Official Game 3: 05/08 Los Angeles @ Houston Rockets 8:30PM CST ESPN

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

Originally Posted by blackxme

Now that after all that transpired in game 2, I expect the Rockets to come out and set the tone in game 3. And there's no doubt that our crowd will be energized and our guys should feed off that. Coming home I'm proud of what my team has accomplished by splitting the first two games in L.A. You can't ask for much more than what they did. Also I'm encouraged because we didn't play our best basketball in either of the two games and had a chance to take both. A few things that must improve for us to win game 3:
- Continue to get great energy and scoring off the bench.
- I hope Von works things out with Rick. We need his scoring punch.
- Yao must get the ball more, he can't be rendered useless, we'll have no chance in this series if continues to score less than 20 ppg. He only had 4 shots, 4 shots!! That's not going to cut it
- Keep your turnovers down, we had 19 turnovers last, 19. And all our turnovers do is fuel the Lakers' fast break. NO LAYUPS
-Ron needs to keep shooting the way he is shooting. He didn't take as many questionable shots as I thought he would in L.A.( Maybe because his was making so many shots). But he needs to keep taking it to the basket, there's no way Ariza can stop him.
-Let Kobe dominate the ball and make him take as many shots as possible. No ones going to shut him down but you can sure as hell make him inefficient. Sooner or later Kobe will become tired, B.Roy commented on how tired he felt after that series with the Rockets. Make him work.

And yeah I beat you Laker fans to the punch
laugh.gif
The Rockets played the best they could play in game 1 IMO. They score 98 points a game as a team on the season while allowing only 94 so I would say they played right up there with how they normally do.
I disagree. In game1 not only were we out-rebounded but we turned the ball over 16 times. Our bench wasn't that great and the starters werethe ones who really played well.
So no we haven't played our best game yet.

I don't think either team can rely on "Oh, my team hasn't played their best game yet..." This has turned into a grind it out series in whichit will be difficult foe both teams to find their so called "best game"

In both games, the winning team won because they were the better team that night, not because the other team didn't have their best game

From wat i seen in dat last 2 games, Rockets can beat the lakers dey match up perfect wit'em....

I want lakers ta win the series, But i think rockets might pull an upset...

Let's go H-TOWN... we will be ready this game and will smash the lakers... Kobe should be suspended as well but we know the leagues on his #$##$ for hittinartest then they call the foul on artest.. I hope they don't have the refs paid off and hope that little bald ref ain't reffin this game.. I said thatref was against the H when he refed game 2 against the blazers in a questionably called game also.. Been hatin that ref.. And I will be at game 3 and 4 talkinmess to any laker fan...

I'm gonna need Lamar to get 16+ and 10+ boards, when he's a threat it's hard to beat us as long as Kobe&Pau are doing what they do

also, the bench NEEDS to show up

I like our chances though, it should be a good game

btw, I watch Artest play quite often, he can't keep up this high level of play all series
nerd.gif
can he

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

Now that after all that transpired in game 2, I expect the Rockets to come out and set the tone in game 3. And there's no doubt that our crowd will be energized and our guys should feed off that. Coming home I'm proud of what my team has accomplished by splitting the first two games in L.A. You can't ask for much more than what they did. Also I'm encouraged because we didn't play our best basketball in either of the two games and had a chance to take both. A few things that must improve for us to win game 3:
- Continue to get great energy and scoring off the bench.
- I hope Von works things out with Rick. We need his scoring punch.
- Yao must get the ball more, he can't be rendered useless, we'll have no chance in this series if continues to score less than 20 ppg. He only had 4 shots, 4 shots!! That's not going to cut it
- Keep your turnovers down, we had 19 turnovers last, 19. And all our turnovers do is fuel the Lakers' fast break. NO LAYUPS
-Ron needs to keep shooting the way he is shooting. He didn't take as many questionable shots as I thought he would in L.A.( Maybe because his was making so many shots). But he needs to keep taking it to the basket, there's no way Ariza can stop him.
-Let Kobe dominate the ball and make him take as many shots as possible. No ones going to shut him down but you can sure as hell make him inefficient. Sooner or later Kobe will become tired, B.Roy commented on how tired he felt after that series with the Rockets. Make him work.

And yeah I beat you Laker fans to the punch
laugh.gif
The Rockets played the best they could play in game 1 IMO. They score 98 points a game as a team on the season while allowing only 94 so I would say they played right up there with how they normally do.
I disagree. In game1 not only were we out-rebounded but we turned the ball over 16 times. Our bench wasn't that great and the starters were the ones who really played well.
So no we haven't played our best game yet.

So do you mean best as in perfect? That might not happen you know.

Lakers 99, Houston 92.

This is going to be a real close game, but I think we can take back home court and move into the favorable position again.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Lakers 99, Houston 92.

This is going to be a real close game, but I think we can take back home court and move into the favorable position again.

Yes another day off to watch the Lakers WIN!. I had that same exact score pictured. With 3+ minutes to go, KB24 will erupt and take apart houstons D

ok, Ron Artest needs to shut up now, he's been getting a lot of laughs for his recent comments in both the Blazers and now Lakers matchups but now this guyis just od'ing it saying that if the tables were turned Kobe would get knocked out by the same type of elbow. We know you're a "tough" guyand have a reputation as one but when you constantly bring it up it just seems like you're trying too hard.

Originally Posted by Rapsteady1

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Lakers 99, Houston 92.

Yes another day off to watch the Lakers WIN!. I had that same exact score pictured. With 3+ minutes to go, KB24 will erupt and take apart houstons D
thats what he does
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by solefob

ok, Ron Artest needs to shut up now, he's been getting a lot of laughs for his recent comments in both the Blazers and now Lakers matchups but now this guy is just od'ing it saying that if the tables were turned Kobe would get knocked out by the same type of elbow. We know you're a "tough" guy and have a reputation as one but when you constantly bring it up it just seems like you're trying too hard.

ok Kobe.

Brown and Farmar have to step up this game and Kobe has to get everyone involved. Let's get it!

farmar has to play well tomorrow because he will be getting a lot of minutes
kobe has to start us out, bynum gasol and odom all have to have good games
lets go lakers!

Cavs fan checking in (I'm unbiased)...this series is the #*$@! I can't remember the last game I watched that was as entertaining as game 2 LMAO
roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
...since KG & Jameer Nelson are hurt, we're basically on cruise control till The Finals (I won't even mention that sorry +!*"team" from down south
laugh.gif
). Here's to more HARD FOULS, techs, dudes acting hard when they are soft as baby poop (i.e. Luke Walton), & mostimportantly GREAT HOOPS. May the best team win
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
The Rockets are absolutely pitiful and clearly do not have what it takes to beat the mighty Lakers. Yao Ming will revert to his soft self again, and T-Macwill enter the game. The only way the Rockets win this game is if the Lakers give the game away. I expect Kobe to go off like he did against the Raptors a fewseasons ago in the regular season. Rockets 67 Lakers 166. Kobe with 84/36, Lamar with 26/16/10, Sasha with 9 triples.

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

ok, Ron Artest needs to shut up now, he's been getting a lot of laughs for his recent comments in both the Blazers and now Lakers matchups but now this guy is just od'ing it saying that if the tables were turned Kobe would get knocked out by the same type of elbow. We know you're a "tough" guy and have a reputation as one but when you constantly bring it up it just seems like you're trying too hard.

ok Kobe.
good rebuttal

Originally Posted by acidicality

laugh.gif
The Rockets are absolutely pitiful and clearly do not have what it takes to beat the mighty Lakers. Yao Ming will revert to his soft self again, and T-Mac will enter the game. The only way the Rockets win this game is if the Lakers give the game away. I expect Kobe to go off like he did against the Raptors a few seasons ago in the regular season. Rockets 67 Lakers 166. Kobe with 84/36, Lamar with 26/16/10, Sasha with 9 triples.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by gescobe

Originally Posted by acidicality

laugh.gif
The Rockets are absolutely pitiful and clearly do not have what it takes to beat the mighty Lakers. Yao Ming will revert to his soft self again, and T-Mac will enter the game. The only way the Rockets win this game is if the Lakers give the game away. I expect Kobe to go off like he did against the Raptors a few seasons ago in the regular season. Rockets 67 Lakers 166. Kobe with 84/36, Lamar with 26/16/10, Sasha with 9 triples.
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

inside joke homie. Where is he btw?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

ok Kobe.
good rebuttal

I mean if that's how you feel...

I don't see why Ron's so mad. One time i was playin ball at school, and this short asian kid was playing with a hat on. i get a rebound and turn aroundto pass to a gaurd, next thing i know, i get chopped in the throat with dude's bill. i didn't get a tech. i just said i wish u'd take your hat off,and kept hoopin.

The Toyota Center is gonna be crazy tomorrow. I expect many inferiority complex Beat L.A. shirts in the crowd.
The Rockets are gonna come out strong but they better hope that Artest doesn't take that energy and dominate the ball and get caught up in the moment andtake bad shots.
The Lakers can't let Scola find his game and need to attack him defensively by having Ariza slash to the basket or possibly moving to a smaller lineup andplaying two other guards with Kobe. Scola is the key to victory in my view.
The Lakers need to continue to attack Yao on offense and front him and swarm him on defense.

Random thought, is it me or does Aaron Brooks have the biggest feet in the league. Looks like he's playing in clown shoes.

Quite honestly, I didn't expect the Rockets to give the Lakers such fits.

I actually predicted that the Lakers would get knocked out in the Conference Finals.

So I'm still not sure if H-Town can do the job here.

But I am thoroughly enjoying this series right now.

Good series so far.

The Toyota Center is gonna be crazy tomorrow. I expect many inferiority complex Beat L.A. shirts in the crowd.
Cant wait bro, ima be there.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom