OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
but give ned credit for being smart enough to hide Jon's identity. and he did lie about defeating that guy at the tower of joy, which was probably for the best.

he definitely should've been more careful before confronting cersei and he should've had leverage against littlefinger. but otherwise he was not the complete political idiot this thread treats him as.
Lie of ommission really with killing the best swordsman.

As for Jon, it was a deathbed plea for him to promise to keep the secret from his sister. Honor demanded he keep it even if it made him look bad. Same way he took back what he said about Joffrey not being the king when Varys told him his daughters lives were in danger if he stuck to the truth since he was on that I ain't afraid to die/been prepared to die decades ago.

It wasn't even that Ned was bad at it all. He didn't even want to be good at it. Too just, too honorable.

His dumb wife ****** up any politics though.

Only reason why Ned lost against cersei is because he aint as rich as her

Catelyn was the biggest f up

and Ned wasnt stupid enough to trust little finger
Ned only trusted little finger because catelyn vouched for him

Which is why he was stupid for trusting him.

When it started getting heated and he had no more men he relied on LF to secure the city's watch. This is after he disagreed with LF's plan going forward where Ned had all the power. It was careless to still rely on dude. He would've been better off asking Varys for advice.

You see in S2 how it's night and day with Tyrion as the hand. Son quickly cleared out everybody that betrayed Ned except for LF.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc  

Which is why he was stupid for trusting him.

When it started getting heated and he had no more men he relied on LF to secure the city's watch. This is after he disagreed with LF's plan going forward where Ned had all the power. It was careless to still rely on dude. He would've been better off asking Varys for advice.

You see in S2 how it's night and day with Tyrion as the hand. Son quickly cleared out everybody that betrayed Ned except for LF.

Last edited:
All he had to do was accept renley's help. Dummy ned was like nah.

Yep. Ned was messin up left and right. Which is why he never wanted to be hand of the king in the forst place. His place was in the battlefield

yall forgetting that he had the king on his side and a signed document... he didn't think he would be condemned. Also, his death wasn't even sealed until the last minute. Everyone thought he would live. 

it's just that the other people didn't give a ish..

yeah he didn't think that would happen. Thats why he so so honorable. Stuck by the code/law.

He wanted to live, thats why he changed his word at his trial. Yall acting like he wanted to die lol

Last edited:
Thrones talk over the weekend at different BBQs :pimp: everyone sharing their thoughts on the season, future, theories, etc.

My cousin doesn't know about any of the stupid internet fan theory stuff. I was telling him how people thought meera was jon's twin and another one how they think jon and tyrion could be half brothers. He looked at me and was like who the hell would think of those dumb ideas.

As ****** up as Cersei is, she didn't want Ned to die. She knew that was going to cause problems. She just underestimated how much of a demented **** Joffrey was.

Ned just caught a bad deal. He was chilling at Winterfell, then Robert's fat *** comes around begging for him to become Hand. LF orchestrates the whole thing having Lysa poison Jon Arryn. Puts Ned in a position where he needs his help and when Ned refuses out of honor, LF has him arrested.

It seems like Jeoff made the decision to kill Ned, but Rob was already marching south with his banner men, I don't think Cersie would have let Ned travel North with the information that he has even if he said he would take the black.

I believe that on the show, an even more so in the books, Tyrion chastises Cersei for letting Joff kill Ned. She tells him that she couldn't control Joff. Plus Ned was a bargaining chip, as well as Sansa and Arya.

Cersei needed Ned and sister Starks alive to bargain for Jamie. Cersei didn't think Joff would kill ned and she certainly couldn't control him, she even admitted it so. 

As much as I'd love to see a GoT Prequel with Robert's Rebellion, it just sucks to know the fate that will follow all those "heroes" that I lose interest :smh:

Back
Top Bottom