowing only 94 so I would say they played right up there with how they normally do.
I disagree. In game1 not only were we out-rebounded but we turned the ball over 16 times. Our bench wasn't that great and the starters were the ones who really played well.
So no we haven't played our best game yet.

So do you mean best as in perfect? That might not happen you know.
No sir, I understand that would be ridiculous. But a game where we shoot well from three, execute our offense, play d, have single digit turnovers, and out rebound the Lakers.
That's the best possible game we can have.
That would be a perfect game to me.

I mean out rebounding the Lakers with all the height they have will be tough, the only game they have out rebounded them so far was in their loss (105-100) onJan 13th.
I expect them to always play well on defense, Both games 1 and 2 they have.
The offense is hard to execute if the Lakers continue to front Yao in the post. The only way they can free him up is for Scola to hit his jumpers when the helpon the weakside comes over.
The Rockets have not shot the three well all year against the lakers (using 40% and better as good). The only game they did that was in their loss on Jan 13where they shot 42%.
They also average 14 TO's per game on the season and in the Postseason so far it's pretty much the same except they are causing there oponents toturnover the ball less!

So it seems like you are asking for all of these things to happen on the same game that this team doesn't seem capable of doing. Now I am not saying theyare a bad team they just don't have certain tools to get done what you are asking of them to do, namely, shoot 40% or better from 3, execute their offense,play D, have single digit TO's, and outrebound the Lakers all in one game.

If they do all that beleive me it would be the perfect game for them!

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Ariza needs to guard Battier and Kobe needs to defend Artest at some point in this game. Certainly not the whole game, but maybe in the 4th.

And please, for the love of God, Phil, can you get Bynum some touches? Can you get that kid goin a little bit?
This almost reminds me of what Sloan has done to AK47. That dude was a star and then got in Sloan's doghouse and has been unable to get it back. Bynum seems not to be in the doghouse, but affected by his minutes and what not from Phil. Fix that sh*^.
embarassed.gif

I expect a real good game. And the atmosphere to be crazy indeed.

Let's get it.
pimp.gif
So Kobe on Artest the whole game? Nah.

Ariza is your best perimeter defender, you might as well leave him on Artest while Kobe can rest on D guarding Shane.

Coulda, swore, I said.........huh?
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
Come on man, too early in the morning to be hurtin my head like this.

And I don't care if Ariza is the best perimeter defender we have, quit lookin at your stat sheets and see that Ariza is clearly not strong enough to be down low with Artest. He doesn't have that strength. If Artest stays out behind the 3 all game, then yeah, Ariza will be fine, but if Artest is smart and goes on the block, Ariza gon get mauled. That is why Kobe will have to spend some time guarding Ron in the game. Odom could handle Artest too, but then Ariza would be on Scola, or Landry, or whoever is in with Ron, and that doesn't help either.
So now you expect Kobe to do all the work Offensive and Defensively? Where will the points come from? A tired Kobe? Because you know all too wellthe rest of the Lakers are not shooting the ball well.

I don't agree with sticking Kobe on Artest all game I say in the first quarter only to maybe knock Artest off his game and to make him want to go one onone with kobe but then switch defenders. But I personally don't want to see Kobe guarding Artest all game long.

I think Kobe should take Artest at certain points in the game if he starts to get hot. Trevor is too small, but is an excellent close out defender so ifBattier is out spotting up, he should be fine. Artest clearly is bodying him every time in the post, and even though Kobe isn't anywhere near as strong, hecould definitely fair better, I remember KB24 backing down Bron in the post and holding his own against him when he posted up as well. I don't think Kobewill be able to do that for extended stretches unless he gets some help on the offensive end, he can't score 40 AND defend Artest for the entire game,it'll just take too much out of him.

Anyway I'm expecting a good game tonight, I'm interested to see how Farmar plays and will somebody please find where Andrew Bynum has been hiding
nerd.gif
smh.gif
? Lakers by 3, Kobe with 35 and Artest with 28.

For the love of God folks.

DO NOT PUT KOBE ON ARTEST ALL GAME.

This is what I said CLEARLY, I said for stretches. Maybe in the 4th. THAT IS ALL!!!!!!!!

Read. Read the posts, read them. Read. Thank you. Read.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

Hey CP. Let dude let his predicition become a self-fulfilling prophecy.
pimp.gif

It's only self fulfilling if the Laker Players feel this way, otherwise it's just a prophecy.

For the love of God folks.

DO NOT PUT KOBE ON ARTEST ALL GAME.

This is what I said CLEARLY, I said for stretches. Maybe in the 4th. THAT IS ALL!!!!!!!!

Read. Read the posts, read them. Read. Thank you. Read.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I read it and confused it with another post. My bad
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Cavs fan checking in (I'm unbiased)...this series is the #*$@! I can't remember the last game I watched that was as entertaining as game 2 LMAO
roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
...since KG & Jameer Nelson are hurt, we're basically on cruise control till The Finals (I won't even mention that sorry +!* "team" from down south
laugh.gif
). Here's to more HARD FOULS, techs, dudes acting hard when they are soft as baby poop (i.e. Luke Walton), & most importantly GREAT HOOPS. May the best team win
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I finally got tickets to tonights game. I got on the toyota center website this morning( Due to HtownRox hinting at this) and there were some tickets to mysuprise. Big ups to HtownRox and I'm glad that I'll be in the building to root my team on tonight.
Let's Go Rockets!!!

fight night
whos gonna take rd3 scorecard?

hopefully houston can control their emotions early. the crowd will be amped, the players need to settle down.

will ron ron revert to throwing elbows, hopefully no crazy ron 2n
laugh.gif

I thought Ron said he doesn't elbow anyone.
nerd.gif

Musta been the old Ron, the new and improved one is above all that now.
laugh.gif

I Don't think ron has the mental strength to continue to play da way he has. He seems to be gettin caught up in this "Rivalry" and dat is onlygonna fuel kobe more.

I think this is the third game 3 thread I've posted in.

Anyway...

Let's Go Lakers!

pimp.gif

im glad these two teams haven't been all buddy buddy like how you see when most teams play eachother, i hope it stays that way.

I finally got tickets to tonights game. I got on the toyota center website this morning( Due to HtownRox hinting at this) and there were some tickets to my suprise. Big ups to HtownRox and I'm glad that I'll be in the building to root my team on tonight.
Let's Go Rockets!!!
I totally forgot about this! Damn me for sleeping in
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Ritch1088

I finally got tickets to tonights game. I got on the toyota center website this morning( Due to HtownRox hinting at this) and there were some tickets to my suprise. Big ups to HtownRox and I'm glad that I'll be in the building to root my team on tonight.
Let's Go Rockets!!!
smh.gif

Did you check and see if there were any tickets available? If not I'd check.

I thought Ron said he doesn't elbow anyone.
nerd.gif

Musta been the old Ron, the new and improved one is above all that now.
laugh.gif
ron not elbowing anyone is like ron not going into the stands
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ritch1088

Let's Go Rockets!!!
smh.gif

Did you check and see if there were any tickets available? If not I'd check.

I did check there was nothing so I checked for game 4 and what they had was 2 tickets for 1400. Just a tad bit out if my price range.
laugh.gif

i dont care much for either side.. but this had been a great series. i hope both teams keep up their intensity despite the bs calls ( and you know theres gonnabe a lot of them)

Back
Top Bottom